Pre-Spring Rankings

Last year was strange. It seems the entire season was a tryout. CJP was more interested in finding out who had the talent to play what positions, then if we win or lost. Even the offensive coaches seemed to be under evaluation.

This year I want to see a focus on winning. I want to see the stupid penalties stop. No more shooting ourself in the foot. We need to see smarter play across the board.

I feel Chaney will bring discipline to the offense. He will make JG a better QB, or find another. At least Chaney has shown he knows how to do his job. Friend will have to show some improvement in the OL or fans will asking for a refund.

Although we have changed S&C coaches it will have been the second year under a coach with a good reputation. That is enough time to build some bulk, even if our genetics are off. We should win on 3rd and 1-2, aginst most teams.

This will be our second year in the defensive scheme. The time needed on the mental side of the game should be declining, allowing focus on technique. I hope to see us winning more one on one battles. Tackling has to improve. Knock them back, in stead of drag them down.

These things should add a few wins. If we don’t see improvement in discipline, we will have to question the coaching. Things are always sloppy at the beginning of the season. I’ll check in mid season to see where Pruitt is taking us.

7 wins and we get one we should not win.

Reactions: sjt18
You are an eternal optimist. 8 wins is a big stretch. 10? I am not feeling it. But, I hope you are correct.

Well, I can be like some of the posters who claim to be realist and whaler in my self-pity or be an optimist. Don't get me wrong, I don't like losing either, but I am almost sure the young men who play, are feeling waaaay worse than me. I am a fan not a fanatic.

GBO!

I said this before about one of Jones' teams. I see a lot of opportunity in the problems '19 opponents have... I just don't know if UT is good enough to take advantage. There should be a significant improvement from year 1 to year 2... we'll see.

Well, I can be like some of the posters who claim to be realist and whaler in my self-pity or be an optimist. Don't get me wrong, I don't like losing either, but I am almost sure the young men who play, are feeling waaaay worse than me. I am a fan not a fanatic.

GBO!

*waller

Florida is losing almost their whole OL, couple that with a so-so QB and I'm not sold on them being world beaters next year. Whether we are a team who can take advantage of this of course is an entirely different question.

Did you watch Franks the last 3 games? He was anything but "so-so." His end of year stats weren't "so-so." He had the best year for a UF QB since Tebow in 2009. I get that he has played some awful games, including his 2018 games against UGA and Mizzou that were dreadful, but this guy's arm talent, size and athleticism after a season with Mullen, and a second full spring and offseason with Mullen, he may be ready to take off and be really big-time. His end of year three-game stretch against SC (second half), FSU and Michigan was phenomenal. The team was winning because of him, not in spite of him. He's now a redshirt junior and has seen and done it all in the SEC. I think the days of fans (including UF's) calling Franks "so-so" are about to be over.

Regarding the o-line, that's a real concern and a real unknown. There are bodies and potential, and really good coaching, so I think they'll be fine. But that is the only spot where there are any questions.

VN Store

Back