Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Sorry folks but as excited as I am about Beldar getting canned the other news is somber. NCAA Level 1? Geez, that just sucks azz. What a mess Beldar is leaving behind. Thankfully we can hope this is a new beginning and new road forward. Might be rough and there's going to be frustration but Beldar and Fulmer had to go,

Sorry folks but as excited as I am about Beldar getting canned the other news is somber. NCAA Level 1? Geez, that just sucks azz. What a mess Beldar is leaving behind. Thankfully we can hope this is a new beginning and new road forward. Might be rough and there's going to be frustration but Beldar and Fulmer had to go,
I agree they had to go but this is a very steep price to pay......hoping we can survive and come out on the other side as
a relevant program

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Fine. One of you genius posters take over now. Be happy in your work. Pretty much sums up the last few months. DONE.

So one would assume that this decision has been in the works for a few weeks and given that the final outcome may well have been what it has become, you might think that the UT administration would have at least reached out to a number of AD and HC candidates and taken their "temperature" (back channel) so that they would have a relatively short list of people who if offered would take the job. However, given our history my bet is they will start this seach flat footed without a clue of what or who they want and we will end up with a Google seach AD and HC. I have no idea about AD but my guess is a Sunbelt Conference OC with no prior HC experience for out next HC. I really, I mean REALLY, REALLY want to be wrong on this but unfortunately I don't think I am. At least get us someone who can match their subjects and verbs correctly most of the time...is that too much to ask?

OK, the thing is that Alabama's oldest tradition is cheating. As Bill Brewer said when Miss State hired Jackie Sherrill, "Well you know, he's one of Bear's boys and they all cheat."

This tells me that with a staff that had several former Alabama coaches on it, we get caught cheating. Seems like the tradition lives, even with Satan.

I think this is when you call Peyton and say "your alma mater needs you."

This is the so true. Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt. It's TIME, wouldn't you agree???

I hope it starts with infractions are bad enough to get the buyouts eliminated, but by taking action the NCAA does not put us in recruiting purgatory. Wonder how long till that can be answered. Can probably get an AD, but he will play heck getting a bigtime coach till some of that is answered. How can he get a staff? How many prospects are going to sign on till we know?. How many recent signees will request release before and after we know? How busy will our transfer portal get real soon? It can get worse after we know. This is exactly the reason I was hoping for Pruitt to survive till next year. I hope those wanting him out at any cost are prepared to watch us pay the price. Not sure what the risk/reward ratio will turn out to be or if it can be calculated. Time to hold on and hope.

Official letter states he will be fired at 5pm tomorrow afternoon. With cause and NO BUYOUT. Nieds and Felton also fired with cause, no buyout.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Way to burn it down on your way out, Jeremy.

It is what it is at this point, but we have a very steep climb back to just relevancy

Who in the hell would want the AD job at this point? I mean, who in the hell would come coach here? Freeze is crazy enough to take the job, but there is no way we hire him now. It will be an interesting couple of months on the hill.

VN Store

Back