PTI says Kiffin was "Great" today!

pieced it together.. When people talk, you can start to figure out what really happened.. Until today, they were saying much other than, LSU LSU LSU..MOMMA late, but still LSU don't worry ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You pieced it together by reading things from a bunch of people that thought for certain that Janzen was going to LSU and NuKeese was headed to Florida? Or maybe some of the recruiting experts that didn't know who our official visitors were until several hours after they arrived in Knoxville?

Wow PTI put a nice spin on it and tried to save Kiffen at the end of the day, because ESPN has been running the story all day and just basically laughing at his video footage. It speaks on it's own..Cockiness, and ignorance, combined with deception and slander

What an embarrassment.. Calls out urban for Cheating, Bragging to your boosters about it and they proudly applaud how your Asst, coaches got Richardson to go home and lie "keep telling them your committed to Florida".. Talk about Sleezy PTI Tony!!! Hello!

Seriously, you don't want to pick up players like that do you? You want to be known for that? Rather for Integrity and class..excellence.. Guys this isn't a good start to rebuilding a program, I don't care how you slice it... PTI is just trying to make it bigger which they have. Watch Butch Davis if you want to see it done right.

Urban is going to lay it on thick this year.. I can't stand Urban, but I want to see that beat down! After today, you guys are ranked #2 most hated behind Bama by LSU at least in the short term.. I am very upset how your staff worked over LSU JJ, his dad and Myles JR.

The Jackson deal is unreal guys. I say congrats on landing a great player.. Sure we are sore about it. Your insiders were right again... But it's hard to get good info if your being lied too.

We were hoodwinked by JJ and his dad for weeks all the way until to yesterday... Lied to Coach Miles repeatedly... This deal was done a long time ago as evidence by JJ comments today... I am astonished.

That is beyond shady.. And If I catch Les Miles pulling that kind of crap I will come down hard on him for it. you guys are calling it fire on the Hill? OK..

No way Miles pulling Benton scholly was the same thing

The pressure Miles had to sign the top WR in the nation and from LA. is nuts... he almost lost both Benton and Randle over depth of all things.. If your Miles what do you do? Seriously? What is a HC going to do in that situation... You guys probably haven't bother to see the details of it anyways.

If I was big booster at UT, I would be concerned about the open arrogance of Kiffen.

you guys think Miles is goof ball... I read it all the time..

Well your coach is now the new SEC punching bag

Dude take your LSU bs somewhere else....this is volnation. I really wish we played LSU next year....grow up tiger lilly

Probably not, but I have spend an embarrassment of time on it..

I have read almost everything on this topic

pieced it together.. When people talk, you can start to figure out what really happened.. Until today, they were saying much other than, LSU LSU LSU..MOMMA late, but still LSU don't worry ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well it's time to let it go. there is always more to the story and being bitter is not a good way to enjoy life. have a good night and good luck.

Apex, are you avoiding the Craig Loston thing? Do your homework son. You are too busy crying about JJ that you failed to even notice you got the top safety in this year's class.

Oh sorry, well I am not a football expert by any means

It was discussed that LSU was the only school to really recruit JJ as CB, most wanted him at safety..

Depending on scheme, JJ would play a cover safety at LSU...

Loston is more a Laron Laundry type

LSU actually has some nice players in the secondary and are young..

But JJ is great prospect..excellent... I think he has chance to get on the field quicker with you guys, I don't really know, just a guess

Bottom line is LSu wanted to sign 2 safeties in this class

Wow PTI put a nice spin on it and tried to save Kiffen at the end of the day, because ESPN has been running the story all day and just basically laughing at his video footage. It speaks on it's own..Cockiness, and ignorance, combined with deception and slander

What an embarrassment.. Calls out urban for Cheating, Bragging to your boosters about it and they proudly applaud how your Asst, coaches got Richardson to go home and lie "keep telling them your committed to Florida".. Talk about Sleezy PTI Tony!!! Hello!

Seriously, you don't want to pick up players like that do you? You want to be known for that? Rather for Integrity and class..excellence.. Guys this isn't a good start to rebuilding a program, I don't care how you slice it... PTI is just trying to make it bigger which they have. Watch Butch Davis if you want to see it done right.

Urban is going to lay it on thick this year.. I can't stand Urban, but I want to see that beat down! After today, you guys are ranked #2 most hated behind Bama by LSU at least in the short term.. I am very upset how your staff worked over LSU JJ, his dad and Myles JR.

The Jackson deal is unreal guys. I say congrats on landing a great player.. Sure we are sore about it. Your insiders were right again... But it's hard to get good info if your being lied too.

We were hoodwinked by JJ and his dad for weeks all the way until to yesterday... Lied to Coach Miles repeatedly... This deal was done a long time ago as evidence by JJ comments today... I am astonished.

That is beyond shady.. And If I catch Les Miles pulling that kind of crap I will come down hard on him for it. you guys are calling it fire on the Hill? OK..

