President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

we get about 10% of our oil from russia rn, and people are refusing to buy it or unload it. Find another argument.

Do some quick math for us and tell us roughly how much we are giving Putin per day at that 10% level . I haven’t seen anyone in the US refusing to unload it yet , that article was from the UK I believe .

yes it was from the UK and where does the other 90% come from ?

Without looking again I believe a saw that something like 63% was coming from Canada . The data seems to be lagging a bit but that was the most updated I could find

Reactions: AM64
I took this Trumps last week in office after prices had increased about 10 cents. I miss the good ole days. I took this because I knew what was coming.View attachment 437655
Gas was cheap because we were locked down in a global pandemic and you had the foresight to know it was going to go back up once demand went back up? Man, you're like, a genius or something.

Joe said that he wouldn't shutdown fracking and pipelines right before the elections in 2020.

Yeah but prior he stated:
“Number one, no more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry. No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, end, number one.”
“We’re all dead” if we don’t stop using fossil fuels.
“We have to move toward net-zero emissions,” Biden said. “The first place to do that by the year 2035 is in energy production. By 2050, totally.”
"I guarantee you. We're going to end fossil fuel..."
Promised to ban fracking and that coal miners will have to learn to code.
Oil executives should be jailed for pollution.

Always take the early, pre-polling answers; it's what they really mean to do.

Joe had two expressions:
smug - telling the truth about what an ass I am
wide-eyed - I'm lying my ass off

Smug has been replaced with squinting - I need a fresh diaper, are these my teeth, and why do I have to answer stuff?

49% increase sounds high, but we have never purchased much of our total imported oil from Russia anyway. We didn’t increase our total purchases from Russia all that much from a bpd standpoint. That’s like saying I bought one beer on Monday, two on Tuesday and I increased my beer consumption by 100%. Context.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64

@Knuckleheadswhomakefacilepoints
BUT...as of Sept. 2019, the U.S. was a net petro exporter, not just refined fuel, from Canadian exports and U.S. crude. That means whatever we bought on the commodities market was offset and exceeded by U.S. sales of petro. It was the first time since 1973, and this year we return to being a net importer.

Do you see the difference now?

wish it was anywhere close to 3.70 around my area - its 4.20 to 4.50 -- Russia just announced a cease fire so I guess we will see of these stations are price gouging because of the idiots in the MSM justifying high price because of their bs theories
Don't get your hopes up. They are just replenishing supply lines

VN Store

Back