Pruitt Frustrated By Lack of Support

Why would he agree to that? He has a legal contract.

Because he doesn't want to be the head coach at UT.

If someone offered you $6 million dollars and you got to go back to doing a job you like that pays $1-2 million a year itself, rather than spend a year or more doing something you hate, you'd be stupid not to take it given that you've already made $10.8 million.

I will say this, Fulmer should absolutely be fired first. It’s also ironic that a bammer will cost him his job. Oh well, he hired the guy.
I disagree.... Fulmer was hired and wasnt many options to be hired... Pruitt Mel Tucker and Steele... Obviously Pruitt isn't gonna work... Fire him now before recruiting classes takes a big hit... Then right the ship by making a true splash big name hire.... People will look at Fulmer in high regards for trying to make it right IMO

Reactions: preacherwebb
I don’t buy it. Pruitt has to realize his lack of support is due to losing. No one would complain about lack of support when you lose 6 straight games.
Maybe Fulmer told him being mediocre to terrible is fine....after all Fulmer thinks it was fine when he was here after 2001.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Bid farewell to the endless summer of FIRE MALZAHN

I'm not sure what else Jeremy Pruitt thinks he should be given that he does not have at the moment. We're spending top-dollar for assistants and until this disaster of a season he had plenty of fan support around the program. If he is so soft that he is mad fans want him fired after an historically terrible year, I don't know what else to say. At that point, he should just resign and go be a DC.

If this is how Pruitt actually feels, I'm not sure how you can justify giving him another year to tank the program further. Give him his walking papers and let him go be a DC somewhere else if that's what will make him happy.

Nobody is holding him hostage. If he's man enough to put his money where his mouth is, he can leave at any moment. But I think we all know the truth about that.

Bid farewell to the endless summer of FIRE MALZAHN

I'm not sure what else Jeremy Pruitt thinks he should be given that he does not have at the moment. We're spending top-dollar for assistants and until this disaster of a season he had plenty of fan support around the program. If he is so soft that he is mad fans want him fired after an historically terrible year, I don't know what else to say. At that point, he should just resign and go be a DC.

If this is how Pruitt actually feels, I'm not sure how you can justify giving him another year to tank the program further. Give him his walking papers and let him go be a DC somewhere else if that's what will make him happy.

Unnamed sources (again) for the claims about what Pruitt has said and what he feels in this article. Nah, I ain’t buying it. Yet.

If true then it should be easy to workout a one time payment say 4 million to resign. Without it he will stay and we will have to pay 10 mill next year. If True. In CHRIST Alone

Don't know if this has been posted yet, as I'm only on page 2, but ...

XAkjviN.gif

Gotta wonder if this is true and it’s well known behind the scenes. Pruitt never looks like he has any passion for being here, so I can’t imagine the boosters are big fans of his.

Reactions: preacherwebb
There’s not many a fan base that would put up with this. You think Bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas or anyone else for that matter puts up with it? Don’t give me that crap that Tennessee fans expectations are too high. That’s complete and utter garbage and you know it.
Hell Arkansas fired Chad Morris after 2 seasons....So did Miss St.....No SEC school would tolerate what we have been through.

I like the smell of my own farts, but I don’t appreciate Pruitt giving us the Dutch Oven, and wonder why were not happy.

Reactions: Godfatha
I have a friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone who empties the trash in the TN athletics' ctr who said he heard another friend that he heard Pruitt say that. Thats as much proof as the OP offered that you all are peeing all over yourselves about. Silly.
It's fan fiction crap, imo. But man did it push people's buttons.

He will always be a Bammer that will never change he could care less about UT. Let’s send him packing and back across the state line
If you actually think he took the job just to do it then the “bammer” way and screw Tennessee, you are delusional. He took the job and tried to succeed. Maybe he still loves it ( and sucks at it), maybe he hates it (and sucks at it either way) but he wanted to succeed. He should not have been given the right to learn on the job but such as what UT is now, a stepping stone job until the next best thing arrives.
He cares about his job and wants to succeed. Anyone at that level does.
The man just is not good at it. Bammer, Sooner, War eagle, Trojan, Vol. It makes no difference. He just sucks.

We’ve been putting up with mediocre results since 2008.

You honestly think we’re b*tching just to be b*tching? We’ve all seen what kind of coach Pruitt is.

Thank goodness the Basketball program has a good coach that knows what he’s doing because this makes the third football coach in a row who couldn’t coach their way out of a paper bag.

The whole blaming the fans BS, is old.
Thank Fulmer for keeping Barnes. I know a lot of people on here whined about that last year, looks like a great move now.

I disagree.... Fulmer was hired and wasnt many options to be hired... Pruitt Mel Tucker and Steele... Obviously Pruitt isn't gonna work... Fire him now before recruiting classes takes a big hit... Then right the ship by making a true splash big name hire.... People will look at Fulmer in high regards for trying to make it right IMO
Fulmer should be fired immediately for the raise and extension he gave Pruitt when he hadn’t done a single thing yet. That’s not even mentioning the extension he gave himself, as if anyone else was seeking his services. Just like the first time, Fulmer has earned his dismissal.

For the record, the fact he didn’t even interview mike leach while he was supposedly out scouring for a coach was malpractice right off the jump.

Last edited:
The fact that he refused to interview Leach should be all the proof needed that he won’t go hire Freeze or any other coach that runs anything but a power run pro style O. Fulmer has said it, that his UT football and even though Saban was smart enough to realize that was a dated system, our AD will refuse to let a coach run any other O.

The fact that he refused to interview Leach should be all the proof needed that he won’t go hire Freeze or any other coach that runs anything but a power run pro style O. Fulmer has said it, that his UT football and even though Saban was smart enough to realize that was a dated system, our AD will refuse to let a coach run any other O.
Saban runs a pro style style offense. Damn, watch the games and see how often Mac Jones runs the ball. Saban can run a pro style because he has pro style players.

VN Store

Back