Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Are you mad about being wrong about Pruitt being retained, or are you upset about Pruitt being fired?
I am disappointed, like the other previous coaches, I wanted all of them to be successful. This one is a bit more disappointing, because of the circumstances in which it ended. I take no pleasure hearing about anyone being "fired". I am and still believe he had no intentions of making UT a bad football team. I have no power over who is or is not hired, I am mainly dismayed over the fact that we can't find an HC worthy of UT. This should not be looked upon as a day of celebration but of concern. The rest of the College Football world is laughing at UT Administration's ineptness.

I hope the next group is successful and brings back a sense of pride to the proud Stadium of Neyland..

Resume of the next hire should ideally look like:
  • Successful Head Coach experience
  • Has built a winning program from the ground up, not just inherited one
  • Has been at an elite program(s) and worked for championship-winning coaches, preferably as an OC or DC
  • Respected among his peers for X's and O'x knowledge of the game
  • Elite recruiter
  • History of maximizing talent and gets kids to the next level
  • College coach but has NFL experience
Hmmmm......now who does that sound like that UT could feasibly land. :confused:

Saban, Spurrier, Pete Carroll?

Reactions: Honky
well.....all the pruitt and fulmer haters got what they wanted. better hope we get better and they can move super quickly because this is a real live mess right now

So "haters" are responsible for NCAA violations that are apparently bad enough that the UT admin fired the HC and the AD?

Please elaborate.

I'm so happy!!!

And a big LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLL to all the people who had the decency to start threads that they "knew" he would be our coach for 2021.

Finally some light in this dark tunnel.

GO VOLS!!!
There's no light at the end of the tunnel. This is Tennessee and the proof they will screw this up is in the football hires of the past ten years.

Reactions: VolinMC
No doubt. But that's another discussion, and I would have preferred him fired for sucking at being a coach.

Instead, we have coaches fired for cause due to infractions, and an AD that has "retired" with years left on his contract. That doesn't make you worried in the slightest? That sounds like some bad sh*t to me.
Tennessee will be lucky to win 3 games this season but i believe it will get better in the future. This reminds me of the quagmire Auburn fell into for a few seasons after Terry Bowden was canned.

Reactions: dlravol2

VN Store

Back