Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Forest gotta get six points out of their next two or I think this ride is over. Doubt they make top flight again in my lifetime if they can't say up now. Glad Arsenal will be back in Champions and anxious to see which transfers they target.

In the last week, Spurs have sacked their women’s coach, their men’s coach, and their managing director has been banned globally by FIFA.

Woof. Chaos.

Forest gotta get six points out of their next two or I think this ride is over. Doubt they make top flight again in my lifetime if they can't say up now. Glad Arsenal will be back in Champions and anxious to see which transfers they target.
Yeah Forest spent too much to get relegated. It would crush them. But I'm optimistic for them.

I don't mind Arsenal, but I root for City. I know I know, but I started before the takeover when they were still crap.

Friend of mine in Liverpool got to tour Everton’s new ground yesterday. Long way still to go in just 18 months. Hope it doesn’t get endlessly delayed like Spurs ground, but if it does, at least we’re not playing in a loaner stadium like they were.
C2CE984C-CFCB-40E3-994E-4884E264B93F.jpeg

Reactions: theFallGuy
Daughter woke me up at 6:30 crying so I settled into the City/Pool game with her. Went from the announcers calling it “back and forth Elite Football” to a trouncing real quick. Liverpool kept fading after the first 20 minutes outside of a few counter attacks.

Last edited:
Daughter woke me up at 6:30 crying so I settled into the City/Pool game with her. Went from the announcers calling it “back and forth Elite Football” to a trouncing real quick. Liverpool kept fading after the first 20 minutes outside of a few counter attacks.
City still hung up 4 even without Haaland. Liverpool are all over the place this last half of the season.

I like FPL and the way the season goes. Transfers, total points, etc. It is fun. The one thing I wish they would emulate after American fantasy football though is the ability to set lineups as the deadlines being game start. It honestly wouldn’t help THAT much as you really only have one sub on the bench for each positional area (defense, midfield, attack).. but there are times it would help. Like right now, Saka is sitting out with sickness and no one knew until right now and now I’m screwed because I can’t make a change even though my sub hasn’t played yet.

City still hung up 4 even without Haaland. Liverpool are all over the place this last half of the season.
They looked fantastic. That was “Elite Football” as the announcer kept repeating over and over.. Liverpool? No so much. Looked like a streaky mid table team with just a few counter attacks and one really smooth Salah finish.

Reactions: C/O
I like FPL and the way the season goes. Transfers, total points, etc. It is fun. The one thing I wish they would emulate after American fantasy football though is the ability to set lineups as the deadlines being game start. It honestly wouldn’t help THAT much as you really only have one sub on the bench for each positional area (defense, midfield, attack).. but there are times it would help. Like right now, Saka is sitting out with sickness and no one knew until right now and now I’m screwed because I can’t make a change even though my sub hasn’t played yet.
I enjoy FPL a lot. There is tons more strategy involved as opposed to American fantasy football. You have to actually think about it a little vs the I got to draft Mahomes so I will auto win the league. The formations, double game weeks, chips, blanks, transfer rules, points, etc make it much more involved. But as you said, it is rough when you find out you will have a 0 an hour before a match even starts.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I enjoy FPL a lot. There is tons more strategy involved as opposed to American fantasy football. You have to actually think about it a little vs the I got to draft Mahomes so I will auto win the league. The formations, double game weeks, chips, blanks, transfer rules, points, etc make it much more involved. But as you said, it is rough when you find out you will have a 0 an hour before a match even starts.
The deadline is really my only complaint. The rest of it is great.

Congrats, see you are tied for first, you have been killing it lately.

VN Store

Back