Pruitt just said offensive coordinators are overrated

Pruitt’s reputation as a great DC was established when he was at Alabama mostly. At FSU he was considered good but not great and he was average at GA. Hell, Debord/Jones would have hung 50 on him in 2015 if not for Hurd’s fumble on the 1 and another turnover.

He also basically said that hiring an offensive coordinator isn't a priority. What do you guys make of that?

I think you need to look at the context of what he said and his tone. It was signing day, focus should be on the kids, wasn’t the time or the place for an OC question. To paraphrase what he said “it’s about the Jimmys and Joes than the X’s and O’s.”

Reactions: Sara Clark
Well that is just brilliant. He's a great motivator. "One of the greatest Offensive minds couldn't move the ball with these bums but hey I am bringing in 25 kids this year to play along with my current scrubs and once I cycle out all these turds we can talk about an OC" "By the by, please fill up Neyland for the spring game and pack it up when we play at home even though it aint really gonna matter for now."

And the award for best dramatic performance on a message board goes to.......

Sorry if you already answered.

Why?

Seems to continually fail upward. Didn’t perform well at Washington but still got the USC job then failed there. Handed great talent at Bama and Atlanta and underperformed there, too.

Does less with more. I don’t want to see what he does with less.

Reactions: Behr
Seems to continually fail upward. Didn’t perform well at Washington but still got the USC job then failed there. Handed great talent at Bama and Atlanta and underperformed there, too.

Does less with more. I don’t want to see what he does with less.

Lulz.

I still don't believe its Friend, but had you rather have him than Sarkisian?

He's not Nick Saban, and our football program is not on the same level as Alabama.

Stay on topic Opey, this is about the coaches not the players, my point, Nick Saban has gone through a lot of coordinators and you would think there would be some kind of downward trend...........nope, A HC knows everything and fans place too much emphasis on the coordinator, case in point......whats his name that went to Florida and basically sucked with great players, missing ingredient? Nick Saban. I am not saying CJP is Saban, but no one on this blog knows anymore than I do.......I will watch and see and not do any assuming.

Lulz.

I still don't believe its Friend, but had you rather have him than Sarkisian?

giphy.gif

Improved the previous defensive ranking at EVERY stop as a DC and won a NC at his first stab.

Cmon dude. FSU won the NC cause they got the ball last. I saw the game. If Auburn had 2 minutes left, they’d won.

Still, you can’t deny Butch owned his ass when he was at Ga.

Cmon dude. FSU won the NC cause they got the ball last. I saw the game. If Auburn had 2 minutes left, they’d won.

Yeah I can...cuz he didn’t. As far as FSU? One season with? One NC. Jimbo before and after?

ok, so we get it your a never Pruitter. Gonna be a long couple of years for ya. But yeah your right he sucked as a DC and none of the experts know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to his accolades. Just Disregard the stats and all that other stuff. Its meaningless. Who knew we had the definitive expert right here all along.

ok, so we get it your a never Pruitter. Gonna be a long couple of years for ya. But yeah your right he sucked as a DC and none of the experts know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to his accolades. Just Disregard the stats and all that other stuff. Its meaningless. Who knew we had the definitive expert right here all along.

Oh cause someone quotes actual history, you resort to name calling? I said his reputation was built at Alabama. Hell so was Kirby Smart? Why can’t you admit we have a very inexperienced coach running the program.

Yeah I can...cuz he didn’t. As far as FSU? One season with? One NC. Jimbo before and after?

FSU won cause of Jamis Winston. Butch will likely win a NC this yr also. You gonna coach worship him?

Pruitt was at Ga two yrs and Tenn had not problem moving the ball and scoring on his defense. Fumbling handoffs in the end zone cost them the 2014 game and they won scoring at will in 2nd half in 2015

Just ask yourself if leach came in as OC, would he make the offense very good compared to what was on the field this year. The answer should be well no ****

FSU won cause of Jamis Winston. Butch will likely win a NC this yr also. You gonna coach worship him?

Pruitt was at Ga two yrs and Tenn had not problem moving the ball and scoring on his defense. Fumbling handoffs in the end zone cost them the 2014 game and they won scoring at will in 2nd half in 2015
I was here dude! Your version is revisionist to suit your narrative. Took a miracle for our ONE win against any of his defenses. All the numbers and defensive rankings don’t agree with you...focus your arguments on them. He was a damn good DC. That won’t guarantee him the same success at the top spot, but it’s goofy to deny the numbers.

Had to tear himself away from the signing day celebrations. They finish 3 spots behind us...
giphy.gif

I'd be curious to know if without google he could tell us who the gators OC is. Lulz.

Its funny too, his buddy 99 pretty much said OC's aren't that important, but they over on gatorswampass.com talking about how dumb we are.

Reactions: butchna
We didn't have the horses to even compete with Vandy? Are you serious? We had the horses to beat Auburn on the road and Kentucky at home, but Mizzou and Vandy had just far superior players and athletes than we did? It's the coach's job to get the players both mentally and physically ready to win football games. The last 2 weeks that did not happen, didn't even come close. Get a grip on reality dude.

My grip on reality is realistic.
As for A-burn they just didn't want to play..... Ky has the same "hangup" against us as we have with Fla.
Granted we have some horses, but not nearly enough.
Mizzou was just too much where we were weakest, our lines.
As I stated about horses and water, it is obvious you have never been exposed to this situation. You can have every cooperation from your horses, you know and they know they need water. But, for some reason they just won't drink......

I dont care how smart you are, how you can scheme on the chalkboard, or how you can use the coach-speak, etc, if a coach cant motivate his players to play for him, he isnt worth a damn. That goes back long before Jeremy Pruitt was born. With 2018 as an example, he clearly has a problem motivating players. Shoop did with the same group also. Maybe the players werent very motivated (which i believe has been part of the issue) but JP clearly has to improve or get more motivated individuals in his program QUICK! Maybe he needs to rewatch ole Bear films of "playin for ya mommas and daddies" talks.

Could it be these players recruited some years back had this flaw before college, and it was not noticed or was ignored? Some kids just are not "motivational". They just think they can do as they please or have done all their lives. Seems many guys we have had over the last coaching cycle have or had this problem.
We can take heart through, they will all be gone this year or next....
Then we can see if it was a past or a "now" problem.

VN Store

Back