Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Well folks it happened. Now we wait to see how many players transfer, decommit and more importantly who replaces Fulmer and Pruitt.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any faith that TN can hire a competent AD whom in turn can hire a competent head coach?

I know I don’t.
I’m not getting my hopes up

Reactions: VolinMC
There’s a lot of money to play with when factor in butch coming off the books in two weeks. Either hire the biggest fish out there, or put Steele in as the head man for a year and retain the most people you can for continuity.

The Butch payout was on the books back in '17. There isn't extra cash available because the money has already been accounted for.

Reactions: xston
Well reset the damn “when we gonna be back” clock. I’m gonna guesstimate even with a top tier coach we talking 5/7 years. Can you fire one guy for violations then hire another guy who was fired for violations? (Freeze)

Sure we can. We’re Tennessee.

Go VOLS

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
There’s a lot of money to play with when factor in butch coming off the books in two weeks. Either hire the biggest fish out there, or put Steele in as the head man for a year and retain the most people you can for continuity.

Isn’t Butch off the books with his new job at Arkansas State or did that hire just mitigate some of the pay?

The fact that the admin was willing to set off the equivalent of a nuclear bomb in the football program, means that they are either more insane than we imagined, the violations are substantially worse than we imagined, or someone at the top finally wised up to the loss of revenue that will occur if the program continues downwards.

I hope for option 3, but I fear it's a combination of 1 and 2.

Until reported otherwise, I will remain optimistic and hold to the thought that the violations were simply a convenient means to a much-needed end.

Jeremy will bring in some top lawyers and sue the university for big money--he wants all those buyout millions!

Among the reasons the university might fire Pruitt for cause, according to his contract: "Conduct or omission(s) by Coach that constitutes a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; or conduct or omission(s) by Coach that is likely to lead to a NCAA finding of a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; failure to report a violation of rules to the athletics director or compliance staff; failure to promote and maintain an atmosphere of compliance; and failure to monitor all employees who report directly and indirectly to him."

VN Store

Back