Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

Friend isn’t going to be the OC. Whoever is isn’t jumping on a ship riddled with holes...they’re filling one. And there’s one QB in this class fully appraised of the situation. Our defensive recruits could give a **** about who the OC is and the running backs, OL and WR’s know who their position coaches are.
And you know all this how? Where’s the article you read.... cause it sounds like to me this is a huge swing and a miss at all attempts to hire.

Honestly at this point (I may be delusional) I trust Pruitt. Let's all be honest about a few things...which recruits have we lost since Helton left? Not which "possible" flips have we not gotten, but how many of our 2019 guys decommitted when Helton left?

Again I could be crazy, but I think this staff isn't as incompetent as NegaVols want to think. Pruitt wants a guy that will fit in with UT & staff, and obviously doesn't think rushing to announce/hire his guy is a priority. He clearly believes recruits are the most important thing he needs to focus on right now.

So I am just going to let it play out...Browns & Lions are still in the playoff hunt right now too, something to take into account if the hire is a NFL guy.

Honestly at this point (I may be delusional) I trust Pruitt. Let's all be honest about a few things...which recruits have we lost since Helton left? Not which "possible" flips have we not gotten, but how many of our 2019 guys decommitted when Helton left?

Again I could be crazy, but I think this staff isn't as incompetent as NegaVols want to think. Pruitt wants a guy that will fit in with UT & staff, and obviously doesn't think rushing to announce/hire his guy is a priority. He clearly believes recruits are the most important thing he needs to focus on right now.

So I am just going to let it play out...Browns & Lions are still in the playoff hunt right now too, something to take into account if the hire is a NFL guy.

Considering we are 16th overall and 6th in the SEC he needs to step up the recruiting.

No way of knowing as I do not have a source or even pretend to have a source, but I do wonder if there is a chance that they are waiting until right before the signing period to announce to get a little extra bang for the buck and sway a few undecided recruits toward UT.....

Again I (we) have no way of knowing, but I am just curious if that could play into the OC announcement... I will hang up and listen..
Were is my magic 8 ball aw wrong one.

I didn’t ask for your approval or much less care if you like it but.... since you feel the need to question I can only relate it to how we react when a Georgia or Alabama or anyone loses a coordinator or coach, first thing we do it hope they lose some committed players or at least get them thinking. I hope kids wait and are happily surprised by our hire rather than jumping aboard a sinking ship captained by Will Friend. I’d want that for my kids and anyone else’s for that matter.

Maybe at some point our AD will realize to get their **** together or the above is the result.
How do you know that Friend will be our new OC? And the captain of this ship is CJP.

Considering we are 16th overall and 6th in the SEC he needs to step up the recruiting.

I will be HAPPY with a top 20 class, but truth be told I don't care where classes rank. Wins on Saturday, all that matters.

How does announcing an NFL guy now, hurt said NFL guy (or Tennessee)? If he's accepted the job his agent knows. The team he coaches for knows. NFL players aren't going to get their feelings hurt over it.

What is the downside?

Reactions: hog88
"I'll hang up and listen." Where to start? Start a lazy thread of some random thought and sit back and watch everyone discuss my intriguing idea. Does the word narcissism mean anything to you? Please make it stop! Almost 4700 posts with 59 likes. I guess you can't take a hint.

You really checked someone's like total?

I dont even know how to respond to that...

I mean his premise is kind of silly but not completely out of the realm of possibility.

How does announcing an NFL guy now, hurt said NFL guy (or Tennessee)? If he's accepted the job his agent knows. The team he coaches for knows. NFL players aren't going to get their feelings hurt over it.

What is the downside?

Honestly I think with CJP on the road recruiting so much they simply haven't been able to finalize anything -if- he has picked a guy, which I am not saying he has. I am simply saying it's not high priority for this particular staff to announce a new OC fast.

I just don't understand why doing it slow means he's incompetent. This is a first year guy who is having to make a pretty big hire. One he likely didn't expect to make this soon in his HC career.

It debunks his last tweet. They both can't be right.
I have no idea what was in his last tweet. I heard his comments on the radio which is I'm guessing is the origin.

I hope Matthews is dialed in.

The more than likely alternative is bleak from a lot different angles.

