Pruitt Post Kentucky ASSwhipping

I hate to say it, but my initial impressions of Pruitt when he was first hired have only been reinforced over time. I could chalk-up all the "Aight's?" in his early days to maybe just first-time head coach jitters. But he's just continued to do it, only now it's that dumb "Does that make sense?" line over and over again. I realize he's a football coach, but listening to him speak just does not instill confidence.

He needs held accountable but the bad thing is who are we going to replace him with. Can’t keep doing this. If he can get his head out of his ass and get a qb then he wouldn’t have as much pressure on him.

Reactions: lifeVol
Serious question: How much less practice has UT gotten than our competition? Say? UGA and UK?

I came into this season willing to give the season to him of we had poor performance due to Covid> I'm not willing to give that if UK and their staff have traversed this better than we have, all things being equal.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Serious question: How much less practice has UT gotten than our competition? Say? UGA and UK?

I came into this season willing to give the season to him of we had poor performance due to Covid> I'm not willing to give that if UK and their staff have traversed this better than we have, all things being equal.

Tennessee shouldn’t lose to Kentucky, at home, by 27 if they hadn’t practiced since the bowl game.

I hate to say it, but my initial impressions of Pruitt when he was first hired have only been reinforced over time. I could chalk-up all the "Aight's?" in his early days to maybe just first-time head coach jitters. But he's just continued to do it, only now it's that dumb "Does that make sense?" line over and over again. I realize he's a football coach, but listening to him speak just does not instill confidence.
I believe his previous success as defensive cord. Was due to coaching At powerhouse schools with real talent, ie. Bama, Ga., FSU. At least he didn’t screw them up. He is a rube from bama who is in over his head. Man I hope he proves me wrong. Fulmer hired him. That tells you all you need to know.

I didn't even listen to what he had to say, There is no excuse he could possibly come up with that could excuse losing to Kentucky...Oh and congrats to JG!, He has become the 1st starting QB at UT to lose to Kentucky TWICE in 50 years!...I am so sick of this...

I don’t think he’s as bad a coach as what this thread has let on, but I am tired of opening up every post game presser talking about how little practice we had during fall camp. Like we were the only affected team. But even worse than that, I don’t think I can stand to hear again how our guys need to learn how to practice the right way. We’re still saying crap like that after the 4th game of year 3?

He talks to the press and us like we don’t know how the sport works.

No, we aren’t the X and O’s kind of guy that he is, but our fan base, more than anyone else, knows what poor development and bad play looks like. He has no right to treat us like a bunch of idiots.
Exactly. I don’t have to be a chef to know that my food sucks.

If you are still working on building habits in year 3, you’ve failed completely.

My gosh, what a disaster this program is in. We have failed on four straight coaching hires.

That was a Butch type comment if he said that. Dude sees the future and a big loss next week. That's a bad feeling as a fan and I thought going into the year we had a chance. Reality has hit me now.

The offense has gotten worse this year. We should be better everywhere but WR. There is a reason JG wasn't picked in any preseason teams and a reason not many were high on us.

On defense we're struggling some but the biggest problem is offensive failure. 34 points makes the defense looks bad but they didn't give up 34.

And the man makes 4 million dollars a year to present this way. Highest paid state employee in TN, and this is what we get for public engagement and communication skills. Tried to rationalize the concern, but it never did bode well.

Reactions: Hacksaw
And the man makes 4 million dollars a year to present this way. Highest paid state employee in TN, and this is what we get for public engagement and communication skills. Tried to rationalize the concern, but it never did bode well.

People get defensive, because they assume you're talking about the drawl. I get sensitive about that, too, because I've lived a lot of places outside The South and I've heard all the jokes. But with Pruitt, it's not the drawl. He just does not sound intelligent. I hoped that maybe he could be a good football coach, despite not being a great public speaker. Maybe he still can, but it gets old fast when we're getting our butts kicked up and down the field by Kentucky.

If you are still working on building habits in year 3, you’ve failed completely.

My gosh, what a disaster this program is in. We have failed on four straight coaching hires.
Yes...😞

Why does the other team always make 2nd half adjustments but we come out flat and don’t make adjustments? Do we just talk about our feeling in the locker room or what?

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back