Pruitt is doing something truly special at UT

I'm looking forward to the day that we have to fend off Alabama for him!
I am loving the fact that we have won 6 in a row and it feels like the Bama dynasty is maybe nearing it's end. Also, it feels like Mark Richt all over again here in Ga.

I don't think this will be an issue, because, I think CJP wants to build his own legacy, not maintain someone else's. He has a chance to build something that even CPF could not sustain.

Go Vols!

Reactions: tennvols77
Lol, who cares besides you and Boca? You both seem butthurt if not just pure mad. " Boy Butch lovers"..."Butch Slurpers"? Good grief get over it already, no one owes you an explanation about when they began believing and hoping a coach would succeed, and when they stopped. Wow.

This is comical.
I remember comments like theirs back on the field during recess in the 8th grade. LOL

Reactions: butchna and Behr
I loved Botch until I found out what a low-life, floor-flushing, yellow-bellied, used car selling, POS he is. I suspect the players knew that well before the fans did.
Or...some knew from day 1 the job was too big tor him. People couldn't eat "brick by brick" enough. LOL

Reactions: I40flyer
Lol, who cares besides you and Boca? You both seem butthurt if not just pure mad. " Boy Butch lovers"..."Butch Slurpers"? Good grief get over it already, no one owes you an explanation about when they began believing and hoping a coach would succeed, and when they stopped. Wow.

This is comical.

Funny how you and your cronies get a pass on everything. You don't find hypocracy funny! That's fine, I do! You can get over it, as well.

You and your fan-base are quick to point out when others have been wrong. Funny how it doesn't flow both ways. You just say, "LOL what does it matter?"

There were people who weren't fans of Jeremy Pruitt because he got off the plane 1st before his wife. Now, after a 6-game win streak in year 2 they're on board.

This is comical.
One thing that is Comical, some people are so arrogant, they feel their explanation is the final word!!! No one cares when you started loving boy butch, and we don't care if you still love the guy, but when commenting about coaching/coaches/coaching changes etc. maybe your opinion should be tempered with, "of course I loved boy butch", just so others can determine how much stock they want to put in your opinion.

One thing that is Comical, some people are so arrogant, they feel their explanation is the final word!!! No one cares when you started loving boy butch, and we don't care if you still love the guy, but when commenting about coaching/coaches/coaching changes etc. maybe your opinion should be tempered with, "of course I loved boy butch", just so others can determine how much stock they want to put in your opinion.
Quit trying to make “boy butch” a thing, Gretchen. No matter how many times you repeat it’s not catching on. 😴

I'm probably just pointing out the elephant in the room but after many years (I'm 53) it looks like things are finally going our way. We start with a 6 game winning streak, we make a good bowl, we win that bowl, Smith coming back, the WR transfer and now Mays coming to Tennessee. Whatever Fulmer and Pruitt are doing....do not stop! On top of that it looks like both the Alabama and New England dynasty is at the beginning of the end! Go vols!

CJP may very well be The Coach we've been looking for; however, I'll withhold my judgement until next season, season 3. My judgement will be based on SEC play (as we are still an SEC team). I don't get weak at the knees over a powder-puff win. Next season, season three, we need to start winning against SEC teams, such as UGA, FL, BAMA, LSU. To finish 5th or 6th in our own conference Is Not "doing great".
we beat 5 SEC teams this year, the most we have beaten in 4 seasons...no one is getting "weak at the knees" but only an idiot wouldnt recognize the progress we have made as a program from 2017 to now

Reactions: VOLED
we beat 5 SEC teams this year, the most we have beaten in 4 seasons...no one is getting "weak at the knees" but only an idiot wouldnt recognize the progress we have made as a program from 2017 to now
There isn't any doubt that we've improved over 2017, I agree with your sentiment that only an idiot would not recognize the progress we've made in the last couple of seasons. I'm sure you'll agree that only a idiot of the highest order, would not recognize that we have a long way to go, IF we are going to be a powerhouse in the SEC. We will need to post wins when we play teams such as: LSU, FL, BAMA and UGA, if not we will be stuck going to low level bowl games, not ranked in the top 25 as a team, and will be left out of the top 10 when it comes to recruiting. The 2020 season should be the season CJP shines. I for one believe we are on a roll, one that is unstoppable. Once we've destroyed OU, in Norman, OK, we should rip through the rest of the season. Remember, we have at least 5 powder-puff games next season, these will be tune up games for our SEC play!