Reactions: Behr
Honestly I think with CJP on the road recruiting so much they simply haven't been able to finalize anything -if- he has picked a guy, which I am not saying he has. I am simply saying it's not high priority for this particular staff to announce a new OC fast.

I just don't understand why doing it slow means he's incompetent. This is a first year guy who is having to make a pretty big hire. One he likely didn't expect to make this soon in his HC career.

CJP and the guy agrees to the deal then it's up to the agents, lawyers to finalize it. He knows what his limits are on what he can offer.

"I'll hang up and listen." Where to start? Start a lazy thread of some random thought and sit back and watch everyone discuss my intriguing idea. Does the word narcissism mean anything to you? Please make it stop! Almost 4700 posts with 59 likes. I guess you can't take a hint.

I guess he's not quite up to your standards of Master Baiting his posts to get likes...

With that being said, one of us has the Mojo in getting likes.....

You really checked someone's like total?

I dont even know how to respond to that...

I mean his premise is kind of silly but not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Yes, when someone has posted 4700 times and nobody likes his post then that should tell you something. Either you are devoid of content or you don't get it.

You know likes haven't always existed right? Also lots of accounts lost them in the conversion. But hey, I'm sure you're right about that hint

I guess he's not quite up to your standards of Master Baiting his posts to get likes...

With that being said, one of us has the Mojo in getting likes.....

My standards. How about any standard? I give likes for posts that have some substance. Never for posts like the one you just made. No substance. If you post to get likes then that is sad.

Because it could show he's still a little green behind the ears and doesn't know how to execute a search. We don't know if Pruitt's gotten his golden goose, but it looks very bad if it drags on for so long and doesn't end with a Freddie Kitchens or Jim Chaney hire.

I mean, he should know what he wants in an offense. He's the head coach, he's the grand architect of the whole thing. It shouldn't take 2.5 going on 3 weeks to figure things out, and if it does take that long, you better be sitting on something real good.

I have no idea what was in his last tweet. I heard his comments on the radio which is I'm guessing is the origin.

I hope Matthews is dialed in.

The more than likely alternative is bleak from a lot different angles.

Honestly Beecher, it is what it is and life will go on whatever happens, but whatever is or isn't going on at this point is not a good look.

hog88 you're completely entitled to your own opinion on what a suitable recruiting class ranking needs to be, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. I don't care if we're the 115th class if we win 8+ games each season it don't mean a thing to me.

With that being said can anyone really give a reason the OC hire has to happen now (besides recruiting, I am aware of the benefits there). Without us going to a bowl game what's the earliest the staff can begin coaching for 2019 anyway? I know the Dead Period is the 17th to January 10th. Last season spring practiced started on March 20th, I can't seem to find when coaches are allowed to be meeting with players for the 2019 season. I know off-season workouts get fired up before NSD don't they?

All that to say the OC just needs to be hired before practice/coaching for 2019 can begin so why the hurry?

hog88 you're completely entitled to your own opinion on what a suitable recruiting class ranking needs to be, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. I don't care if we're the 115th class if we win 8+ games each season it don't mean a thing to me.

With that being said can anyone really give a reason the OC hire has to happen now (besides recruiting, I am aware of the benefits there). Without us going to a bowl game what's the earliest the staff can begin coaching for 2019 anyway? I know the Dead Period is the 17th to January 10th. Last season spring practiced started on March 20th, I can't seem to find when coaches are allowed to meeting with players for the 2019 season. I know off-season workouts get fired up before NSD don't they?

All that to say the OC just needs to be hired before practice/coaching for 2019 can begin so why the hurry?

8 Ws a season is settling for mediocrity.

I don't think CJP isn't trying to hire an OC, I think he is. IMO he's just not finding anyone willing to take the job, it's either that or he's elevating Friend. Sorry, I'll admit that I'm jaded when it comes to CJP, he's done squat to make me believe he's any better than Butch. I hope an pray that I'm wrong but I just haven't seen it yet.

I was just trying to help you out since you seem to have no clue. I guess you like being big, bad and uninformed. Carry on

LOL! I've been a member here since it's inception. (under another name) I know everyone lost likes. I lost half of mine but I didn't bring it up. I'm plenty informed but yes you got the big and bad right.

VN Store

Back