Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Pruitt will push this into court. He's not likely to walk away from $13 million without a fight.

Lmao, simple take here... The university hired attorneys to go over all of this... The contract language is clear as crystal... Nothing to fight over if the university has a reason to fire you...

Among the reasons the university might fire Pruitt for cause, according to his contract: "Conduct or omission(s) by Coach that constitutes a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; or conduct or omission(s) by Coach that is likely to lead to a NCAA finding of a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; failure to report a violation of rules to the athletics director or compliance staff; failure to promote and maintain an atmosphere of compliance; and failure to monitor all employees who report directly and indirectly to him."

UT didn't pay hundreds of thousands to a law firm for nothing. I doubt Pruitt even attempts to get any buyout. He probably ends up with a show cause.

99.1 just reported two assistants also fired for cause. Neids is definitely one, who’s the other? Tee? His contract is up soon and there has been some speculation he’s involved.
Losing Neids hurts on the recruiting front but if he's been cheating then it was just a matter of time

Reactions: VolNExile
UT didn't pay hundreds of thousands to a law firm for nothing. I doubt Pruitt even attempts to get any buyout. He probably ends up with a show cause.

The last line is the kicker. He can be held responsible for the violations by the coaches that report to him.

Reactions: VolArmy74
Since fulmer was gone as coach, has there ever been a time with no buyouts being paid?!? Does this mean that we now have the full weight of our budget to throw at a big name coach?!? Cough cough Freeze?!?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Resume of the next hire should ideally look like:
  • Successful Head Coach experience
  • Has built a winning program from the ground up, not just inherited one
  • Has been at an elite program(s) and worked for championship-winning coaches, preferably as an OC or DC
  • Respected among his peers for X's and O'x knowledge of the game
  • Elite recruiter
  • History of maximizing talent and gets kids to the next level
  • College coach but has NFL experience
Hmmmm......now who does that sound like that UT could feasibly land. :confused:
Saban already has a job

Per my big money source in Belle Meade, hearing that Charles Davis and Peyton Manning have shown interest in one of these jobs. Unclear which role(s)...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
While, I had hoped we would part ways with Pruitt; this is worst case scenario and an absolute embarrassment for this once proud institution.
This is a stupid comment. This is the football team not the university. Has nothing to do with the “proud institution”. Still can get the same great education. People forget that the purpose of the university is to educate not have a sports program. I am a big supporter of both but people making comments like this make it sound like we are a sports program that happens to educate people on the side.

VN Store

Back