Pruitt indirectly described the difference in QBs

Sara Clark

Pruitt indirectly described the difference in leadership between the two quarterbacks on Wednesday, telling reporters that the “great ones have an effect on the entire team”.
PRUITT: “ONE THING THAT YOU DO AS A QUARTERBACK, YOU KIND OF GET CAUGHT UP IN YOUR WORLD. THERE’S LOTS OF THINGS THAT GO ON THERE BECAUSE THE BALL GOES THROUGH YOUR HANDS. THE GUYS THAT REALLY HAVE SUCCESS ARE THE ONES THAT CAN STILL CONTROL THEIR WORLD THERE WHEN IT GOES ON WITH THE QUARTERBACK AND STILL HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE PEOPLE AND THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME. THE GREAT ONES CAN HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE ENTIRE TEAM.”​

We know he ain't talking about JG but there's no guarantee he's talking about Maurer either.

I hope BM proceeds to set the world on fire with is play but CJP might also be saying part of the problem is we don't have one of those 'great QB's' on deck at the moment.

This is what many of us have been referring too when others only want to look at stats
Our local stat guys don't care about the team winning, the team being fired up, or even trying. Lose them all as long as their guy and his stat numbers stay safe with 1-2 yard passes for no gain!

We know he ain't talking about JG but there's no guarantee he's talking about Maurer either.

I hope BM proceeds to set the world on fire with is play but CJP might also be saying part of the problem is we don't have one of those 'great QB's' on deck at the moment.
No. All indications are that he was happy with BM's leadership and play for the most part. It isn't and can't be a "final answer" after only one game... but there was a HUGE difference between what BM brought and what JG was bringing. Not the least of which was the confidence to make throws into tight coverage. BM trusted his teammates and particularly the WR's. They responded by playing harder, catching the ball, and getting open. We haven't seen that since JG became the starter.

Don’t let K Town King gear you say dat. Ohh yeah, never mind,” he gone” !! Lol
As if his cult worship wasn't bad enough... now he's added cowardice. I've been here a long time. I've had to say I was wrong several times. I wanted JG to be another one of those times. But two things I haven't done is run from my comments either by quitting the board or changing my screen name.

As if his cult worship wasn't bad enough... now he's added cowardice. I've been here a long time. I've had to say I was wrong several times. I wanted JG to be another one of those times. But two things I haven't done is run from my comments either by quitting the board or changing my screen name.
What's going on with K Town? I saw a couple other references of him.

Last edited:
No. All indications are that he was happy with BM's leadership and play for the most part. It isn't and can't be a "final answer" after only one game... but there was a HUGE difference between what BM brought and what JG was bringing. Not the least of which was the confidence to make throws into tight coverage. BM trusted his teammates and particularly the WR's. They responded by playing harder, catching the ball, and getting open. We haven't seen that since JG became the starter.
JG in the Georgia game would have led to 9 straight quarters with no TD's.

Pruitt indirectly described the difference in leadership between the two quarterbacks on Wednesday, telling reporters that the “great ones have an effect on the entire team”.
PRUITT: “ONE THING THAT YOU DO AS A QUARTERBACK, YOU KIND OF GET CAUGHT UP IN YOUR WORLD. THERE’S LOTS OF THINGS THAT GO ON THERE BECAUSE THE BALL GOES THROUGH YOUR HANDS. THE GUYS THAT REALLY HAVE SUCCESS ARE THE ONES THAT CAN STILL CONTROL THEIR WORLD THERE WHEN IT GOES ON WITH THE QUARTERBACK AND STILL HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE PEOPLE AND THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME. THE GREAT ONES CAN HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE ENTIRE TEAM.”​

So... Manning's coming back?

What's going on with K Town? I saw a couple other references of him.
He just can't accept that there may be better options at qb other than JG. Idk if Maurer will actually do anything, but even in a loss, it was a different team Saturday. He brought a fire, and the whole team responded.

He just can't accept that there may be better options at qb other than JG. Idk if Maurer will actually do anything, but even in a loss, it was a different team Saturday. He brought a fire, and the whole team responded.
You are correct, the team looked much more energized with him in the game. I read an article today, the players addressed this very topic.

Hope K is alright. Does anyone know him personally? Seem a little extreme not come around because your QB isn't playing.

Last edited:
You are correct, the team looked much more energized with him in the game. I read an article today, the players addressed this very topic.

Hope K is alright. Does anyone know him personally? Seem a little extreme to not come around because your QB isn't playing.
I don't, and sincerely hope he's okay. I'd rather him just be ignoring everyone, instead of something wrong. We've all been short fused for a while. Him defending JG, and some of us wanting change has just caused us all to be smart butts. Hopefully he'll be back soon. We're all Vols, regardless of who the qb is.

VN Store

Back