Price: Franklin Likely Remaining at Penn State

“As for James Franklin, we believe Tennessee was deep in talks with him over the last 24 hours or so but he seems like he is staying at Penn State with locker room renovations heavily in play.”

He is staying because of "locker room renovations"? Not sure about that one, no offense to Price and Hubbs but they aren't near as connected as they used to be. With that being said, we are a toxic place right now and it will be difficult to hire a good coach.

He is staying because of "locker room renovations"? Not sure about that one, no offense to Price and Hubbs but they aren't near as connected as they used to be. With that being said, we are a toxic place right now and it will be difficult to hire a good coach.
Agreed. I would understand him staying at Penn St., but it seems pretty strange that “locker room renovations” of all all things would be the reason why.

“As for James Franklin, we believe Tennessee was deep in talks with him over the last 24 hours or so but he seems like he is staying at Penn State with locker room renovations heavily in play.”
Not that I want Franklin but you are saying he is staying at PSU because they are getting new locker rooms. That’s the weirdest thing I’ve heard for staying at a school.

Not that I want Franklin but you are saying he is staying at PSU because they are getting new locker rooms. That’s the weirdest thing I’ve heard for staying at a school.
You have to understand the purpose of locker rooms, and showers, at Penn St. to really understand his motivation.

If we have a coach who we believe is a homerun, then pay him 10 million per year if that is what it takes. I have never understood the pearl clutching with coaching salaries. A good coach will bring in massive amounts of money. Paying a lower tier coach 4 million and then buying them out every 3-4 years isn't exactly working

VN Store

Back