No way Miles pulling Benton scholly was the same thing

The pressure Miles had to sign the top WR in the nation and from LA. is nuts... he almost lost both Benton and Randle over depth of all things.. If your Miles what do you do? Seriously? What is a HC going to do in that situation... You guys probably haven't bother to see the details of it anyways.

If I was big booster at UT, I would be concerned about the open arrogance of Kiffen.

you guys think Miles is goof ball... I read it all the time..

Well your coach is now the new SEC punching bag

Let me let you in on a little secret, ok....recruiting is WAR. And if you think that it's a clean and even playing ground, then you sir are naive. If you think what Kiffin did was sleazy then you should take that pointed finger and point it right back at yourself. Everyone, I mean, everyone that is successful in the recruiting war do things that could be considered sleazy, to use your word. If you think Les Miles hasnt done some questionable things while going after these studs then you've got another thing coming. It's just like politics, you have lobbyists(boosters), incumbents(coaches), and the up-and-coming new guys(recruits) and of course America is America, and we're gullible and blind to what really goes on behind the curtains. It's obvious that the UT staff has been having to deal with all kinds of negative recruiting...it's not against the rules but it's sleazy. You can try and throw accusations around if you want to or you can call it what it is...Kiffin getting back at Urban for some sleazy stuff of his own. And by the way, what do you care. You don't even have a dog in the race, so I'm not sure why you're even over here with you're uninformed opinions. Do us all a favor and go back to your board, put your blinders on, and celebrate that super class that I'm sure was pulled in without any "sleazy" tactics...yeah right.:good!:

Thanks apex, what Im saying is that Myles Jr. would never have gone to LSU because he would have definitely been behind Loston, so don't think that what you feel we did was dirty.

You pieced it together by reading things from a bunch of people that thought for certain that Janzen was going to LSU and NuKeese was headed to Florida? Or maybe some of the recruiting experts that didn't know who our official visitors were until several hours after they arrived in Knoxville?

What?

No, we knew all about JJ visit to UT.. he just said very little about it.. Little did we know he committed then

Oh sorry, well I am not a football expert by any means

It was discussed that LSU was the only school to really recruit JJ as CB, most wanted him at safety..

Depending on scheme, JJ would play a cover safety at LSU...

Loston is more a Laron Laundry type

LSU actually has some nice players in the secondary and are young..

But JJ is great prospect..excellent... I think he has chance to get on the field quicker with you guys, I don't really know, just a guess

Bottom line is LSu wanted to sign 2 safeties in this class
Why? you also have Chad Jones. JJ probably wouldn't play for two years, at least.

Thanks apex, what Im saying is that Myles Jr. would never have gone to LSU because he would have definitely been behind Loston, so don't think that what you feel we did was dirty.

but at time both safeties would be on the feild? I dont' know enough about it.

Maybe loston was the reason

But I have heard that for the same reasoning you are giving me, is whey Myles Jr is upset.. two safeties in this class of yours, one came in late that is higher ranked? Not what the coaches told him?

Let me let you in on a little secret, ok....recruiting is WAR. And if you think that it's a clean and even playing ground, then you sir are naive. If you think what Kiffin did was sleazy then you should take that pointed finger and point it right back at yourself. Everyone, I mean, everyone that is successful in the recruiting war do things that could be considered sleazy, to use your word. If you think Les Miles hasn't done some questionable things while going after these studs then you've got another thing coming. It's just like politics, you have lobbyists(boosters), incumbents(coaches), and the up-and-coming new guys(recruits) and of course America is America, and we're gullible and blind to what really goes on behind the curtains. It's obvious that the UT staff has been having to deal with all kinds of negative recruiting...it's not against the rules but it's sleazy. You can try and throw accusations around if you want to or you can call it what it is...Kiffin getting back at Urban for some sleazy stuff of his own. And by the way, what do you care. You don't even have a dog in the race, so I'm not sure why you're even over here with you're uninformed opinions. Do us all a favor and go back to your board, put your blinders on, and celebrate that super class that I'm sure was pulled in without any "sleazy" tactics...yeah right.:good!:

Well I don't like Urban..I think he is sleezy, I have heard things, read things HS coaches say about him.. at first I enjoyed the idea of Urban was getting caught cheating.. Equally funny is Lane being publicly wrong in slander due to ignorance.. Now we have a rivalry again ehh..yeah! Amen!

Regarding Saban, he is just a machine, relentless, ruthless... but I don't think he lies or tells players to tell them to go back and tell these other schools they are committed too, to keep deceiving them. I could be wrong. Nick uses players in a way.. "you keep your commitment to me" but then relentlessly recruit other schools committed players..and it be ok for that player to go against their commitment to another coach... ah a conflict

Every coach does this.. These guys are paid to win games.

I'm just sharing with you the amazing recruiting of JJ... It was awesome.. and wicked.. in a bad way..

I think other coaches understand who they are dealing with now..

It's big boy football.. I think I am over it.. It's just kind of fun to chat about how they pulled it off

Why? you also have Chad Jones. JJ probably wouldn't play for two years, at least.

Well, Chad will be a Junior this season

Talk of him moving to LB too

he had a bad season last year too.. frankly the whole defense had a bad year LOL!

