Printed tickets and screenshots of ticket won’t work at Neyland this year

Cry a freakin’ river, so many “fans” have become so fickle and complain about everything. It sure would be nice if people realized you can express great expectations in a positive way without being pouty brats all the time to accomplish more. It’s also easy to see how many people don’t travel outside their neighborhood and get hung up on irrelevant things like recruiting every day or what protein shake Dee Beckwith or Joe Milton had before practice.

Reactions: VolMarine1371
I like the new system as I understand it. I think both my tickets and parking pass will be on ticketmaster and that I can gift those to friends through their ticket master accounts

Reactions: CPA
I find it hard to believe that a screenshot of a digital ticket will not be accepted. Don’t they just scan the barcode?
I had a short conversation at the gate last year with ticket supervisor and ask the same question. He said Yes a screen shot would work and once that barcode is scanned it automatically locks that number out. So idk…that could be different this year. But I’ve been doing digital tickets at all type of events for several years now and never had an issue.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Yeah, the people who’s dollars made that place into what it is today. The people that are growing old and may not be able to stand anymore but still love their vols.
And you should be able to afford a smart phone and keep with the times and still go to the games. Thank you for your continuous support over the years and doing your part.

I find it hard to believe that a screenshot of a digital ticket will not be accepted. Don’t they just scan the barcode?

It is not a static barcode like it has been in the past. It’s more like a hybrid of a barcode and a QR code, and just a screenshot of it doesn’t work the same way. It’s hard to explain, but it’s how they prevent the fraud aspect of someone selling you a screenshot of one ticket, then using that same screenshot to get in the game before you do. Every time the ticket is transferred, the scan code changes.

Every NFL stadium and Major League Baseball venue has been using this exact same technology for three or four years now. No one has ever gotten into a Braves game at the new stadium with anything other than a digital ticket on a smart phone. That’s not to say there won’t be hiccups somewhere along way, but this exact same technology has been the primary means of entry into hundreds of venues for almost half a decade.

Reactions: tntar heel
Neyland has impeccable cellular service for 100k users. Downloading and transferring tickets will be a snap. What could possibly go wrong?

Plan on leaving an extra hour early. The customer service desk (that I was told would be fully manned) WILL be overwhelmed. I was at an away game when a friend's cell phone developed a "ticket download problem". Long way to go for that kind of stress. Two years before that, my phone died (not battery, just died) on an away trip, but I didn't care as I had a hard ticket. People willing to pay more should have the option of printed tickets. I'm just NOT a fan of this.

That’s why the recommendation is to download the digital ticket onto your phone before you get to the venue. If you download the whole season of tickets when they send you the email next week, you won’t have to worry about your cell service around the stadium on game day.

I realize capacity was severely reduced that year, but this is the exact system Tennessee used in the pandemic year of 2020 and there were virtually no issues with it.

To your last point, I can agree with you in concept, but people that are willing to pay extra for printed tickets are also people who will copy those printed tickets and sell them for times outside the stadium, which is what this entire thing was put in place to prevent. I would prefer to have the printed ticket myself, because I’ve kept nearly 40 years of printed tickets. I am hopeful that Tennessee will do what the Braves have done with my season tickets at Truist Park and allow season-ticket holders to purchase a commemorative version of individual games or of big games and big moments. We’ll see.

Explain to me how scalpers will now sell tickets in front of the stadium on game day.

They will transfer an electronic copy of the ticket to your phone number or email. That will indeed require an Internet connection on your phone, which we know can be sketchy outside the stadium. This will be very difficult on scalpers that sell day of the game.

When it is transferred, the dynamic barcode on it changes, so the previous version the seller had on his phone will be invalid.

SIAP, just saw this article, if true this is the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard of.

Tennessee Athletics to only accept digital tickets, parking passes starting fall
While I have purchased tickets for this year, this maybe the last year I will buy them. At my age, I am too old to learn many new tricks, and fooling around with electronic thickets and making sure they get to my kids and grandkids is too much of a hassle. However, I doubt they will miss me buying two tickets or my contribution to the University. Not only this electronic stuff, they are already trying to sell tickets at a discount, even before we receive this year’s tickets. It appears that they could care less about us guys who have been watching Tennessee sports for 75 years. I have 6 generation of my family who have attended the University of Tennessee. They seem to care only about how much money they can squeeze out of us. Well, the life has just about squeezed out of this old big orange.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
To me, the noise that you make when the Vols are on defense is much more important than if you do it standing or sitting.
Agreed.

I was being sarcastic btw. Every year I see the “Stand up dammit” or the “I’ll sit if I damn well want to!” Thread.

They will transfer an electronic copy of the ticket to your phone number or email. That will indeed require an Internet connection on your phone, which we know can be sketchy outside the stadium. This will be very difficult on scalpers that sell day of the game.

When it is transferred, the dynamic barcode on it changes, so the previous version the seller had on his phone will be invalid.
Thanks.

That’s why the recommendation is to download the digital ticket onto your phone before you get to the venue. If you download the whole season of tickets when they send you the email next week, you won’t have to worry about your cell service around the stadium on game day.

I realize capacity was severely reduced that year, but this is the exact system Tennessee used in the pandemic year of 2020 and there were virtually no issues with it.

To your last point, I can agree with you in concept, but people that are willing to pay extra for printed tickets are also people who will copy those printed tickets and sell them for times outside the stadium, which is what this entire thing was put in place to prevent. I would prefer to have the printed ticket myself, because I’ve kept nearly 40 years of printed tickets. I am hopeful that Tennessee will do what the Braves have done with my season tickets at Truist Park and allow season-ticket holders to purchase a commemorative version of individual games or of big games and big moments. We’ll see.
I understand what you say, but that does not address the failure of technology, and/or me selling (or gifting) my ticket to someone outside the stadium with the weak service.

I have been a season ticket holder since 92 and have never cheated anyone with nefarious methods. Besides, I don't think the university is doing this to prevent theft and fraud, near as much as they wish to stop gray market sales outside the venue.

If you think otherwise, I guess we will just disagree with no hard feelings.

Reactions: tbwhhs and #1n51&98
Explain to me how scalpers will now sell tickets in front of the stadium on game day.
The exact same way they do now. Instead of handing over paper tickets, they’ll ask for an email address and forward the tickets instantly.

VN Store

Back