Its not so much the winning streak as it is the foundation he is laying.

-Great defense
-Identify, recruit, and develop players
-Bring in top notch coaches
-Mending broken relationships (former players, Cade Mays, high school coaches, etc.)
-Competent administration
-And the winning streak dont hurt none either

And for me, the toughness and "never say die" attitude. Coming back to score 14 points in less than 5 minutes? The ONLY way you do that is if your team truly believes in you and themselves.

That will keep you in ANY game.

Reactions: tennvols77
I’m definitely excited about the direction of the program but not going to crown him (or fulmer) just yet. We still have yet to beat uga, uf, or bama under Pruitt. The first year was bad and his second year started off really bad. Due in large part to not having a good qb on the roster. But that still falls on Pruitt. He could’ve played the kid from stanford last year and he could’ve had Maurer and stout ready to play this year. Pruitts greatest weakness thus far had been Jg. Imagine if he’d have inherited a quality qb how different the narrative might be. He’s had to win in spite of the qb which is really difficult to do. It’s why even in the wins we’ve had to gut out some close games. Uk and Indiana shouldn’t be close based off our rosters and defense. But they were due to poor qb play. Here’s to hoping Pruitt has learned and allows someone else to win the job next year.

Last edited:
I’m definitely excited about the direction of the program but not going to crown him (or fulmer) just yet. We still have yet to beat uga, uf, or bama under Pruitt. The first year was bad and his second year started off really bad. Due in large part to not having a good qb on the roster. But that still falls on Pruitt. He could’ve played the kid from stanford last year and he could’ve had Maurer and stout ready to play this year. Pruitts greatest weakness thus far had been Jg. Imagine if he’d have inherited a quality qb how different the narrative might be. He’s had to win in spite of the qb which is really difficult to do. It’s why even in the wind we’ve had to gut out some close games. Uk and Indiana shouldn’t be close based off our rosters and defense. But they were due to poor qb play. Here’s to hoping Pruitt has learned and allows someone else to win the job next year.
Good post. The worst thing about Dobbs was he kept boy butch from being fired! If we had a QB as sound as Dobbs this season... we'd be in a far better place. If CJP fields a competent-QB, not even Great, but competent and consistent and willing to be coached and improving, we'll be set. A great QB would even be better, but you never know until game day...

Reactions: Beagle Bill
We now have the best offensive line in the SEC
Trump should hire Pruitt to build his wall.

I was wondering how the Fire Pruitt crowd was going walk it back so they could get on the bandwagon. The narrative is now clear. “We thought it was Pruitt’s fault but is was all because of poor quarterback play.”

Let’s not get too crazy here. I remember butch recruited well and we still could not beat Georgia,Florida, or Alabama consistently. Let’s get a couple of those knocked out before we call Pruitt our savior

Like many, I was skeptical of the Pruitt hire after another embarrassing coaching search.

However, you have to give Fulmer his due in all of this as I believe he has found the right coach for the right time.

I believe Pruitt has stabilized the program by doing things the right way. Tough, hard-nosed football, and a strong defense.

His ability to recruit amd develop players, find transfers at critical positions of need, and bring in quality coaches has me believing we have finally turned the corner.

Here's to the Volunteers, and a great decade ahead.

Truly special? The Vols just won a squeaker against Indiana. Good for you but maybe it's premature for "truly special."

Reactions: whodeycin85

VN Store

Back