I just read that this what the coaches wanted this year...

Building depth, account for injury and attrition I reckon

What?

No, we knew all about JJ visit to UT.. he just said very little about it.. Little did we know he committed then

I'm referring to rivals employess that didn't know who was visiting Knoxville until long after they'd arrived.

PTI guys may have been flattering but the rest of ESPN has not been.

Gene Wojciechowski: University of Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin sacks himself - ESPN

As much as I would love to believe what kiffin did today was just stirring the pot and getting some our swagger back. I think he screwed the pooch. It is going to negatively effect recruiting next year. Every coach in the SEC will point out how he is a loose cannon, doesn't know the rules, and forces kids to lie. He has burned the bridge down in Pahokee and no matter what he says to the coach, the parents down there are never going to trust him after the other SEC coaches get to them. Not winning much next year (I hope I am wrong) tacked onto this is going to set us back for years. I am very worried. Quite frankly at this point if i had a son that was a recruit, I wouldn't intrust him to Kiffin at this point.

PTI guys may have been flattering but the rest of ESPN has not been.

Gene Wojciechowski: University of Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin sacks himself - ESPN

As much as I would love to believe what kiffin did today was just stirring the pot and getting some our swagger back. I think he screwed the pooch. It is going to negatively effect recruiting next year. Every coach in the SEC will point out how he is a loose cannon, doesn't know the rules, and forces kids to lie. He has burned the bridge down in Pahokee and no matter what he says to the coach, the parents down there are never going to trust him after the other SEC coaches get to them. Not winning much next year (I hope I am wrong) tacked onto this is going to set us back for years. I am very worried. Quite frankly at this point if i had a son that was a recruit, I wouldn't intrust him to Kiffin at this point.

are you serious? i COMPLETELY disagree

We are getting a lot of hate from other SEC teams, but by and large around the nation a lot of teams love the fire from our coach. On the main Rival's board we have quickly become a lot of fans of OOC teams adopted SEC team.

do you guys not get that your staff decieved Myles to bag him and JJ?

Players choose places by information.

It's just not a good start to a new relationship IMO

they pulled it off...Prevent LSU from recruiting another stud as well..

It was awesome, I have to chuckle a bit and tip my hat

but it probably won't happen again

So you know every conversation our coaches had with our recruits now??? Why the hell are you so "certain" that they tricked Myles Jr. He wanted to come learn from the best Defensive coach in the game, nough' said. He will a major contributor for us next year, w/or w/out JJ, book it

I had to defend my coach all day at work yesterday as I work with Auburn and Florida grads (I know, I know, just quit, right?!) and PTI reinforced a lot of our sentiment. This isn't unlike what Bruce did coming in a few years ago. You've gotta make some noise and hope that 90% of it is 'good' but just make some damn noise!

Apex, I think most of us 'hear' you, but there are countless stories with nearly all the 4 and 5 star ATHs. Recruiting isn't pretty or even 'just' in some cases. I can't imagine some of the things that are said to these kids and their parents, but as long as they're not paying them off, just about anything goes.

Keep it up, Kif!

My biggest disagreement with that is your views on Benton. That kid did have the rugged pulled from his feet. He has been a LSU commit for a long time. To tell a kid "you can come here but you may not fit in our system" is tough, but admirable for telling the truth. To tell a kid that "we are no longer honoring your scholarship" really bugs me. That kid is going to have something to prove for several years each time you play AU. I disagree at how Kiffin handled everything yesterday. With that being said, I dont think he thought that information would ever leak and get as big as it did. If anyone in the SEC thinks their coach doesn't bad mouth other coaches behind closed doors is a fool. It applies even more to those who LK has had spats with... Meyer, Saban, Miles, Spurrier. Did anyone ever think he is doing this to bring fire back in the rivarly? You do not see him calling out Kentucky, Vandy, AU, Miss State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, or any other school. The reason....all teams who either 1) we have dominated overall for the past 10-15 years or 2) faired "so so" against and dont play often. CLK just needs to play it quiet until September and to prove this on the field.

Last edited:
I posted this in the "repremand" [sic] thread too:

This is how this situation went down. Think about the context a little bit. Kiffin says a couple of weeks ago that he did not expect so much negative recruiting. This would happen between coaches and recruits in a he said, he said context so there would be an expectation that no one could prove anything definitively or no witnesses. Do you suppose this comment had anything to do with what the Florida staff was telling Teague and Nuke?

So Kiff fires a shot across the bow and gets warned about breaking a rule of demeaning other SEC programs that is spot on with respect to his complaints a couple of weeks ago. Think about it the first push (in this case the negative recruiting against UT) as is usually the case not get penalized. Its the retaliation that draws the flag. But sometimes the retaliation in necessary to call attention to the situation so, to get it under control in the future. I think its interesting that "yes" it was made clear that there would be pitched competition against Saban the dynamic of engaging him yesterday at the rally was different. I think its clear that someone (guess ?) banks that in a show down of his word against a recruits if he was ever called on his recruiting slanders that his denials would muddy a clear determination of what had happened.

I am just saying.

VN Store

Back