Punter taking position change in stride

Chiles seems like one of our better shooters on the team, I'm sure he'll see minutes. I really like McGhee but he may end up redshirting. I think he'll be a hell of a player for us in the future.

Chiles could see minutes late in the game when you're looking for a 3, but I don't think he's gonna get the backup PG minutes.

Chiles seems like one of our better shooters on the team, I'm sure he'll see minutes. I really like McGhee but he may end up redshirting. I think he'll be a hell of a player for us in the future.

I wish we could redshirt both him and Owens but I doubt that's possible.

I wish we could redshirt both him and Owens but I doubt that's possible.

I think McGhee gets redshirted, but likely not Owens, think he'll see minutes.

I look forward to our frontline over the next couple years, although this year will be a bit rough. Carmichael, Owens and Woodson are all oozing with potential, and are very young, think they'll be very good before their time here is done.

Is that just from early reports or something more?

From everything that's been reported, and what I've also heard from a few people who've been able to watch parts of practice.

Tyndall also said he only wants to go 8, maybe 9 deep, someone has to get left out.

Always seems to be something, meanwhile guys like Baulkman and Punter are plugging along flawlessly and taking advantage of every opportunity.

Flawlessly based on what? I know he has talked highly of the job punter but not heard much on Baulkman.

Flawlessly based on what? I know he has talked highly of the job punter but not heard much on Baulkman.

Baulkman has done a very good job, hasn't received as much praise as Carmichael and Punter publicly, but Baulkman is a guy Tyndall is very happy with.

Baulkman has done a very good job, hasn't received as much praise as Carmichael and Punter publicly, but Baulkman is a guy Tyndall is very happy with.

Just the other day u were questioning whether Baulkman was playing really good or Hubbs was struggling....did something change?

Just the other day u were questioning whether Baulkman was playing really good or Hubbs was struggling....did something change?

That was partial sarcasm, and partly comparatively speaking....

If Hubbs was playing up to his 5* ability it wouldn't even be a position battle in the least bit, but he's not.

If Hubbs was playing up to his 5* ability it wouldn't even be a position battle in the least bit, but he's not.

He is a 5* coming off injury.....he is making him earn his spot.....if he is healthy and doesn't earn it by the start of the season then we will know u are right about him not playing like a 5* talent.

Hoping that situation improves. Hubbs and Richardson are potentially a very formidable 2 3 combo on the wings.

Always seems to be something, meanwhile guys like Baulkman and Punter are plugging along flawlessly and taking advantage of every opportunity.

Is this actually unresentful optimism? Its good to have you back if only for a moment. lol

He is a 5* coming off injury.....he is making him earn his spot.....if he is healthy and doesn't earn it by the start of the season then we will know u are right about him not playing like a 5* talent.

Healthy or not doesn't matter, at this point all the little injuries are becoming worrisome, he needs to stay healthy.

I really doubt he's the game 1 starter, he's got a very long way to go for that to happen.

Tyndall gave the current rotation a couple weeks ago. It is subject to change but he had Punter, Baulkman, Carmichael, Richardson, and Moore starting. Coming off the bench Chiles, Mostella, Owens, and Hubbs.

No mention of any playing time for Woodson, McGhee, or Reese.

Tyndall gave the current rotation a couple weeks ago. It is subject to change but he had Punter, Baulkman, Carmichael, Richardson, and Moore starting. Coming off the bench Chiles, Mostella, Owens, and Hubbs.

Another motivational tool for Woodson is my bet. You don't apply for, and aggressively seek immediate eligibility for a player you don't plan on playing. McGhee I can see redshirting. Reese seems on the outs. I think Tyndall ultimately goes with a nine-man rotation that includes Woodson, and Owens gets spot minutes as the occasional #10 guy while he develops and gets stronger and more experienced in the paint in practice.

JMO

I think for long term purposes (NBA) Mostella should be working at the point

Idk I can see Mostella being a Louis Williams type player.

Louis is about 6'1-6'2ish 175lbs
And
Detrick is about an inch taller 170lbs

Williams started out a pg in the NBA but now mostly plays the 2.

"And you jokers didn't want nothing to do with him starting!" You are the epitome of 'joker'!

Why can't you just cool it with the "I told you so!" posts? First, there is no tangible proof that BL would have started AND succeeded at PG logging major minutes, only speculation that will now never be proven. So, technically you are no more correct now than you were three months ago. You just can't be proven wrong either now since he won't play because of injury. Second, for a retired veteran and grown man, the continual need for attention and reaffirmation smacks of a smartass 13-year old. Grow up and shut up. The Lopez agenda is so tired.

Reactions: 4 people
Punter not playing pg a single day in his life is still better than Lopez. Lopez would have not started I wish you would understand that SD. He would have made Trae Golden look like Aaron Craft on defense. Lopez could not stay in front of his man on D. Josh Richardson would have started at the point before Lopez. Lopez can't shoot or drive the ball so his defender would double up on one of our other players. Lopez is a great kid and will be a hell of a coach someday, but will and won't ever be a starter in the SEC even if he didn't get hurt.

The only joker is you SeniorDrill.

Reactions: 1 person

This is from the "Video and notes.." thread. "The second team looks like Ian Chiles at point guard, Detrick Mostella at shooting guard, Armani Moore at small forward, Jabari McGhee at the four and Tariq Owens at the five. McGhee and Moore looked like they both played the three and four, but it was tough to tell at times – they will play several players at multiple positions this season" - Reed Carringer, Rocky Top Insider

This is from the "Video and notes.." thread. "The second team looks like Ian Chiles at point guard, Detrick Mostella at shooting guard, Armani Moore at small forward, Jabari McGhee at the four and Tariq Owens at the five. McGhee and Moore looked like they both played the three and four, but it was tough to tell at times – they will play several players at multiple positions this season" - Reed Carringer, Rocky Top Insider

Ian Chiles has not been practicing as the backup PG, that write up is from a very small portion of practice in which media was allowed to watch. Tyndall said himself just the other day that Richardson is currently the backup PG.

He also went on to say that when Woodson plays Willie would slide to the 4 and Armani to the 3, so that right there suggests that Woodson will definitely be playing.

As of today chiles, McGhee and Reese are your odd men out.

VN Store

Back