Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

Are you saying that Fulmer, or someone not considered "Staff" is talking to someone other than Doug Matthews?

No. I wouldn't know the answer to that. And if that were true it doesn't change anything for me.

Helton has been gone (officially) almost 3 weeks. Many believe Pruitt knew it was coming at least a couple weeks prior to that.
We "interviewed" 3 people in one day last Friday.
No reports that any of them were offered much less turned down the job.
The usual suspects are not really even talking about none of them over the last couple of days. More less silence.
Price comes out today (respected dude) saying its possible there isn't a hire until late next week/weekend at the earliest.

Either Pruitt is incompetent and or completely ill prepared after 4-6 weeks of knowing he was going to hiring an OC or he had this under control a lot sooner than this hire will be made.

this hire has been more about "fit" than it has been about "offensive style/philosophy" since the beginning. that's why it's taking so long.

we're not getting rid of anyone on the current staff. so that can hamper things a bit if you're not 100% sold on a guy that wants to bring in peopel of his own.

i don't like how long this is taking and i understand the perception that exists. but i'd rather them hire the right guy for what they want to do as a staff, than rush and make a bad hire and create a bad fit. that would do more harm than taking some more time and making as close to the right decision as you can.

I would guess that’s gonna be really difficult for Pruitt to do since it surely appears he has no earthly idea who it’s gonna be.
And you know this how...have you spoke to Jeremy to find out who this person is...No, I didn't think so, You are just like the rest of us...full of opinions with no useful facts to back up your opinion.

I decided to research Will Friend. I guess his stats aren't that bad. I have pretty much accepted the fact that he will be the OC. I am hoping for a homerun but I am expecting a swinging bunt.

Why would you want the commitments to the team you like to not sign early? Seems to me you'd want them to go ahead and sign with your team. I hope they all sign early along with some surprise pick ups.
I don’t like the ideas of kids being duped into a college situation they didn’t initially sign up for and additionally because it would help expedite the process of getting rid of Pruitt which I don’t particularly care for...

Reactions: DWright39
And you know this how...have you spoke to Jeremy to find out who this person is...No, I didn't think so, You are just like the rest of us...full of opinions with no useful facts to back up your opinion.
that's the biggest problem with this search is that it's gone on so long, we're free to make up whatever we want as to who the candidates are, why none of them were hired, and what the next steps should be etc, etc, etc....

no one knows a thing.

i think that's obvious at this point. CJP and fulmer are keeping it tight. either because they want/need to, or they don't know who it's gonna be either.

lol.

I decided to research Will Friend. I guess his stats aren't that bad. I have pretty much accepted the fact that he will be the OC. I am hoping for a homerun but I am expecting a swinging bunt.
However he didn’t actually call any plays at CSU, Bono did so on game days.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Is our commit list for ESD falling apart?
not necessarily. the only "hit" we've taken was with Owen Pappoe reaffirming his committment to Auburn.

we're actually expecting some big names in town this weekend....Crouch, Darnell Wright among others......

so we'll see. getting some of the guys to come visit this weekend is big considering the dead period starts i think Sunday afternoon, iirc?

and Wed is ESD.

we won't really know til then, but from what i've read, we should see around 15ish sign early.

I don’t like the ideas of kids being duped into a college situation they didn’t initially sign up for and additionally because it would help expedite the process of getting rid of Pruitt which I don’t particularly care for...
They get "duped" in varying ways in every cycle at every school.
"Come here and you can start as a FR."
"Come here and you can play QB"
"Come here and I guarantee you will get drafted"

Rarely do they get everything they are sold. Some take it and move on others get up and leave. Nature of sales.

not necessarily. the only "hit" we've taken was with Owen Pappoe reaffirming his committment to Auburn.

we're actually expecting some big names in town this weekend....Crouch, Darnell Wright among others......

so we'll see. getting some of the guys to come visit this weekend is big considering the dead period starts i think Sunday afternoon, iirc?

and Wed is ESD.

we won't really know til then, but from what i've read, we should see around 15ish sign early.

