Pruitt optimistic that Solomon and Gibbs will be eligible 2019

Tate transferred because he was not going to be the starter. So if he gets a waiver everyone should. If not we need to raise all kinds of hell.

Agree. I would guess 80% of transfers are because of PT....homesickness, not a fit for coach/system and family/personal issues make up the majority of the rest...

I’m old school in most things, but its time they let all transfers be immediately eligible, jmo...I don’t see the benefit for the kid...or school..

well you would think that could signal smoother sailing...I mean, I don't remember hearing anything about Martell having any difficulty with the transfer portal...guess I'll hide and watch...:D:D

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well let everyone be immediately eligible...don’t see the benefit of a kid sitting a year anyway...

As the writer mentions, coaches making millions of dollars move without penalty. The student athletes should be able to as well IMO. If athletes are restricted by the governing body with a penalty do the same for coaching staffs, if not don't. The other issue is far too many kids are very good players and are being recruited as much to keep them away from competitors in some cases knowing they'll never probably crack the starting line up at some schools. If the NCAA really wants competition, let these kids move without penalty and the talent ends up being spread more evenly. The dirty truth is no matter how coaches and institutions portray their program, no kid gets better watching everybody else play. If the youngster can get better and be a starter elsewhere and that's what he wants, let him go.

I think part of the process is that the school that the player is coming from has NO objection to immediate eligibility. So guess Ohio State gave blessings. You can count on Michigan not giving their blessing to Tenn .. so expect the Soloman and Gibbs to not be granted waiver ...

Long Odds, but fingers crossed

images
😂😂😂😂

Might as well let everyone be immediately eligible...don’t see the benefit of a kid sitting a year anyway...

The NCAA argument is education. Transfer grades have shown to decrease quite a bit. More beneficial to sit 1st year of transferring to get situated and classes under one's belt. That is their reasoning.

I think part of the process is that the school that the player is coming from has NO objection to immediate eligibility. So guess Ohio State gave blessings. You can count on Michigan not giving their blessing to Tenn .. so expect the Soloman and Gibbs to not be granted waiver ...

I'm not familiar with the rules but if that's true it seems like a conflict of interest. From what I can tell the process is pretty arbitrary. I really hope Solomon gets his, as we need him more, but who knows...

What part? Do you debate the educational concerns or believe the NCAA should have different priorities for the student-athlete?

Not answering for BOT, but the argument can be made that the institution is not suitable for those wishing to transfer.
That's WHY they are transferring.
A regular student can do the same without penalty. They can go right to another college the very next year and take classes if they are admitted.

So, since Solomon and Gibbs are already enrolled....

As the writer mentions, coaches making millions of dollars move without penalty. The student athletes should be able to as well IMO. If athletes are restricted by the governing body with a penalty do the same for coaching staffs, if not don't. The other issue is far too many kids are very good players and are being recruited as much to keep them away from competitors in some cases knowing they'll never probably crack the starting line up at some schools. If the NCAA really wants competition, let these kids move without penalty and the talent ends up being spread more evenly. The dirty truth is no matter how coaches and institutions portray their program, no kid gets better watching everybody else play. If the youngster can get better and be a starter elsewhere and that's what he wants, let him go.
A couple of points you made, I have trouble with..." coaches making millions of dollars move without penalty", actually coaches are under contracts that have specific buyouts. Your point about players..." many kids are very good players and are being recruited as much to keep them away from competitors", This sounds possible, however, players make the decision to play for a school for various reasons, namely coaches, tradition, the record of the school. They know the competition and make choices for some of these reasons. For Coaches as well as Players, both sign a contract stating certain specific goals they will attempt to achieve. Is the NCAA perfect, no way, they are working with many problems and all seem to be different. As you said, this is just my opinion.

Reactions: LouderVol
Be careful what you wish for. Double edged sword. This will result in a revolving door. It will change recruiting.

Kids will come and go that’s life in athletics
Chances are if they split it’s because they didn’t want to compete or couldn’t cut it.
The more things change the more they stay the same

VN Store

Back