Prayers Needed

Tough post to read brother. I'm pretty young myself at 25. I couldn't imagine what you've been through, going through and unfortunately looks like you will continue to go through. I'm sending up a few words for you man and I hope the hospitals will let the loved ones visit more than this. That actually makes me pretty upset for you. Hang in there and continue to be strong like you have been for your mom and dad both.

You keep your head up and I'm wishing you all the happiness and peace in the future!

Much love,

Ryan

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
The fact that you are asking for God’s intervention means you are already going in the right direction. I will pray that His hand will control all of your and your family’s direction and that He will ease your parents’ suffering.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread and please merge as needed. I wanted to reach out to my fellow Vol family for your thoughts and prayers. Also please ignore the grammar as I am typing and crying at the same time as I write this post.

We recently found out Mothers Day weekend that my mom had Stage 4 cancer. At the time, we thought it was isolated to one particular area and chemo/radiation treatments would be available. About three years ago, my father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma. It spread throughout his body from his neck down to his feet. After 2 rounds of chemotherapy, radiation of his neck, stem cell replacement, and other experimental treatments, Christmas 2019 was a great time as he finally beat cancer for now. My mother has been his biggest fan and supporter throughout this time. Sadly, we received terrible news Friday. My mother was informed she has a rare and extremely aggressive cancer. It has taken over all of her body, especially all of her internal organs. At this time in her life, the doctors said the treatment would only slow it down for a month, but she is only expected to live between a few weeks and 2 months. She is in so much pain, we are not able to see her. She is asleep most of the time because of the medication she is on. I have been able to spend a few hours over the last 2 days, but it isn't enough. I am asking each of you for your thoughts and prayers for us. This has got to be the most difficult time not only in my life but my family's life. I ask for peace, grace, and above all mercy. If you would and feel led to, send an extra prayer to the big man above for us. He knows all of our needs. I am having a difficult time as she was the rock of our family. I don't understand why this is happening and also imaging my mother being taken away at such as young age. Thank you for your kind thoughts and positive energy.

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother

God bless your Mom!

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you and your family. May He turn towards you and grant you His shalom (peace). The Bible says for those of us who know Jesus - He ever lives to make intercession for us!

Last edited:
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread and please merge as needed. I wanted to reach out to my fellow Vol family for your thoughts and prayers. Also please ignore the grammar as I am typing and crying at the same time as I write this post.

We recently found out Mothers Day weekend that my mom had Stage 4 cancer. At the time, we thought it was isolated to one particular area and chemo/radiation treatments would be available. About three years ago, my father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma. It spread throughout his body from his neck down to his feet. After 2 rounds of chemotherapy, radiation of his neck, stem cell replacement, and other experimental treatments, Christmas 2019 was a great time as he finally beat cancer for now. My mother has been his biggest fan and supporter throughout this time. Sadly, we received terrible news Friday. My mother was informed she has a rare and extremely aggressive cancer. It has taken over all of her body, especially all of her internal organs. At this time in her life, the doctors said the treatment would only slow it down for a month, but she is only expected to live between a few weeks and 2 months. She is in so much pain, we are not able to see her. She is asleep most of the time because of the medication she is on. I have been able to spend a few hours over the last 2 days, but it isn't enough. I am asking each of you for your thoughts and prayers for us. This has got to be the most difficult time not only in my life but my family's life. I ask for peace, grace, and above all mercy. If you would and feel led to, send an extra prayer to the big man above for us. He knows all of our needs. I am having a difficult time as she was the rock of our family. I don't understand why this is happening and also imaging my mother being taken away at such as young age. Thank you for your kind thoughts and positive energy.

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother

I hate this so much for you and your family. Cancer is the biggest scourge on earth. I am sending prayers to your family as I type this my brother.

CHRIST JESUS Resurrection. Read The Gospel accounts of this. This is why we have peace in our Lives knowing that CHRIST makes us Whole. " This World is not my home I am just passing through. My Treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the Blue" Prayers for you and your Family.
You got it, brother. I know your pain and have been where you are right now. Just know that this world is not our home and you and your family will rejoice with your mom again one day. I am praying for you..

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother
This type of request is NEVER in the wrong thread.
I will do my best to meet your request. Though I humble effort can do little to help you and your family, just know I am trying.

Myself, and I'm sure all of VN, send out big prayers to you and your mother.

God's got ya!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Found out my mother has lung cancer (bout number 3) a few weeks ago .
Work out of town and was asked to come home by her so did a flight back for Mother’s Day .
Radiation 5 days a week and chemo 1 day for 6-7 weeks then a year of breathing treatments.

Reactions: sameolvol

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother
Add my prayers, thoughts, and deepest sympathy for you and all your family. As you're reading through this site, it seems that, simply as humans, all of us inevitably have to suffer these heart wrenching tragedies. And also, that all us brothers & sister's in Christ are genuinely feeling some of your pain with you, that you're not ... and never will be ... alone.
We lost my Dad to esophagal cancer when he was just 55 (back in 1979) and my Mom in 2016. Both suffered horribly & for a long time. Now, I'm on the UNOS heart transplant list. If I can't get a compatible heart within the next 3 or 4 months, I can't make it. 'Scared? No. Not at all. It is well with my soul. My heart aches for my loved ones who'll so deeply miss me; for those tears & fears that'll affect them. Your Mom certainly must feel likewise about you all. Remember this, brother: YOUR FAMILY'S CIRCLE WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!
When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be...........

Reactions: Hacksaw

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother
Add my prayers, thoughts, and deepest sympathy for you and all your family. As you're reading through this site, it seems that, simply as humans, all of us inevitably have to suffer these heart wrenching tragedies. And also, that all us brothers & sister's in Christ are genuinely feeling some of your pain with you, that you're not ... and never will be ... alone.
We lost my Dad to esophagal cancer when he was just 55 (back in 1979) and my Mom in 2016. Both suffered horribly & for a long time. Now, I'm on the UNOS heart transplant list. If I can't get a compatible heart within the next 3 or 4 months, I can't make it. 'Scared? No. Not at all. It is well with my soul. My heart aches for my loved ones who'll so deeply miss me; for those tears & fears that'll affect them. Your Mom certainly must feel likewise about you all. Remember this, brother: YOUR FAMILY'S CIRCLE WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!
When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be...........

VN Store

Back