Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Pruitt has been fired for cause, according to University of Tennessee sources with knowledge of the situation, meaning the university will not pay his buyout.

Pruitt lasted just three seasons and leaves behind a program that is under investigation for alleged NCAA rules violations.

Additionally, athletics director Phillip Fulmer will retire, sources said, after UT hires an AD to replace him, because he wants his successor to choose the next football coach. Fulmer made the decision to step down, and his departure is not tied to the investigation.

Jeremy Pruitt fired: Tennessee football begins another coaching search (knoxnews.com)

How bad were the violations that this is the outcome? AD and HC replaced at the same time.
For cause must mean improper benefits at a large number. This is nuts!

Also, guess it’s official: Pruitt worse than Jones and Dooley. Yikes! That’s probably worse than actually being fired for cause 😂

There’s a lot of money to play with when factor in butch coming off the books in two weeks. Either hire the biggest fish out there, or put Steele in as the head man for a year and retain the most people you can for continuity.

Well folks it happened. Now we wait to see how many players transfer, decommit and more importantly who replaces Fulmer and Pruitt.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any faith that TN can hire a competent AD whom in turn can hire a competent head coach?

I know I don’t.
The next two years might be rough but who knows.

Well folks it happened. Now we wait to see how many players transfer, decommit and more importantly who replaces Fulmer and Pruitt.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any faith that TN can hire a competent AD whom in turn can hire a competent head coach?

I know I don’t.
Anyone would be better than what we had.

Guess we had to take AU coaches to keep some players. Hope we can actually shoot for big names now but a AD will have to be hired first . So what options do we have there?

VN Store

Back