Pruitt got his!

OP...on Gay street...

t2CULA.gif

That can happen if you put too much cumin in your chili, boy!

We are still getting out recruited by Ga. and Fla. They also have great coaches. Gonna be a long 4 years unless our coaches outcoach the rest.

I think the point of the post was that we are not being out-recruited, if you count transfers and ones who were at one point 5 stars. Crouch was rated #1, if I remember correctly, before his injury.

The case might be made for Ga. I don't see it for Fla. at all.

I personally think it is amazing what has been done in the last 2 months, when you count our staff additions and holding on to our Strength and Conditioning guy.

(but this is the FF. So, carry on.)

The original OP tried to say coach Pruitt has done well with recruiting, especially with the few added variables added in, but a few posters just want to pour water on this positive thread.....

Not sure why......Maybe as a kid they were disappointed with their Christmas gifts, and became cynical....

Just be positive guys...

The ultimate is ten wins which would be quite a feat. The under is 6 wins below that would be quite a disappointment. So we'll see what happens in 7 months.

I’m so excited I can hardly contain myself! Think about this class with additions of Gibbs and Solomon! It’s almost like we got 6 five star talents!

Solomon, Wright, Morris, Gibbs, To’oto’o, Crouch

Boooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm! All these guys are studs!

I’m sure Pruitt might have missed a couple targets. I’m also convinced it wasn’t many. Watch out now! In 2 years we gonna be cracking heads! All I’m saying is coach got his guys after losing seasons. It’s on now!!! Errrggghhhhhhhhhh! Let’s fu^¥^!# goooooooooooo! WGWTFA!
I was impressed with the recruiting class. I wonder how you sell a school with a total of 9 wins in the past two years? Just imagine in 2 years when he finally has all the CBJ people gone and his own guys playing! Should be fun!

I really want to get excited about where we're going -- and, to be honest, I can't help but do so as a fan -- but my Battered Vol Syndrome compels me to also hold a significant amount of skepticism in the back of my mind. I guess I'll never be over it until we see some real results on the field. Haven't really seen it yet. The wins against Auburn and Kentucky (I hate that we are at the point where we consider a win over UK "big") were squandered by losses to South Carolina and then laying down like a fly-covered corpose to Vandy. We'll see how it goes. I am hopeful but not yet confident in anything. GO VOLS!

Reactions: Manning Up
...ass handed to him by Vandy?
We had zero invites to combine. Let that sink in. im Not sure what everyone was expecting. I do know the players we have were under developed in more ways than one. It shows in the trenches! (And everywhere else for that matter). All any of us can do is enjoy the ride with CJP. If not then why bother.

We are still getting out recruited by Ga. and Fla. They also have great coaches. Gonna be a long 4 years unless our coaches outcoach the rest.
So....what coach will out recruit CJP at UT? How quickly it seems the dumpster fire that was UT football/athletics is forgotten. It is not just about the ability of players but about building a team of players with ability; which is what I think CJP is doing. Reference the UT men's basketball team. What makes them special is not just their individual ability but how that developed ability functions as a team. Coaching is definitely at key ingredient, but how the players bond as a team, playing for and with each other is just as important. My hope is that CJP is creating the culture and environment of competition and brotherhood.

UT needs a QB whose a natural leader. What was Dobbs, a 3 star? May have to wait on Bailey to fill that role. I'm pretty sure to'oto'o will lead the defense in his 2nd year. UT should begin to display some toughness around mid-season this year. A lot of work needs to be done.

UT needs a QB whose a natural leader. What was Dobbs, a 3 star? May have to wait on Bailey to fill that role. I'm pretty sure to'oto'o will lead the defense in his 2nd year. UT should begin to display some toughness around mid-season this year. A lot of work needs to be done.

What QB is going to want to be a leader behind this pathetic offensive line?

That needs to be fixed more than anything.

I've heard all this same BS with every coach we've had since Kiffin and all during that time, Tennessee has been where 5*'s go to die. I'll believe the Pruitt hype when they're lifting some hardware in the air.

Cannot imagine how those above us in the precious star rankings pulled it off.... The exciting trend is that Pruitt is killing them in the STAR EFFICIENCY RATING..... that is calculated by taking the total number of stars each teams recruits and divide it by the number of wins for the team the preceding season.... So for AL they signed 27 with a four star average for 108 stars divided by 14 gives them a rating of 7.7. We had 23 for 83 total stars divided by 5 for a 16.6 rating.... This demonstrates the coaches impact on the recruiting process...

Now to be totally fair I just created this system yesterday sometime so it does not yet have popular acceptance....

My position on stars is this... it is a probability of success at the next level not a ceiling. Like any system there are imperfections and that is why some high star guys bust and some low star guys excel. So any cumulative value for each class is impacted by the data each service had in assigning stars... even the highest high star guy has risk. It is pretty easy to assign 5 stars to the kids that started shaving in the 6th grade, played in locations with great development programs starting early, and play against high end competition. Harder to define the difference between the 3 and 4 star kids when some mature so much later and don't get all the sexy camp invites especially after their JR years... so their is more risk with them... but coaches are not just blindly reaching into the vast 3 star pools when they make offers.. so if they properly avoid the overrated 4 star kids and more importantly properly evaluate the misses in the three star pools they can lose the STAR wars and still effectively get guys who can succeed or even excel in college... true some may need MORE weight room and hard coaching to reach their peak but ultimately CAN produce better than 4 star guys in their classes... Case in point will be to follow the Solomon DB we added late... we shall see if our evaluation is better than the services.... maybe, maybe not... but only time will tell... same for each and every guy every school brings in. This just covers the physical abilities have not even gotten into academic capabilities and character variables... guess I am counting on Coach having a better eye having dealt at the top his last three stops and better understand his refusal to offer kids until he sees them perform at camp etc...

GO VOLS

...ass handed to him by Vandy?
Yes he did, he got the chit knocked out of him. It was an embarrassing display of college football. Hell, it was a terrible display of football period. It was so bad I don't even know why we're talking about it.

I bet he knows he can't go back and change it. Probably why he's doing what he's doing now to try and keep it from happening again.

Reactions: TJSVOLS

VN Store

Back