Predicted 2021 record for Tennessee football

Predicted wins and losses

• Total voters
6-6.

Having said that, I think they can win as many as 8. Pitt, Mizzou, Carolina, Kentucky could go either way.

Ole miss, I have a tough time seeing because they arguably have the best QB in the conference

I'm taking the safe wager and saying 6-6, but could be 7-5 if we get a lucky bounce in a game.
Too many unknows with new coaches, players, schemes, etc. to say 8-4.

That said, if we get an unlucky bounce and end up 5-7, I won't be disappointed IF our guys are giving the fight in every game for every minute.

We have a better roster than BG, T. Tech, S. Carolina, Ky, S. Alabama, and Vandy. Not saying it will happen, but that should be 6 wins. To get to 8 wins, we'd have to win 2 of these: Pitt, Ole Miss, Florida, Missouri, Georgia, and the Gumps. 8 wins is doable.

Reactions: IndianaVol
We have a better roster than BG, T. Tech, S. Carolina, Ky, S. Alabama, and Vandy. Not saying it will happen, but that should be 6 wins. To get to 8 wins, we'd have to win 2 of these: Pitt, Ole Miss, Florida, Missouri, Georgia, and the Gumps. 8 wins is doable.
Pitt is more likely a win than KY at this point....

Reactions: Frozevol
We have a better roster than Missouri too.

Ky will finish no better than 5th in the east this season, imo.
Heard that before and look what they did to us last year.... KY has consistently been a pretty sound, well coached team the last few years. I don't expect much different this year, they're problem is that we're to them what UF is to us.... typically

Reactions: LittleVol
I just hope our fan base realizes this is a first year head coach (In the SEC) with a brand new team. We will not win the SEC East this year, so please, lets not call for the coaches head after Year 1. Give these guys some time to mesh and create something.
The last 3 coaches underperformed their talent in the first year. Dooley actually came the closest to using what he had. A few who were against those hires anyway started talking about firing the coach. The vast majority though gave a first year pass.

In all honesty, good coaches are good coaches from the start. They get the potential or even more from the rosters they coach. I understand your emotion. But the truth is it will be a really bad sign if Heupel wins less than 6 games with this roster against this schedule. This is a six to 8 win roster against this schedule. You can argue with me or dismiss this idea but this "either/or" type of prediction was very accurate for the last two guys. Both underperformed their rosters in year one. Both were fired and consistently underperformed their rosters.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Heard that before and look what they did to us last year.... KY has consistently been a pretty sound, well coached team the last few years. I don't expect much different this year, they're problem is that we're to them what UF is to us.... typically
They lost the core of their talent. As it was with 10 guys on their roster who have an opportunity to play in the NFL this fall... they went 5-6 and allowed 25.9 ppg while scoring 21.8 ppg. So ask yourself honestly... if they got that result and lost those kinds of players... what's left?

6-6.

Having said that, I think they can win as many as 8. Pitt, Mizzou, Carolina, Kentucky could go either way.

Ole miss, I have a tough time seeing because they arguably have the best QB in the conference
Don't agree with you often... but do here.

I would say 7-5 because I don't think UK will be as good as predicted. I think Ole Miss will be better than expected if they can get improvement on D particularly. But I think you are in the right range. This is a 6-8 win roster against this schedule.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
6-6 is most likely. Will surprise the negavols and just be disappointing enough to the sunshine pumpers.

Just avoid 5-7. It's no man's land. 6-6 gives you something to work with.

6-6.
Although I'd trade all season wins for just one win against, Gumpville.
True. My hope is to be in a position soon to give Bama a real scare. That would be progress in right direction. Then take the next step and win.

Reactions: VFL28
My head says 6-6 is most likely, 7-5 would be great, 8-4 outstanding considering the entire situation/schedule. That being said, I'm an eternal orange optimist so I went with my hear tand chose 8-4. :cool:

I just hope our fan base realizes this is a first year head coach (In the SEC) with a brand new team. We will not win the SEC East this year, so please, lets not call for the coaches head after Year 1. Give these guys some time to mesh and create something.
Let’s get “routes on air” down first.

I'm on board - that 'lucky bounce' I mention would likely be the Pitt game.
That said, I would be over the moon ecstatic if we won a shootout with Mizzou or Ole Miss to go 8-4.

Again though, still tempering my expectations at 6-6 for a first year staff with the amount of roster attrition we have seen.

VN Store

Back