Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

We’re theyvtalked to though? I know that was the narrative here on VN but did it really happen?

Solid disagreement and thats cool.

When did our recruting momentum come to a hail, because ill ive heard this season we that Pruitt is great we just have no talent?
the last couple weeks a few bigger targets we thought were on flip watch, really aren't. there was some serious buzz about flipping guys like owen pappoe, trezman marshall (there's still some here, but i don't buy it), Justin eboigbe, keyatta watson etc...

basically, all that talk got squashed about a week ago.

it's not a total loss mind you, but those were the kind of guys that if you could get, turn this class in to a potential top 5 class.

this is the last weekend for visits before ESD and we have some big names coming in town this week, most are early signees, and several uncommitted big names are coming like Crouch, Gray and Wright....and a 4* RB, a couple LB's and a 4* DE..... so we'll see how those go. Wright coming is big, he cancelled his UGA visit and is coming here instead, so that was great to see.

i think the class is rated in the top 15 now. with the guys we have, and getting a few more, we could still approach top 10ish.

but those guys i mentioned above, those are the type of guys that UGA, Auburn, Bama etc.....are getting and being able to compete at the level they are. so it would have been a big shot in the arm, as far as talent goes, to get some of those guys AND the guys we already have in the fold.

No. I wouldn't know the answer to that. And if that were true it doesn't change anything for me.

Helton has been gone (officially) almost 3 weeks. Many believe Pruitt knew it was coming at least a couple weeks prior to that.
We "interviewed" 3 people in one day last Friday.
No reports that any of them were offered much less turned down the job.
The usual suspects are not really even talking about none of them over the last couple of days. More less silence.
Price comes out today (respected dude) saying its possible there isn't a hire until late next week/weekend at the earliest.

Either Pruitt is incompetent and or completely ill prepared after 4-6 weeks of knowing he was going to hiring an OC or he had this under control a lot sooner than this hire will be made.

Well it should. I'll stop harping on it after this. Several people have gone out of the way to defend Doug Matthews and his credibility along with how close he is to Fulmer. As you can tell I've got a burr up my ass about it. Lol.

Doug said Pruitt had his OC and the staff isn't talking to anyone and there are no leaks and the fans should relax, remember we talked about this. So, we all know if Doug is getting info its coming from Phil. Where is Price getting his info? Either Phil is telling them two different things, or Doug is wrong, there are leaks. And if there are leaks, there's a good chance Pruitt is incompetent and this is the cluster fork it looks like it is. In my opinion.

I don't understand why fans are so worried about the OC. We have a basketball team ranked #3 in the country and after the last 2 Football seasons this is something to enjoy. VOLS stop focusing on a decision that Pruitt has to make on his on and enjoy the success of a very talented basketball team.

I love Tennessee, doesn't mean I have to love every coach, player or even blindly agree or stand behind every happening as related to Football.... posted this earlier but here you go to:

"I don’t like the ideas of kids being duped into a college situation they didn’t initially sign up for and additionally because it would help expedite the process of getting rid of Pruitt which I don’t particularly care for..."
Still...for a fan? Fervent desired wish?

Read on VQ that Streeter had been approached by Pruitt and quashed any interest. Don’t know if that was faux insider shizz or not.

Well it should. I'll stop harping on it after this. Several people have gone out of the way to defend Doug Matthews and his credibility along with how close he is to Fulmer. As you can tell I've got a burr up my ass about it. Lol.

Doug said Pruitt had his OC and the staff isn't talking to anyone and there are no leaks and the fans should relax, remember we talked about this. So, we all know if Doug is getting info its coming from Phil. Where is Price getting his info? Either Phil is telling them two different things, or Doug is wrong, there are leaks. And if there are leaks, there's a good chance Pruitt is incompetent and this is the cluster fork it looks like it is. In my opinion.
maybe phill wants DM and AP to have a fist fight at a waffle house?

Read on VQ that Streeter had been approached by Pruitt and quashed any interest. Don’t know if that was faux insider shizz or not.
so, didn't get past the "guage interest" phase? interesting.

No way of knowing as I do not have a source or even pretend to have a source, but I do wonder if there is a chance that they are waiting until right before the signing period to announce to get a little extra bang for the buck and sway a few undecided recruits toward UT.....

Again I (we) have no way of knowing, but I am just curious if that could play into the OC announcement... I will hang up and listen..

Still...for a fan? Fervent desired wish?
I didn’t ask for your approval or much less care if you like it but.... since you feel the need to question I can only relate it to how we react when a Georgia or Alabama or anyone loses a coordinator or coach, first thing we do it hope they lose some committed players or at least get them thinking. I hope kids wait and are happily surprised by our hire rather than jumping aboard a sinking ship captained by Will Friend. I’d want that for my kids and anyone else’s for that matter.

Maybe at some point our AD will realize to get their **** together or the above is the result.

No, If those who say they know are correct, then its either an NFL Coach , or a College Coach who is going bowling and they have requested to wait until there season and commitment to their job is done.. Late Dec or later

So if Price did get 1 piece of intel he felt good about that contradicts 1 thing Matthews said, that debunks everything Matthews has said?

I didn’t ask for your approval or much less care if you like it but.... since you feel the need to question I can only relate it to how we react when a Georgia or Alabama or anyone loses a coordinator or coach, first thing we do it hope they lose some committed players or at least get them thinking. I hope kids wait and are happily surprised by our hire rather than jumping aboard a sinking ship captained by Will Friend. I’d want that for my kids and anyone else’s for that matter.
Friend isn’t going to be the OC. Whoever is isn’t jumping on a ship riddled with holes...they’re filling one. And there’s one QB in this class fully appraised of the situation. Our defensive recruits could give a **** about who the OC is and the running backs, OL and WR’s know who their position coaches are.

"I'll hang up and listen." Where to start? Start a lazy thread of some random thought and sit back and watch everyone discuss my intriguing idea. Does the word narcissism mean anything to you? Please make it stop! Almost 4700 posts with 59 likes. I guess you can't take a hint.

Reactions: volfannbama
No way of knowing as I do not have a source or even pretend to have a source, but I do wonder if there is a chance that they are waiting until right before the signing period to announce to get a little extra bang for the buck and sway a few undecided recruits toward UT.....

Again I (we) have no way of knowing, but I am just curious if that could play into the OC announcement... I will hang up and listen..

Guys we are thinking too much in to this.
The most likely scenario is that the new OC will be Friend and to announce that now would really hurt recruiting
My belief is that there is no secret announcement coming. There is no NFLer coming.
Doug Matthews is correct. The new OC has been decided on but it is not a hire, it is a promotion

I feel like I am driving alongside a massive accident on the interstate. I simply can't look away!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don’t like the ideas of kids being duped into a college situation they didn’t initially sign up for and additionally because it would help expedite the process of getting rid of Pruitt which I don’t particularly care for...
I agree I don’t like kids being duped either. But I haven’t seen anything that tells me CJP is misleading them in any way.

VN Store

Back