Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

That’s the awful part of this. 3-7 doesn’t get him fired but this does. So....how bad do we get hammered by the NCAA? Scholarship reduction....bowl ban...just another day in the cluster fug that is our university football program
Maybe we can cover Neyland and fill it for hoops

The fact that the admin was willing to set off the equivalent of a nuclear bomb in the football program, means that they are either more insane than we imagined, the violations are substantially worse than we imagined, or someone at the top finally wised up to the loss of revenue that will occur if the program continues downwards.

I hope for option 3, but I fear it's a combination of 1 and 2.
But we’re TN it’s a combo of 1 and 2

Reactions: Vollifer1949

Thumbs up all you want, but watch this vortex take UT into another spiral of hires and losing commitments.

If CJP's assistant coaches are responsible for getting him fired.....shame on him. Yes, he is ultimately responsible for the actions of his coaches and players.......I hate seeing these types of circumstances anywhere. I am sure the "Fire Pruitt" group is elated. This will further place UT behind the power curve in building a program. It is almost enough to push the the fans that have been on the fence to one side or the other.

Freak, thanks for reporting the facts............here we go again

Reactions: Raebo
Since they fired him for cause there won't be much Pruitt will be able to do about as the university has enough evidence to back it up...Pruitt is toast.
Pruitt will push this into court. He's not likely to walk away from $13 million without a fight.

One thing is we don’t need Steele anywhere near the reins of the football program. He is 9-37 as a HC. Hope the new AD is smart enough to know that.
Steele won’t be as near as lousy as Pruitt. Although, who knows what kind of attrition we are about to have when players leave town.

What a freaking mess we have on our hands. Can't fill the position fast, gotta hire a "new" AD...then pick a coach. Good Lord!

Thumbs up all you want, but watch this vortex take UT into another spiral of hires and losing commitments.

If CJP's assistant coaches are responsible for getting him fired.....shame on him. Yes, he is ultimately responsible for the actions of his coaches and players.......I hate seeing these types of circumstances anywhere. I am sure the "Fire Pruitt" group is elated. This will further place UT behind the power curve in building a program. It is almost enough to push the the fans that have been on the fence to one side or the other.

Freak, thanks for reporting the facts............here we go again

Are you mad about being wrong about Pruitt being retained, or are you upset about Pruitt being fired?

99.1 just reported two assistants also fired for cause. Neids is definitely one, who’s the other? Tee? His contract is up soon and there has been some speculation he’s involved.

Pruitt will push this into court. He's not likely to walk away from $13 million without a fight.

Among the reasons the university might fire Pruitt for cause, according to his contract: "Conduct or omission(s) by Coach that constitutes a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; or conduct or omission(s) by Coach that is likely to lead to a NCAA finding of a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; failure to report a violation of rules to the athletics director or compliance staff; failure to promote and maintain an atmosphere of compliance; and failure to monitor all employees who report directly and indirectly to him."

Reactions: VolArmy74
Any rumors regarding the ADs replacement? Will they hire someone with experience or go bargain basement shopping again?

Resume of the next hire should ideally look like:
  • Successful Head Coach experience
  • Has built a winning program from the ground up, not just inherited one
  • Has been at an elite program(s) and worked for championship-winning coaches, preferably as an OC or DC
  • Respected among his peers for X's and O'x knowledge of the game
  • Elite recruiter
  • History of maximizing talent and gets kids to the next level
  • College coach but has NFL experience
Hmmmm......now who does that sound like that UT could feasibly land. :confused:

Lol at all the posters saying:

“If they let him hire Steele, he’s staying”

“He wouldn’t be recruiting Henry T if he was getting fired”

I mean, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that he didn’t know he was getting fired. Pruitt certainly doesn’t strike me as someone who likes to involve himself in politics, so he may have been out of the loop.

Can't believe the powers that be had the guts to do this!

Must have been some BAD violations!!!

Lmao, simple take here... The university hired attorneys to go over all of this... The contract language is clear as crystal... Nothing to fight over if the university has a reason to fire you...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back