Price: Franklin Likely Remaining at Penn State

Good, I didn't want him. We need a high powered offensive-minded HC. He is not the person I think of when we are talking high powered offense.

Sonny Dykes will not be the next head coach at Tennessee.

Just a few days ago I thought same as you, but if at least some of these rumors are true it may come down to him as the last man standing. After being initially turned off, I researched him a little more fully, I think he could be a great coach here. Why all the knee jerk hatred of him?

Just a few days ago I thought same as you, but if at least some of these rumors are true it may come down to him as the last man standing. After being initially turned off, I researched him a little more fully, I think he could be a great coach here. Why all the knee jerk hatred of him?
I’ve watched him at SMU for three years now. He’s a good coach with a low ceiling who’s right where he needs to be. He flamed out at Cal and would be way in over his head at Tennessee.

He’s a good CEO of a program and has recruited well (much of that through the transfer portal) but his performance on game days leaves something to be desired—we don’t always seem to be the most prepared/motivated team for four quarters.

Reactions: MocVol
I’ve watched him at SMU for three years now. He’s a good coach with a low ceiling who’s right where he needs to be. He flamed out at Cal and would be way in over his head at Tennessee.

He’s a good CEO of a program and has recruited well (much of that through the transfer portal) but his performance on game days leaves something to be desired—we don’t always seem to be the most prepared/motivated team for four quarters.

"we don't always seem to be the most Prepared/motivated"--Who are you referring to here-SMU or Tennessee?

“As for James Franklin, we believe Tennessee was deep in talks with him over the last 24 hours or so but he seems like he is staying at Penn State with locker room renovations heavily in play.”
Sounds like a "Canary Trap" scenario where DW is rooting out which mole is feeding which reporter - "Hey Gertrude, which booster got the "Locker Room" email."

Reactions: Border Vol
“As for James Franklin, we believe Tennessee was deep in talks with him over the last 24 hours or so but he seems like he is staying at Penn State with locker room renovations heavily in play.”

Franklin as a candidate was a surprise to me. He is from Pennsylvania, and Penn State is his "dream job." Would have been difficult to pull him away.

He's also kind of a jerk (personal experience). It would be hard for most Vol fans to support him, I think.

Reactions: davethevol
"We believe"... code for, we have no freaking idea what's going on and we're making up reasons to get clicks.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
My top 5 realistic candidates as of right now:

1. Matt Campbell
2. Luke Fickell
3. Billy Napier
4. Gus Malzahn
5. Bill Clark

I think Freeze, Kiffin and Chadwell are untouchable this go-round since what was said at the press conference about integrity being paramount.
“This go-round” Hilarious. Getm ready in 3 years because we’re about to .... this up again.

In today's edition of the Knoxville News Sentinel, Lane Kiffin told Mike Hamilton that he did not want the Tennessee job back in 2009 and that he wanted Hamilton to interview all the other coaches who were better suited than Kiffin before coming back and offering Kiffin the job.

Kiffin wound up staying 408 days at UT before bolting for Southern California.

"Way over his head at Tennessee"!! You act like UT is special...got news for you....it's not.

Here come the contract and facility upgrade negotiations. I wish people would stop upgrading on TN’s back!
Agreed! It’s time to bring in a new “the rock.” The current one is pretty outdated.
387F022D-CCBC-4193-841E-AEDED72EC344.jpeg
GBO!!

VN Store

Back