Printed tickets and screenshots of ticket won’t work at Neyland this year

I find it hard to believe that a screenshot of a digital ticket will not be accepted. Don’t they just scan the barcode?
It’s going to be a QR code that moves along your screen. In order to sell tickets you will have to actually transfer the ticket instead of screen shot. This helps with fake tickets and duplicate tickets being printed and sold.

To those people who do not have a smart phone,are they now screwed to get into Neyland?I am one of these folks.Have no use to be on a phone all the time.Takes away from holding hands with my wife and a drink in the other.That is the Tennessee tradition!
Go get you a straight talk phone for about $100. They sell prepaid smart phones now at Walmart and only use it for games to download your tickets.

And you should be able to afford a smart phone and keep with the times and still go to the games. Thank you for your continuous support over the years and doing your part.

29 years young, I’ve supported since being a freshman, but that’s a lot shorter of a time than the folks you referenced in that first post.

Been going to games longer than that, but that was before I was doing any of the financial lifting.

Reactions: VolMarine1371
I guess the Amish are no longer welcome at Neyland 😡
We need some politicians to start passing some laws prohibiting everything digital. That is the direction of 666
How many Amish have you met that go to the games?

Thats on you. You have more technology in your 1 hand than they had to land on the moon. Not everyone else's fault you never took the time to learn how to use it. And I don't mean to sound like an *******, I know I dont look forward to getting old.

To elaborate on my "hi-tech" background, spoke to groups of my profession in the early 70's on what at that time was called within the banking industry the "checkless society". Later was an Account Executive (salesman) for NCR Corp. (had much education in high-tech with this company). So in response to your statement, "I understand technology fairly well". My main problem with it is the ease with which it is used for less than honest pursuits and the disappointing social commentary and the gullible belief in this commentary by the general public. Ref. the reactions of many on here to our sometimes controversial threads.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Sadly, the competency of people trafficking in fraudulent tickets and receipts is increasingly indistinct from the real thing. Sadly, again, this won't solve the problem. Frauds will just, and already are, refine their fake digital skills. Even face recognition software isn't foolproof. You can use a photograph and animation software to mimic a person. And so the Catch Me If You Can game continues.
Catch_Me_If_You_Can_2002_movie.jpg

Go get you a straight talk phone for about $100. They sell prepaid smart phones now at Walmart and only use it for games to download your tickets.
Un-needed extra expense. Any decent gate keeper can identify a fake ticket and deny entry to the game. In fact, I would not be surprised if a techie could not duplicate an electronic ticket and pass it on to a number of people.

As long as you can put them in your Apple/Google wallet with the moving QR, this will work fine-its just getting fans to take this step.

I currently work part time at the box office of MILB team. We spend 90% of our time dealing with wifi issues and people not downloading their tickets, get to the game and have no service, thus no ticket. We have to look up their acct and then print them a hard copy. We constantly tell fans to put them in their wallet or take a screenshot because we use a barcode. A moving QR code? I get the security issue, glad I’m not working in Neyland!

How do you send a ticket to someone who is coming at a different time than you?

Mail your phone to them. In all seriousness, it’ll probably be like LiveNation, etc. and you’ll be able to transfer them via app/email/text

As long as you can put them in your Apple/Google wallet with the moving QR, this will work fine-its just getting fans to take this step.

I currently work part time at the box office of MILB team. We spend 90% of our time dealing with wifi issues and people not downloading their tickets, get to the game and have no service, thus no ticket. We have to look up their acct and then print them a hard copy. We constantly tell fans to put them in their wallet or take a screenshot because we use a barcode. A moving QR code? I get the security issue, glad I’m not working in Neyland!
Me too.

I was just sitting here thing about how glad I am that I don’t work at Neyland too.

Not really.

I expect that it will go smoothly or they will just let everybody in with any kind of legit looking ticket and Neland will be even louder.

Reactions: VolGirl81
UT will be using Ticket master not Vivid Seats which the Titans have been using for years. Also am a Titans season ticket holder with an old android phone and if I can master this process, believe me anyone can. Both the Titans and Vols have apps where the tickets and passes can be stored or can use Google Pay. The Titans have great cell service outside and inside stadium. Have not had any problems with Vols digital tickets the past few years and have Verizon.

In a way I like this move mainly because it will curb just about all fake tickets. My concern is this wording from UT regarding transfers:
Please Note: Not all tickets are eligible for transfer. If not, the TRANSFER button will not be displayed.

But on the same page page in the FAQ's, they state this:
What if my guest(s) and I are arriving to the venue at different times?
If arriving at different times, the ticketholder will need to transfer a ticket to each member of a party. This will allow the ticketholder and guest(s) to arrive at the venue at their own convenience. Once the ticket transfer offer has been sent to the guest(s), the guest(s) will receive an email instructing them to accept the tickets. If they do not already have an All Vols account, they can easily create an account to accept the ticket offer. Once guests have accepted the transfer offer, they should download the Tennessee Athletics app to view the tickets.

Why would UT ever not allow tickets to be transferred? I give away and/or sell tickets to family, co-workers, business clients, etc. all the time, and I know I'm not the only one that does this. If they ever didn't allow tickets to be transferred, there'd be major blowback I would think. I'd raise hell to the ticket office as soon as I saw that. There was never any indication UT would be switching to TM and using this system...it'd just be wrong. Just my opinion.

In a way I like this move mainly because it will curb just about all fake tickets. My concern is this wording from UT regarding transfers:
Please Note: Not all tickets are eligible for transfer. If not, the TRANSFER button will not be displayed.

But on the same page page in the FAQ's, they state this:
What if my guest(s) and I are arriving to the venue at different times?
If arriving at different times, the ticketholder will need to transfer a ticket to each member of a party. This will allow the ticketholder and guest(s) to arrive at the venue at their own convenience. Once the ticket transfer offer has been sent to the guest(s), the guest(s) will receive an email instructing them to accept the tickets. If they do not already have an All Vols account, they can easily create an account to accept the ticket offer. Once guests have accepted the transfer offer, they should download the Tennessee Athletics app to view the tickets.

Why would UT ever not allow tickets to be transferred? I give away and/or sell tickets to family, co-workers, business clients, etc. all the time, and I know I'm not the only one that does this. If they ever didn't allow tickets to be transferred, there'd be major blowback I would think. I'd raise hell to the ticket office as soon as I saw that. There was never any indication UT would be switching to TM and using this system...it'd just be wrong. Just my opinion.

The only tickets that can't be transferred are player/staff guest tickets. That's an SEC rule to prevent resale of the complimentary player guest tickets.

There will be some UTAD comp tickets that will have this restriction as well to comply with various regulations.

All purchased tickets will be eligible for transfer.

I was told when I renewed this spring that UT was switching to Ticketmaster, the agent on the phone told me to look out for emails from UT that would have TM in the address.

The only tickets that can't be transferred are player/staff guest tickets. That's an SEC rule to prevent resale of the complimentary player guest tickets.

There will be some UTAD comp tickets that will have this restriction as well to comply with various regulations.

All purchased tickets will be eligible for transfer.

I was told when I renewed this spring that UT was switching to Ticketmaster, the agent on the phone told me to look out for emails from UT that would have TM in the address.

That really puts my mind at ease. Thanks Deerpark!!

Somewhere somehow some young punk will hack a stadium or two and lock out all of the tickets. Hopefully a play off game. That would make this old man laugh at the so called new way of doing things. I thank God everyday I grew up before the dot com era. It was a great way to live.

VN Store

Back