Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Yeah I have no idea how they will work this out. The options that have been reported, that I have seen at least, is to rebuild stand by stand, leave Stamford Bridge completely, or to tear down and rebuild altogether while playing at Wembley/Craven Cottage. None of the options leave a great solution unfortunately. For the reference of what I’ve heard from the journalists that cover Chelsea, this is the land/building they are looking to possibly acquire. My guess is it would add a ton of cost to the project and without buying more land towards the top of the picture, idk how much more room it really gives.

One thing I also saw mentioned is that they are going to send a development team out to Everton to talk with and tour the new stadium being y’all are building. Idk if that’s just from a “we just want to see a current stadium being built job site..” or if there is something specific they want to tour that is prevalent in the Chelsea build as well.

View attachment 539127
That building is the veterans home I was talking about. Acquiring it would give them some additional room, especially combined with the plaza that’s between it and the ground. If they could buy both it and the row of houses along the road, they would probably have plenty of room for the build.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Will the new stadium include plans for an F1 karting track?

After seeing that news coming out of the Spurs camp a few of us at work debated what is more important to them: Collecting trophies or building a global brand? Arguments for both were made.

After seeing that news coming out of the Spurs camp a few of us at work debated what is more important to them: Collecting trophies or building a global brand? Arguments for both were made.
Haven’t heard anything about events other than soccer at Stamford Bridge but more of that info would come out when plans are announced.

For the global brand vs trophies are we talking about Chelsea there or Spurs?

If Chelsea, Boehly has spoken very openly that the best way to build a global brand is to do one thing: Win.

If Spurs, it’s debatable. They really love to push the events model at the stadium. Karting, concerts, boxing, events, etc. essentially the NFL Stadium model except with real grass. Levy has been talking about events at the stadium non stop. Also saw this recently about the stadium: (wow, that pasted very small.)

1677868170516.png

Haven’t heard anything about events other than soccer at Stamford Bridge but more of that info would come out when plans are announced.

For the global brand vs trophies are we talking about Chelsea there or Spurs?

If Chelsea, Boehly has spoken very openly that the best way to build a global brand is to do one thing: Win.

If Spurs, it’s debatable. They really love to push the events model at the stadium. Karting, concerts, boxing, events, etc. essentially the NFL Stadium model except with real grass. Levy has been talking about events at the stadium non stop. Also saw this recently about the stadium: (wow, that pasted very small.)

View attachment 539150
We were talking more about the Spurs brand in our conversation. He said that he saw it discussed on ESPN FC as well and they were unsure which was more important sometime. That’s crazy about the numbers at the Stadium in that paste above. I will admit though, I love the simplicity in their crest and their clean kits.

Kind of a chicken or the egg scenario. As Spurs stood five years ago, they didn’t have the resources to truly compete for trophies. Now, with a state of the art ground that they fully own and can stage events at effectively as a side-hustle when Spurs aren’t playing, it could go a long way to closing that gap and helping them be more competitive going forward.

We were talking more about the Spurs brand in our conversation. He said that he saw it discussed on ESPN FC as well and they were unsure which was more important sometime. That’s crazy about the numbers at the Stadium in that paste above. I will admit though, I love the simplicity in their crest and their clean kits.

I can’t say I disagree with ESPN FCs statement. I mean, they obviously are trying to win trophies still.. they went out and got Conte who is known as hard to work with from an ownership standpoint, but still produce trophies. They did the same with Mourhino. They’ve also spent plenty of money on players too. So they do care about trying to win..but do they care more about a global brand than trophies? Maybe. Certainly debatable.

@NorCalVol67 What’s your take from a Spurs supporter view?

I can’t say I disagree with ESPN FCs statement. I mean, they obviously are trying to win trophies still.. they went out and got Conte who is known as hard to work with from an ownership standpoint, but still produce trophies. They did the same with Mourhino. They’ve also spent plenty of money on players too. So they do care about trying to win..but do they care more about a global brand than trophies? Maybe. Certainly debatable.

@NorCalVol67 What’s your take from a Spurs supporter view?

I would be more worried that trying to be a global brand would be a distraction. They finally have begun to spend money and actually do something during transfer windows, something they hardly ever did for Pochettino, so I do think they want to win. I just hope they are not bought by blood money.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I really wish the PL would step in and ban these two-tiered ribbon boards Man City have around the pitch before everyone else starts doing it. They rarely even use it to fit more ads in, they’re just twice the size and distraction they would otherwise be.

I really like Cody Gakpo, he continues to win me money, first for the Dutch in the World Cup and now, for Liverpool

Who made Liverpool mad?

Real Madrid 😂 They should have saved some of those goals for that game this week.

For two top teams, it is weird that Liverpool have scored 4 or more goals in 4 out of the last 5 games between the two. They just seem to have their number.

Reactions: C/O

What a game. Won’t lie, I didn’t see it coming. I thought we played well in the first leg but that is a Dortmund team that is playing really well right now. It did help that they were missing their starting keeper and a couple others.

3-4-3 is the way. We need James and Chilwell flying up the flanks and overlapping. It’s what they do best. Really happy for Cucurella though. He has struggled this year but he was Man of the Match for me.

Reminder if you want to watch two good matches today: Milan vs Spurs and Bayern vs PSG both at 3 PM EST. Think I’m going to break out multiple screens but I’ve got a busy afternoon, so may have to choose only one game to watch.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Reminder if you want to watch two good matches today: Milan vs Spurs and Bayern vs PSG both at 3 PM EST. Think I’m going to break out multiple screens but I’ve got a busy afternoon, so may have to choose only one game to watch.

I actually set the alarm on my phone this morning for 3pm so I wouldn’t forget.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97

VN Store

Back