Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Isn’t Butch off the books with his new job at Arkansas State or did that hire just mitigate some of the pay?
Butch stayed unemployed just long enough to capture all of his monthly buyout payments. pay would be finished anyway. Sure glad the Vols won't have to keep up another one going forward,
but it will suck being on probation.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
tenor.gif
😂😂😂

Y'know, as glad as I am to see Pruitt gone...I don't see this as a time to celebrate. For me it's more of a feeling of relief that the program did the needful, and the realization that there's still a long road back to where we'd like to see the program sitting with the current situation.

Go Vols; onward and (hopefully) upward!

Reactions: VolsSince78
Tennessee will be lucky to win 3 games this season but i believe it will get better in the future. This reminds me of the quagmire Auburn fell into for a few seasons after Terry Bowden was canned.
I think TN has the talent to win at least 6 games next year. What worries me are the years after next.

Players are mad? Shocker. I don’t care. We suck. This program needs a change and it speaks volumes to the loser mentality we have instilled here over the past decade that we’re mad over another failed head coach leaving.

I’m sure there will be a mass exodus, but with the one time transfer rule it works both ways and we will benefit if we get the right guy. Good riddance to anyone who wants to leave. I do not blame them at all, but I’d rather start the rebuild now than delaying it for another year.

nope. quite a few got what they wee wishing for before the ncaa violations surfaced so that's not a factor in my comment. the grass isnt always immediately greener on the other side

Can you quote the posts where people wished Pruitt and the staff would commit firable NCAA violations that will impact the program after he is gone?

Fulmer's potential best hire as athletic director was tabbing Harper to replace Warlick.

His legacy was in choosing Pruitt as football coach.

Wonder if David Blackburn could be the potential new athletic director?

well.....all the pruitt and fulmer haters got what they wanted. better hope we get better and they can move super quickly because this is a real live mess right now

.........from what THEY caused!!

This is PRUITTS freakin mess.....not mine, not
Yours not any fans.......HIS!

He screwed basically everything and now leaves in a pile of ruin.

Resume of the next hire should ideally look like:
  • Successful Head Coach experience
  • Has built a winning program from the ground up, not just inherited one
  • Has been at an elite program(s) and worked for championship-winning coaches, preferably as an OC or DC
  • Respected among his peers for X's and O'x knowledge of the game
  • Elite recruiter
  • History of maximizing talent and gets kids to the next level
  • College coach but has NFL experience
Hmmmm......now who does that sound like that UT could feasibly land. :confused:

Nobody. As a matter of fact, how about using your criteria, you name ALL the coaches currently in the NCAA that fit into your list.

VN Store

Back