Pruitt and VOLS took GSU for granted, will Indiana be the same?

Apparently, you and many others on this board think that if fans predict a win and are confident in the team, that means they are taking games for granted and the team is destined to lose. #BVS #Livinginfear

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Losing that game didn’t do anything but drive down the confidence of a team already lacking confidence. They lost BYU cause if that then. Win those two, who knows what happens in Gainesville. Plays where there to be in that game but the team didn’t respond. Teams don’t need 2 bad losses to realize they’re underachieving.

They are definitely better than Mizzou and South Carolina. Probably about even with Kentucky. But Kentucky is a team we beat by 4 points.

We don't have our best player in the 1st half, nor do we have our 2nd best O-lineman. I still think we should win, but this idea that we're going to walk in and beat Indiana by 30 is ridiculous. If we win 23-16, it's a great day!
Thanks for using the proper words, "misguided cockiness". So we've squeaked by a few lower rated teams and managed to win 5 straight. All you have to do is read many of the posts and you'd think by some of them we were as good as LSU. There are some folks who know football and the reality is the teams appear to be dead even and Vegas line started that way and the money is coming in favoring IU. If UT wants to win this game they best play damn near perfect ball. I doubt there will be any steam rolling or trouncing taking place. UT will have to fight hard to get a win in this one.

I mean they will practice a month in preparation for this single game. Why would they not be ready to play it? Ga. St.is a stain that will never come out but I don't see the need for bringing it into the bowl conversation.

some will mention that game in 2074

My biggest concern with Indiana is the fact that the last 2 team we played that threw 30 times or more both tossed for over 300 yards. 1 win and 1 loss. Florida and SC. Take away the punt return and blocked FG and SC might have been different...when a team throws more we struggle on defense

Reactions: vettefool
Indiana and GSU are two entirely different situations. Indiana will be the best team we've played since Alabama. We will have to play very well to beat them.

IU is better than anyone Tenn has played since Alabama,, quit going off of name recognition, IU is a good team this year

I don't think IU beats UK or Mizzou.

Big Ten is good but a far away 2nd to SEC this year.

Indiana and GSU are two entirely different situations. Indiana will be the best team we've played since Alabama. We will have to play very well to beat them.

IU is a good team but they're probably 5-7 or 6-6 in the SEC if they played in it.

They're not very deep but have some good pieces.

No comparison to Georgia State.

Big 10 team
Better record than Vols
First Bowl game in 3 years and with a win will help immensely with remaining open recruit slots.

No we shouldn't look past Indiana.

But some of you all are just looking at their overall record and their close loss to Penn State.

They're not that great. They lost by 9 points to a 6-6 Michigan State team...

They Were lucky enough that the worst teams from the other division fell on their schedule.

They beat Ball State by 10 points.
Beat Injury riddled Purdue by 4 in OT.
Trashy Maryland by only 7???
Got Hammered by Ohio State and Michigan!

Call me crazy, but we win this by 21...

I'm not sure how many of you tuned in, but CJP was not at the ceremonial presser for this game. Fulmer stood in for him. He was recruiting, and he was doing a bang up job. I would rather CJP be recruiting and getting the results he just had 1,000x over than winning a meaningless game. He now has a top-ten class. He already won December/January.

No we shouldn't look past Indiana.

But some of you all are just looking at their overall record and their close loss to Penn State.

They're not that great. They lost by 9 points to a 6-6 Michigan State team...

They Were lucky enough that the worst teams from the other division fell on their schedule.

They beat Ball State by 10 points.
Beat Injury riddled Purdue by 4 in OT.
Trashy Maryland by only 7???
Got Hammered by Ohio State and Michigan!

Call me crazy, but we win this by 21...
Depends on JG. Also J.J. is sitting out the first half. You do not win games on paper. The practices have to be crisp and the players need to be motivated. If not we could lose this game.

I disagree. There is nothing earth shattering about IU. They don't have the jimmy and joes to match up with us.

If you are still in, where is your base? I'm starting to feel repercussions about turning USAF into Space Fleet ...

Reactions: LittleVol
No, OP. Not at all.

1. No Bituli to wind up the defense before Ga State. He's there now.
2. We were looking past Ga State at BYU. No game after Indiana.
3. Team wasn't fully cohesive in August. They are now (have been since shortly after the Florida loss).
4. Newish coaching staff learned their lesson about focusing 100% on the game in front of you.
5. These seniors--Jennings, Bituli, Warrior, Callaway, Taylor, etc--are still hungry, want to go out with a bang. They'll lead, the rest of the lads will follow.

There are so many big, important differences between then and now, it's really not even close to comparable.

Go Vols!
A lot of excuses there. Hope we win by at least one point.

Yeah. I think GSU and BYU were that weak by comparison. JG threw poorly and that’s worrisome but he managed the O night and day better than early on. QB decisions impact the run game significantly. @k-town_king tried to deny it but it is very true. JGs poor decisions in the run game were part of what got him benched

Defense lost us the BYU game. Don’t try and make it sound like it was JGs fault.

VN Store

Back