Pruitt optimistic that Solomon and Gibbs will be eligible 2019

He was a winner and at UF his recruiting did decline some
He still recruited the same level stars. They were just bad fits...ala Fulmer in his later seasons. The Brantley at QB was just a star grab. He did recruit odd QB fits at OSU but he rode his prototypes that were ever present on the roster.

I don't understand your issue here. If someone wants to transfer and they have a good reason to they can and don't have to sit out a season. If not, they can't play 12 games. Big deal.

I really don’t have an issue. It was honestly my opinion on the topic. Something not to be taken so seriously Behr.

He still recruited the same level stars. They were just bad fits...ala Fulmer in his later seasons. The Brantley at QB was just a star grab. He did recruit odd QB fits at OSU but he rode his prototypes that were ever present on the roster.

If the off the field mess never happens Florida would be Alabama now.

You think 'cruitin shenanigans go on now,wait till no 1 year sitting out. Players get mad they dont get their way and it will be phone calls from every coach in the NCAA. It would be a mad house.
I say keep it how it is.
Well the ncaa isn’t the least bit consistent about who does and who doesn’t get to transfer without sitting. That’s a major issue to me, either allow transfers willnilly, or make everyone sit out a year. No more sick mom excuses, etc.

Well the ncaa isn’t the least bit consistent about who does and who doesn’t get to transfer without sitting. That’s a major issue to me, either allow transfers willnilly, or make everyone sit out a year. No more sick mom excuses, etc.

It’s case by case by case and it probably always will be.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If the off the field mess never happens Florida would be Alabama now.

Well knowingly recruiting gang bangers and thugs will eventually lead to off the field problems. Give Saban credit for keeping most of that low key. Yeah he's had his drug dealers and stolen gun issues but nothing like Meyer had.

Reactions: gisman
If a players scholarship has to be renewed every year a player should have the time and opportunity to transfer without penalty before the scholarship is renewed. If the scholarship is for 4 years the school should be locked into paying tuition, room and board for that student for the 4 years and the student should have to sit out a year if they transfer.

Why wouldn't they be eligible? Don't they have a tutor up there who knows the location of the string on the Speak n' Spell? Absolutely pathetic.

If a players scholarship has to be renewed every year a player should have the time and opportunity to transfer without penalty before the scholarship is renewed. If the scholarship is for 4 years the school should be locked into paying tuition, room and board for that student for the 4 years and the student should have to sit out a year if they transfer.

That's the only point a lawyer needs to make for a class action suit to make transfers possible.

It is exactly a contract, between 2 parties, and is year to year, and if one party can decide to nullify or not renew the contract, the other party should have that right too.

As long as the year end date is lived up to, from that point on either party has the right to not renew and resign.

If I’m a lawyer representing a football transfer I’d consider making the NCAA explain why a student athlete in the minor sports doesn’t have to sit out a season if they transfer but they do with the major sports. Seems like that discredits any NCAA argument concerning the well being of the student athlete’s education. Wrestler can change schools without penalty but a football player has to sit a season - don’t think that will hold up in court?

Solomon may very well be the missing piece on the DL. He looks like bad news going across the line for opposing players. If he has to be dbl teamed, all of a sudden everyone else looks a whole lot better. New environment, proven coach and schemes, closer to home with his family at games, playing with guys and talent he played against in HS. I think it's going to a really good fit for him.

I just wonder why he didn't get much done at Michigan. Hopefully a change of scenery is what he needs.

Kids will come and go that’s life in athletics
Chances are if they split it’s because they didn’t want to compete or couldn’t cut it.
The more things change the more they stay the same
If we could be provided with a list of kids who wanted to transfer (but didn’t due to the rule) and later went on to accomplish great things it would likely surprise us.

Reactions: Behr
Well knowingly recruiting gang bangers and thugs will eventually lead to off the field problems. Give Saban credit for keeping most of that low key. Yeah he's had his drug dealers and stolen gun issues but nothing like Meyer had.
It's easier when every newspaper and reporter does everything in their power to kill story. If Saban had Knoxville media it may be a different story.
Saban has the whole state locked down but that's just my opinion..

Why should kids be punished if they don’t fit unhappy or recruited over?
Life is hard. Sometimes you have to work hard for what you want. Kids seem to entitled these days. They've been told they are the best all through high school and before, and some can't handle competing with equal or better tallent.

I'm on the side that thinks all players that want to transfer should sit a year. That will eliminate all the shannagans rhat goes on when these kids go to transfer.

VN Store

Back