Pruitt is doing something truly special at UT

Re-writing history is fun, isn't it?

The Butch slurpers were a vocal majority on here until around Oct. 2017.
True post if there ever was one!! The sad thing about the boy butch lovers, is they don't freely admit it, some will say stupid stuff, such as "I was on the butch train at first, but.....". That of course is BS, as they were on the boy butch train from day one, up until the day he left.

CJP may very well be The Coach we've been looking for; however, I'll withhold my judgement until next season, season 3. My judgement will be based on SEC play (as we are still an SEC team). I don't get weak at the knees over a powder-puff win. Next season, season three, we need to start winning against SEC teams, such as UGA, FL, BAMA, LSU. To finish 5th or 6th in our own conference Is Not "doing great".

Saw the same thing with Butch. Will withhold judgement until we have a solid offense and look like we belong on the field with teams that are good.

Reactions: I40flyer
True post if there ever was one!! The sad thing about the boy butch lovers, is they don't freely admit it, some will say stupid stuff, such as "I was on the butch train at first, but.....". That of course is BS, as they were on the boy butch train from day one, up until the day he left.
I fired him the day of the UGA game and was prepared the week before. DGAF if you believe me cuz who are you when you’re not sticking pins in a voodoo doll of Jeremy Banks?

Reactions: Behr
I fired him the day of the UGA game and was prepared the week before. DGAF if you believe me cuz who are you when you’re not sticking pins in a voodoo doll of Jeremy Banks?
I checked out well before that game on Butch, but that game was my breaking point as well.

Reactions: butchna
One reason I'm optimistic is that Phil has shown with Chaney (and Barnes) is that he isn't going to be outspent.

For a long time we've tried to go cheap and have made stupid decisions. Dumb HCs have hired/promoted their friends, bean counting ADs have worried more about shoe contracts than what is on the field, etc. I'm talking about all the way back to the latter days of Doug Dickey.

Those days (I hope) are over. I believe we have a coach that will demand excellence from his assistants AND we have an AD that will back him up with the $$.

I'm far from a sunshine pumper and I wasn't super excited with the JP hire but I'm getting the feeling the the combination of JP and PF might be something special.

In my mind, I rationalize our first two embarrassing losses to the fact that CJP and much of his staff were coaching together for the first time. I think the talent was on the field to win but, the sidelines were certainly not a well oiled machine or, even close to that.

Onwards and upwards !!

Reactions: Ratvol and JT3
CJP may very well be The Coach we've been looking for; however, I'll withhold my judgement until next season, season 3. My judgement will be based on SEC play (as we are still an SEC team). I don't get weak at the knees over a powder-puff win. Next season, season three, we need to start winning against SEC teams, such as UGA, FL, BAMA, LSU. To finish 5th or 6th in our own conference Is Not "doing great".

I mean this, this, and this. We beat no team of consequence of last year. Recruiting and transfer portal looking great. We will know everything we need to know about CJP and our future next year.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirits in the traditions of our ancestors. You have our gratitude
This fellow approves your message

Attachments

• George Patton 7th Army Commander.jpg
    George Patton 7th Army Commander.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: MAD
I thought most players loved Butch Jones?
Not as much respect as they liked the fact that he didn’t make them work hard to earn the playing time or scholarship. Easy to see that by the number that bailed once a coach that expected actual results from his players took over. No more PC feel good meetings and more “get out there and show me what you got” demands.

Heard on the Clay Travis show that Pruitt has been favored by Vegas 1 time against all other SEC teams in his tenure. Of the 15 games against other SEC teams, he has been favored to win once and that was against Vandy. He has won 7 of them, going 7 and 9 in the SEC.

I don't know if those numbers are correct but that's what I heard. The program he inherited was in the dumps and he has proven to beat the odds against him time and time again. I'm looking forward to what he can accomplish with a complete turn around in the next couple of years.

I think Pruitt is doing an amazing job, especially with the roster he took over with. However... Butch Jones IS a good coach
tenor.gif

I think Pruitt is doing an amazing job, especially with the roster he took over with. However... Butch Jones IS a good coach
I'd like to congratulate you as you seem to be the only one (or one of the very few) that freely admit to your unnatural love for boy butch. The first step in solving a problem is admitting it, you're on your way-brick by brick. Hang in there, you'll be a champion of life soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
It's still way too early to celebrate, but I was encouraged by this team not completely coming apart after how they started the season. Not just the Georgia St loss itself, but also how they played against BYU and Florida. They were such a weak, mentally soft, broken team at that point and I honestly believed something like a 2-win season might be in the cards. They seemed to have an allergy to winning at that point...only way I know to describe it. After the Florida game, I thought there was no way in hell they'd end up with 7 regular season wins.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the team started to improve on the field when that little gaggle of players including Ignont left the team in late September.

Having said all that, nobody should be under any illusions about who we beat this year. Winning 6 in a row and 7 of 8 is nice, and some of those games (Kentucky, Mizzou, Indiana) are games they would have found a way to lose earlier in the year and last year. However, that isn't exactly a murderer's row of teams. The offense still struggled a lot for significant portions and the defense, while it looked good, wasn't tested by a good offense at all in the second half of the season. We were still blown out by every good team we played this year, although the Alabama game was closer than the score indicates.

Having said all that, nobody should be under any illusions about who we beat this year. Winning 6 in a row and 7 of 8 is nice, and some of those games (Kentucky, Mizzou, Indiana) are games they would have found a way to lose earlier in the year and last year. However, that isn't exactly a murderer's row of teams. The offense still struggled a lot for significant portions and the defense, while it looked good, wasn't tested by a good offense at all in the second half of the season. We were still blown out by every good team we played this year, although the Alabama game was closer than the score indicates.

Like the old days when UT finished with cupcake, ole Miss, UK, and Vandy. Used to dominate November

Reactions: 05_never_again
Exactly. Feels good to win 6 straight but not exactly a murderers row we faced and barely hung on to beat UK and Indiana...but we did so that is a positive.

With average QB play. The Defense is going to be even better; and obviously so will the offense. It's fixing to be fun around here.

Reactions: Ratvol
Lol, who cares besides you and Boca? You both seem butthurt if not just pure mad. " Boy Butch lovers"..."Butch Slurpers"? Good grief get over it already, no one owes you an explanation about when they began believing and hoping a coach would succeed, and when they stopped. Wow.

This is comical.

VN Store

Back