I don't get the impression that the lack of a publically named OC has hurt it at all. Heck we get a commit from a top shelf QB for 2020 and he could have easily just held off for a couple weeks to see who we hired.

Odd desired wish...for a fan.
I love Tennessee, doesn't mean I have to love every coach, player or even blindly agree or stand behind every happening as related to Football.... posted this earlier but here you go to:

"I don’t like the ideas of kids being duped into a college situation they didn’t initially sign up for and additionally because it would help expedite the process of getting rid of Pruitt which I don’t particularly care for..."

this hire has been more about "fit" than it has been about "offensive style/philosophy" since the beginning. that's why it's taking so long.

we're not getting rid of anyone on the current staff. so that can hamper things a bit if you're not 100% sold on a guy that wants to bring in peopel of his own.

i don't like how long this is taking and i understand the perception that exists. but i'd rather them hire the right guy for what they want to do as a staff, than rush and make a bad hire and create a bad fit. that would do more harm than taking some more time and making as close to the right decision as you can.

Weird reading this and realize you're talking about a big time college football program.

I don't get the impression that the lack of a publically named OC has hurt it at all. Heck we get a commit from a top shelf QB for 2020 and he could have easily just held off for a couple weeks to see who we hired.
yeah, the recruiting angle is an easy target, but the majority of this class was put together already.
couple things to consider about it for this year.....a) while helton had relationships with many of hte prospects, it's not like he was the primary recruiter for many of them (something i think Pruitt wants to rectify with his next OC...wants an ace recruiter i think) b)i think it's beyond obvious now that for good or bad, this program is going to be run the way pruitt wants it run, so i would imagine he can, and probalby does, communicate with prospects on that level...whatever OC he hires is going to run the type of offense he wants to run. he's not going to hire just anybody for superficial reasons....at least, that's how i'd sell it............ lol
c) aside from maybe a few specific prospects, likely skill position players on offense, i think the staff has done a pretty good job of communicating and setting expectations, so much so that the relationship and trust is already there, and can probably withstand a coordinator search.

now, are there uncommitted prospects that don't have that trust/relationship that want to see? maybe. but if what they're waiting on is to see who he hires, then i'd say we probalby weren't going to get that kid anyway....

Weird reading this and realize you're talking about a big time college football program.
we're tennessee. this is what we do...it's coach search season. we're #1 at that. lol.

i am surprised it's taken this long.

Reactions: Behr
i don't agree with you. but i totally understand why you or anyone would feel that way. some would say you SHOULD feel that way given our track record.

we've been in a perpetual cycle of suck for over a decade, there's literally no reason why we should be optimistic about anything related to football. we've seen some of our recruiting momentum come to a halt, we ended the season on two giant thuds, we're int he middle of htis circus OC search.......

to describe our situation as anything but a breeding ground for doubt would just be a lie.

i think they just haven't found the guy that checks all the boxes for Pruitt, and aren't going to hire someone until they do. they're not going to knee jerk, and they're not going to hire someone just because of a name.

the reason there's nothing being leaked or reported is because there's nothing to be leaked or reported.

if there is any good news, it at least appears they've tightened things up over there as far as leaking info.

past that, it just is what it is. i doubut they wanted it to take this long, but they weren't going to let hte timeline dictate.

so either this hasn't gone like they wanted, or they simply haven't found the right fit yet and aren't settling.

lastly.....at least we haven't made a BAD hire. yet.
Solid disagreement and thats cool.

When did our recruting momentum come to a hail, because ill ive heard this season we that Pruitt is great we just have no talent?

this entire board is full of opinions with no useful facts. that's the whole point of a sports team message board

we're fans of a program that gives us no solid information besides that we have an opening and a replacement will be announced some point between now and the second coming. people aren't going to sit there all willy nilly and say "oh golly gee i wonder who they'll hire?" they're going to make up conjecture because it's what they do. this entire board owes its existence to this fact.

VN Store

Back