Pruitt Post Kentucky ASSwhipping

“Practice habits”. We’ve seen this show before. Hopefully Fulmer saved his poster board charts that were going to save the day back in 2008 for Jeremy to use. I guess practice habits are a step up from shower habits?

Reactions: 08Vol
People get defensive, because they assume you're talking about the drawl. I get sensitive about that, too, because I've lived a lot of places outside The South and I've heard all the jokes. But with Pruitt, it's not the drawl. He just does not sound intelligent. I hoped that maybe he could be a good football coach, despite not being a great public speaker. Maybe he still can, but it gets old fast when we're getting our butts kicked up and down the field by Kentucky.

Totally agree. Was raised on the TN/AL border not too far from Pruitt's hometown. Come from a line of salty talking southern folks. Went out West for grad school & took plenty of crap for my southern drawl. Academic elitism is annoying, and the double-negative judgement goes overboard. However, on this stage, representing a university, making that kind of money, you've got to be willing to develop the communications part of your game. His particular southern vernacular would also go over a lot better with some folksy charm and/or charisma. Pruitt just ain't charming or charismatic, particularly after putting a historic loss to KY on his coaching record in Year 3. Lose like this, microscopes come out. Part of the deal.

You Have a minority opinion. Most here believe we still have a good defense and we do. Wr lose the time of possession and the defense gets tired the last two games. We lost TOP jn the first game by over 10 minutes. Do you understand how that works?

thanks for the lecture. I very well understand how it works. Do you not believe that both GA and KY have physically manhandled us? Second half of both games, from the first series of the half, they imposed their will on us. Do you understand how that works?

I doubt he has the guts to show his face for a few weeks.

He won’t say anything publicly, but I can promise you that Fulmer is not happy. He wore that orange shirt and you can tell that he is damned proud of it. And, more than any of us, losing to Kentucky is even more unacceptable to former players like him.

But, he just gave this coach an extension and this is the “CV19” season, so he isn’t going to do anything about it anytime soon. However, I am certain that today was a “WTF” day for him, too, and he took notice of the horrendous product that Pruitt put on the field.

He won’t say anything publicly, but I can promise you that Fulmer is not happy. He wore that orange shirt and you can tell that he is damned proud of it. And, more than any of us, losing to Kentucky is even more unacceptable to former players like him.

But, he just gave this coach an extension and this is the “CV19” season, so he isn’t going to do anything about it anytime soon. However, I am certain that today was a “WTF” day for him, too, and he took notice of the horrendous product that Pruitt put on the field.

Ehh. We will see what comes of this game today but I am not remotely optimistic.

I expect spinning their wheels this season and next then having the same conversations this program has had for over a decade now.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
thanks for the lecture. I very well understand how it works. Do you not believe that both GA and KY have physically manhandled us? Second half of both games, from the first series of the half, they imposed their will on us. Do you understand how that works?
We were mentally defeated because of the turnovers. We still have a solid defense. The Qb situation is responsible. In the last 6 Qtrs JG is responsible for 31 direct points off turnovers.

People don’t seem to understand how much $4 million a year is because most of us receive weekly pay checks. Pruitt is making $73,000 a week. Next year when his raise kicks in he will be making $80,000 per week. This man is making more per week than most of us do per year, and these are the results he’s producing.

Hadn't thought of it from that perspective. Totally messed up. Know we all want/wanted to believe, but I've got little faith in Pruitt becoming an elite SEC head coach. I do, however, believe expectations at TN should remain high. We're working on our 2nd generation of VOL fans who do not know what it feels like to be consistently good. Those of us old enough to remember need to keep pushing, lest we all die out & there is a real letting go of the program.

Ehh. We will see what comes of this game today but I am not remotely optimistic.

I expect spinning their wheels this season and next then having the same conversations this program has had for over a decade now.

Whatever is said, will not be said in public. I can’t see Fulmer operating that way, and I appreciate him for it.

Even if we finish 2-8, I highly doubt there will be any change this year. The earliest I could see one is the end of next season.

He talks to the press and us like we don’t know how the sport works.

No, we aren’t the X and O’s kind of guy that he is, but our fan base, more than anyone else, knows what poor development and bad play looks like. He has no right to treat us like a bunch of idiots.

I don’t have to be able to play the piano to know if you know how to play the piano or not.

We were mentally defeated because of the turnovers. We still have a solid defense. The Qb situation is responsible. In the last 6 Qtrs JG is responsible for 31 direct points off turnovers.
perhaps we aren’t mentally tough enough to face the challenges of the SEC. tough and well coachedv teams don’t quit when things don’t go the way we want them to.

True. I think the new strategy from defenses that aren't capable of generating the pressure UGA did is to just sit back to avoid giving up big plays and wait for JG to force a throw. The offense has been able to survive with JG against most teams as long as they don't turn it over. If turnovers pop up, they can lose to anyone because there's not enough of a passing game to recover from those mistakes. At this point, if your senior QB is making bad mistakes and not able to recover from them, you might as well take your lumps with the talented freshman if he's able to balance out the bad plays with good plays.

The defense is fine, they were just on the field too much. I actually think the o-line is ok and will get better. The rest of this season will depend on QB play. Against a team like Kentucky, you can probably play conservative, lean on the run game, protect the ball, and end up winning a close one. Against a decent team like Florida, A&M, and Auburn...you need to have more consistency throwing the ball. I hope they turn the reigns over to Bailey and not ask him to do too much right now.
Not gloating but this was my argument all off season.

I'm not ready to say "Bailey" yet. I didn't see anything in his limited snaps today that says he brings something different or better. I am willing to say that they need to focus on Maurer and HB. JG just isn't what you need from a RS Sr and you get nothing by investing more time in him. Shrout has an arm but he made an absolutely awful decision today. He probably needs to be playing FCS or DII. At that level, he might have a chance to learn the game at a slower pace while playing and still get a post-collegiate chance.

perhaps we aren’t mentally tough enough to face the challenges of the SEC. tough and well coachedv teams don’t quit when things don’t go the way we want them to.
Did they ever have JG? When is the last time an SEC Qb gave another team As many direct points off turnovers as JG in 6 Qtrs? That total is 31 points as I stated before. Give me one time that has happened in the SEC or perhaps the NCAA. You have some research to do in this but I will wait.

I hope you are just parsing words.

JG IS the primary problem ON THE FIELD. Context... is everything.
Technically CJP is on the field , the sideline and he is the only one on the team that has the power to tell JG to not go on the field.

Technically CJP is on the field , the sideline and he is the only one on the team that has the power to tell JG to not go on the field.
So you are just parsing words... instead of dealing with the actual point of the post. Got it.

One could argue that Fulmer’s loyalty to “his” guys was part of his downfall.

Reactions: LoudOrange

VN Store

Back