Predicted 2021 record for Tennessee football

Predicted wins and losses

• Total voters
I just hope our fan base realizes this is a first year head coach (In the SEC) with a brand new team. We will not win the SEC East this year, so please, lets not call for the coaches head after Year 1. Give these guys some time to mesh and create something.

I agree, 100%!

But, if after year three and he does what Butch did or even Dooley before him, lets cut bait like we should have with Jones. Anyone who could not see during and after '15 that Butch was not going to be the one, does not need to be involved in football!

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Just don't see the Vols winning the "toss ups" on the road--at least at this stage--so probable losses to Mizzou and Kentucky. Also don't see winning against Pitt at home. New schemes, new systems, and attrition are a lot to overcome. The team will hopefully exceed expectations, in which case a 7-5 season is certainly possible.

Just don't see the Vols winning the "toss ups" on the road--at least at this stage--so probable losses to Mizzou and Kentucky. Also don't see winning against Pitt at home. New schemes, new systems, and attrition are a lot to overcome. The team will hopefully exceed expectations, in which case a 7-5 season is certainly possible.
. Pitt a big game if we lose that one then 5-7 and 4-8 are very likely

6-6 is okay
7-5 is satisfactory
8-4 is COTY type stuff
Agreed ☝️
Think we outscore 1st 3 opponents in wild shoot outs. Start thinking about betting the over on these games now.
KY, Mizzou SC and USA wins would make a great year w maybe a trip to Tampa . Stealing one against the others would indeed be Coach of the year stuff. Will depend on the defensive portal additions imo . Think offense will be ok.

How do you think the Vols will do this season record wise? I’m going with 6-6 with a bowl appearance although 5-7 or even 4-8 wouldn’t surprise me. 7-5 would be above expectations and a great first year for Heupel.

7-5 would not be above expectations and would not be a great first year for Heupel.........LOL.

Reactions: Tallman
How do you think the Vols will do this season record wise? I’m going with 6-6 with a bowl appearance although 5-7 or even 4-8 wouldn’t surprise me. 7-5 would be above expectations and a great first year for Heupel.
I voted 5-7. I think they beat the cupcakes, but drop one of Pitt or South Carolina and win the other.

I just hope our fan base realizes this is a first year head coach (In the SEC) with a brand new team. We will not win the SEC East this year, so please, lets not call for the coaches head after Year 1. Give these guys some time to mesh and create something.
If we go 3-9 then....
200.gif

Jk I feel we all know he has to have some time to try to build and get on the right track

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Agreed ☝️
Think we outscore 1st 3 opponents in wild shoot outs. Start thinking about betting the over on these games now.
KY, Mizzou SC and USA wins would make a great year w maybe a trip to Tampa . Stealing one against the others would indeed be Coach of the year stuff. Will depend on the defensive portal additions imo . Think offense will be ok.
I'm pretty confident we roll into the Florida game undefeated, and if we shock them there, then the sky is the limit.

I am going with a 7 win season as I believe we have enough talent to do so,but injuries could cost us especially on defense!

I'm taking the safe wager and saying 6-6, but could be 7-5 if we get a lucky bounce in a game.
Too many unknows with new coaches, players, schemes, etc. to say 8-4.

That said, if we get an unlucky bounce and end up 5-7, I won't be disappointed IF our guys are giving the fight in every game for every minute.

VN Store

Back