Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Listening to WNML at work. The frustration and anger from callers is off the charts. Can't blame them, this circus has been going on for over 10 years.

Reactions: 10takum
Well reset the damn “when we gonna be back” clock. I’m gonna guesstimate even with a top tier coach we talking 5/7 years. Can you fire one guy for violations then hire another guy who was fired for violations? (Freeze)
Please stop with this soothe-saying. We were NEVER going to be back with crap coaches like JP. Firing and hiring is our only ticket back. Holding on to JP would've been the worst mistake UT could make in this scenario.

Freeze and Kiffin are not viable options.....Malzahn has not adapted to modern offensive strategy.....his offense was good in 2013 but not now....we need someone who can coach up a QB and run the RPO.....someone like Joe Brady

Pruitt will push this into court. He's not likely to walk away from $13 million without a fight.
l don’t think he will take a chance think UT was paying the best Lawyers money could buy. Think I heard around 500$ For Glazier and $375 a hour for Skillman based in Overland Park Kansas. Additional fees for firms other lawyers assisting range from 150- 500 a hour.
Pro Bono lawyers aren’t going to beat that bunch

Freeze and Kiffin are not viable options.....Malzahn has not adapted to modern offensive strategy.....his offense was good in 2013 but not now....we need someone who can coach up a QB and run the RPO.....someone like Joe Brady
I will happily take Gus Malzahn and 8-10 wins a season.

Is that
Be careful what you wish for.....you might just get it....JP is history....who is the future?
Is that what the Pruitt crowd does now? Are you going to shift from he's here for the foreseeable future, he's not getting fired blah blah blah to be careful what you wish for... C'mon, fellas.

Reactions: dlravol2
So where do we go from here? We going to have to wait to find a new AD before hiring a football coach??

I'm thinking that we don't have the luxury of time in finding a head football coach. We gotta get someone in here to avoid a mass exodus of transfers. Thus we probably need a football coach first

THANK GOD, Pruitt n Fulmer BOTH are going to b out! Now, keep Manning the hell out of any coaching search! Hire a qualified, proven AD and let him / her work with Boyd, Plowman and the Boosters to finally hire a qualified, proven SEC coach, even if that means having an interim for 2021. GET THIS RIGHT!!!! GO VOLS

Last edited:
Is that

Is that what the Pruitt crowd does now? Are you going to shift from he's here for the foreseeable future, he's not getting fired blah blah blah to be careful what you wish for... C'mon, fellas.
I honestly thought he had another year but I wished him to be gone.....I got what I wished for......now I have angst over who will be the new hire....typical day in the life of a typical Vol fan

Reactions: dlravol2
The concern now is Harrison Bailey
I don't think so. We are at rock bottom right now. Possible bowl bans, recruiting restrictions, etc.. We just need to get the next hires correct and build the entire building again. If a player does not want to be here then they will become a problem so tell any player that wants to leave bye! We have the opportunity to build it back correctly.

The real problem/question is will the UT administration screw this up AGAIN? Betting odds say yes ...

Reactions: Sin City Vol

VN Store

Back