Protests in Cuba Against Ruling Dictatorship

220px-Assata_Shakur_FBI.jpg

I wonder what this American fugitive, convicted of Murder and hiding in Cuba, is doing during the protests?

'Do NOT come to the US': Biden's DHS Secretary warns Cubans and Haitians they Won't be allowed in if they flee upheaval and deploys Coast Guard Jets to watch for migrants crossing the sea

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Tuesday warned would-be migrants from Cuba and Haiti against trying to reach the United States illegally by sea.

He said the voyage is too dangerous and they will not be allowed to enter.

Mayorkas, whose family fled the Communist takeover of Cuba, said the issue had personal significance to him. He also stressed the danger of the journey.

'This risk is not worth taking,' he said.

Cuba is going through its worst economic crisis since the fall of the Soviet Union, along with a resurgence of coronavirus cases, as it suffers the consequences of US sanctions imposed by the Trump administration.

45414955-9785825-image-a-11_1626220966077.jpg

Police detain a person during protests Sunday in Havana, Cuba

Biden's DHS Secretary warns Cubans and Haitians not to boat to the US | Daily Mail Online

e0dd2acd3574679864cd76965aa5dce2.png
Wow, stark contrast, I guess they are the "wrong kind" of immigrant.

She is the best at her job, but unfortunately, I think it is a heavy grind. She only lasted about a year as the State Department spokesperson after the Ukraine coup and she's only going to be able to do a year in the Biden administration, also. She's is one of the best I've ever seen.
Yep. To come up with as much horse **** on the fly as she does takes talent

Reactions: BreatheUT and AM64
'Do NOT come to the US': Biden's DHS Secretary warns Cubans and Haitians they Won't be allowed in if they flee upheaval and deploys Coast Guard Jets to watch for migrants crossing the sea

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Tuesday warned would-be migrants from Cuba and Haiti against trying to reach the United States illegally by sea.

He said the voyage is too dangerous and they will not be allowed to enter.

Mayorkas, whose family fled the Communist takeover of Cuba, said the issue had personal significance to him. He also stressed the danger of the journey.

'This risk is not worth taking,' he said.

Cuba is going through its worst economic crisis since the fall of the Soviet Union, along with a resurgence of coronavirus cases, as it suffers the consequences of US sanctions imposed by the Trump administration.

45414955-9785825-image-a-11_1626220966077.jpg

Police detain a person during protests Sunday in Havana, Cuba

Biden's DHS Secretary warns Cubans and Haitians not to boat to the US | Daily Mail Online

e0dd2acd3574679864cd76965aa5dce2.png

Notice the double standard and harsh rhetoric from this clown.

On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, launching the Mariel Boatlift. The first of 125,000 Cuban refugees from Mariel reached Florida the next day.

In all, 125,000 Cubans fled to U.S. shores in about 1,700 boats, creating large waves of people that overwhelmed the U.S. Coast guard. Cuban guards had packed boat after boat, without considering safety, making some of the overcrowded boats barely seaworthy. Twenty-seven migrants died, including 14 on an overloaded boat that capsized on May 17.

The boatlift also began to have negative political implications for U.S. President Jimmy Carter. When it was discovered that a number of the exiles had been released from Cuban jails and mental health facilities, many were placed in refugee camps while others were held in federal prisons to undergo deportation hearings. Of the 125,000 “Marielitos,” as the refugees came to be known, who landed in Florida, more than 1,700 were jailed and another 587 were detained until they could find sponsors.

Fidel Castro announces Mariel Boatlift, allowing Cubans to emigrate to U.S.

Who is Assata Shakur, Convicted Cop Killer granted asylum in Cuba and Praised by Black Lives Matter

BLM calls Shakur a “Black revolutionary” while authorities label her a “domestic terrorist”

The name of Assata Shakur, a woman convicted in the 1973 killing of a New Jersey state trooper, has been used by Black Lives Matter to illustrate what the group called Cuba’s "solidarity with oppressed peoples of African descent" as the communist country faced rare anti-government protests this summer.

As Cuba endured its worst economic crisis in decades amid food shortages and a resurgence of coronavirus cases, many called upon the U.S. to take action.

But Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc., in a statement on Twitter blamed the U.S. embargo for Cuba’s economic devastation while at the same time praising the Cuban regime for its effort to protect "Black revolutionaries like Assata Shakur."

Shakur, also known as JoAnne Chesimard, was convicted of being an accomplice in the 1973 slaying of New Jersey State Trooper Werner Foerster, who left behind a wife and 3-year-old son. Shakur later escaped prison and fled to Cuba, where former Cuban Prime Minister Fidel Castro granted her asylum.

NY-Assata-Shakur.jpg

She was a member of the Black Liberation Army, which the FBI describes as "the most violent militant organizations of the 1970s."

She is the first woman that the FBI has ever listed on its list of top terrorists, and the agency continues to offer a $1 million reward for information that could lead to her arrest today.

Who is Assata Shakur, convicted cop killer granted asylum in Cuba and praised by Black Lives Matter

I don't remember when it was, but didn't Cuba empty out their prisons and send them to the US in boats. I'm guessing this was about 30 to 40 years ago. I suppose it's not much different than what if happening today.

I don't remember when it was, but didn't Cuba empty out their prisons and send them to the US in boats. I'm guessing this was about 30 to 40 years ago. I suppose it's not much different than what if happening today.
Early 80's. It's how Scarface starts.

The Mariel Boatlift is what it was called, I believe. Castro's criminals arrived in Miami, Florida demanding their constitutional rights. A massive Crime Wave ensued.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back