Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

What a game. Won’t lie, I didn’t see it coming. I thought we played well in the first leg but that is a Dortmund team that is playing really well right now. It did help that they were missing their starting keeper and a couple others.

3-4-3 is the way. We need James and Chilwell flying up the flanks and overlapping. It’s what they do best. Really happy for Cucurella though. He has struggled this year but he was Man of the Match for me.
It feels good to have a couple positive results after the stretch they’ve had. Chelsea looked like the better team over the 2 legs so I’m glad they’re moving on. I really thought this team was cursed when Havertz’s volley hit the post. Having Chilly and Reece back completely changes the dynamic of the team. Have to hope they can stay healthy. Kovacic coming back has been huge too. I thought he was great yesterday. And how about Havertz? He looked like the best player on the pitch and the guy they broke the bank for. He links up really well with Felix. Eventually all those balls hitting the post will find their way into the net

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
It feels good to have a couple positive results after the stretch they’ve had. Chelsea looked like the better team over the 2 legs so I’m glad they’re moving on. I really thought this team was cursed when Havertz’s volley hit the post. Having Chilly and Reece back completely changes the dynamic of the team. Have to hope they can stay healthy. Kovacic coming back has been huge too. I thought he was great yesterday. And how about Havertz? He looked like the best player on the pitch and the guy they broke the bank for. He links up really well with Felix. Eventually all those balls hitting the post will find their way into the net
Agree with it all. Havertz gets a lot of stick for not scoring goals but the guy isn’t a 9, and it’s a shame he’s judged like one. He’s best when he’s playing off a 9 in and around the box. He’s great at finding open space and linking up to the final 3rd, and agree, him and Felix have a good rapport. I hope we don’t sell him this summer and instead find a way to get him to do what he does best.

Also, strictly speaking of CL, Kante will be back by the quarterfinals. If we can get a team that has figured some things out and are playing much more to their standard, and then you stick Kante in that lineup to let Enzo get forward, then I’d be excited to see how they look.

So what do the Spurs do about Kane? Deal is up summer of 2024, and unless they don’t sell him this summer and then have a big year next year, it’s hard to see him resigning after almost leaving last summer. Or summer before, whenever it was. Feels like they have to sell him this summer or risk losing him on a free next summer.

If they did though, no idea where he would go if he wanted to stay in the PL. City have Haaland. Liverpool have Nunez. I don’t think Arsenal would go for him. I don’t think Chelsea would either. United the only spot?

So what do the Spurs do about Kane? Deal is up summer of 2024, and unless they don’t sell him this summer and then have a big year next year, it’s hard to see him resigning after almost leaving last summer. Or summer before, whenever it was. Feels like they have to sell him this summer or risk losing him on a free next summer.

If they did though, no idea where he would go if he wanted to stay in the PL. City have Haaland. Liverpool have Nunez. I don’t think Arsenal would go for him. I don’t think Chelsea would either. United the only spot?

Obviously I don’t want him to leave, but it is inevitable. I think it was today I saw United was willing to shell out 100 mil. That would hurt, my disdain for them goes back more than 30 years.

The report also mentioned Bayern. If (when) he leaves, that one would not piss me off.

I am still disgusted by the last three performances, but especially today.

You can’t lose someone of Kane's ability on a free. You just can’t. He is one of those players I would have a hard time seeing in another PL teams jersey.

Obviously I don’t want him to leave, but it is inevitable. I think it was today I saw United was willing to shell out 100 mil. That would hurt, my disdain for them goes back more than 30 years.

The report also mentioned Bayern. If (when) he leaves, that one would not piss me off.

I am still disgusted by the last three performances, but especially today.

If or when it happens, I think every premier league fan, minus United fans of course, hope that he goes to Bayern instead of United. I mean, he’d never have a PL trophy if he does go to Bayern but he would have a Bundesliga trophy most likely. Bayern also just lost their 2nd most all time goal scoring striker last summer, and they are guaranteed Champions League every year essentially, so the fit would work. IF he leaves, then fingers crossed it’s Bayern.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
If or when it happens, I think every premier league fan, minus United fans of course, hope that he goes to Bayern instead of United. I mean, he’d never have a PL trophy if he does go to Bayern but he would have a Bundesliga trophy most likely. Bayern also just lost their 2nd most all time goal scoring striker last summer, and they are guaranteed Champions League every year essentially, so the fit would work. IF he leaves, then fingers crossed it’s Bayern.
He'd be the missing piece for Bayern, I think. We have a solid midfield, solid wings, serviceable back four. We just need a 9. I'm not sold on Nagelsmann though.

He'd be the missing piece for Bayern, I think. We have a solid midfield, solid wings, serviceable back four. We just need a 9. I'm not sold on Nagelsmann though.
I’ve really only watched Bayern in CL so not sure how their season has went, but I do know Dortmund is tied top of the league. They’re pretty good this year. I’m sure getting used to not having Lewandowski is a big adjustment, Kane could surely help with that.

I’ve really only watched Bayern in CL so not sure how their season has went, but I do know Dortmund is tied top of the league. They’re pretty good this year. I’m sure getting used to not having Lewandowski is a big adjustment, Kane could surely help with that.

They have dropped more points than usual it seems when I see results. I looked at the table the other day and their goal differential is insane. When they win, they win big.

If they had Kane, they would be must watch. Just as they were when they had Lewandowski.

They have dropped more points than usual it seems when I see results. I looked at the table the other day and their goal differential is insane. When they win, they win big.

If they had Kane, they would be must watch. Just as they were when they had Lewandowski.
I’m not sure he’d know what to do with all of that extra space that the Bundesliga has compared to the PL haha. Kane would thrive, in my opinion.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
It's been somewhat disappointing this season, at least in BL play. They've dropped a lot of games that they should have won. The offense has clicked at times and looked great, and other times been very disjointed. They have offensive talent but don't have the go-to goal scorer. That's why I think Kane, having a target man at the 9, would transform the club drastically. Nagelsmann has been a disappointment to many, and his seat is getting hot.

Didn’t like the handball call. Mo missing the penalty is Karma.
Was a tough call for me. On one hand, what could the defender do considering he had his back turned and it hit him from less than a yard away. On the other, his arm was clearly raised and deflected what was probably a shot on target.

But you’re right, kind of a ball don’t lie outcome.

Was a tough call for me. On one hand, what could the defender do considering he had his back turned and it hit him from less than a yard away. On the other, his arm was clearly raised and deflected what was probably a shot on target.

But you’re right, kind of a ball don’t lie outcome.

Yeah, the more I see it the more I can understand the call, but he was very close and it just seemed to be in a natural position when you are in the air.

He came on for about 10 mins or so in their midweek game against dortmund. Remember thinking that it was the first time I had seen him play since the World Cup
He started the first 2-3 games after World Cup before he got hurt. Midweek game was the first game he made the squad since. Good to see him get a few minutes.

He started the first 2-3 games after World Cup before he got hurt. Midweek game was the first game he made the squad since. Good to see him get a few minutes.
Yea, that’s true. Was saying it was the first game I personally watched and saw him play in since the WC (and knew he had been out for a bit with injuries)

VN Store

Back