Prayers Needed

ButchBettaBeGone

From 12-0 in off season to 0-12 after one game
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread and please merge as needed. I wanted to reach out to my fellow Vol family for your thoughts and prayers. Also please ignore the grammar as I am typing and crying at the same time as I write this post.

We recently found out Mothers Day weekend that my mom had Stage 4 cancer. At the time, we thought it was isolated to one particular area and chemo/radiation treatments would be available. About three years ago, my father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma. It spread throughout his body from his neck down to his feet. After 2 rounds of chemotherapy, radiation of his neck, stem cell replacement, and other experimental treatments, Christmas 2019 was a great time as he finally beat cancer for now. My mother has been his biggest fan and supporter throughout this time. Sadly, we received terrible news Friday. My mother was informed she has a rare and extremely aggressive cancer. It has taken over all of her body, especially all of her internal organs. At this time in her life, the doctors said the treatment would only slow it down for a month, but she is only expected to live between a few weeks and 2 months. She is in so much pain, we are not able to see her. She is asleep most of the time because of the medication she is on. I have been able to spend a few hours over the last 2 days, but it isn't enough. I am asking each of you for your thoughts and prayers for us. This has got to be the most difficult time not only in my life but my family's life. I ask for peace, grace, and above all mercy. If you would and feel led to, send an extra prayer to the big man above for us. He knows all of our needs. I am having a difficult time as she was the rock of our family. I don't understand why this is happening and also imaging my mother being taken away at such as young age. Thank you for your kind thoughts and positive energy.

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread and please merge as needed. I wanted to reach out to my fellow Vol family for your thoughts and prayers. Also please ignore the grammar as I am typing and crying at the same time as I write this post.

We recently found out Mothers Day weekend that my mom had Stage 4 cancer. At the time, we thought it was isolated to one particular area and chemo/radiation treatments would be available. About three years ago, my father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma. It spread throughout his body from his neck down to his feet. After 2 rounds of chemotherapy, radiation of his neck, stem cell replacement, and other experimental treatments, Christmas 2019 was a great time as he finally beat cancer for now. My mother has been his biggest fan and supporter throughout this time. Sadly, we received terrible news Friday. My mother was informed she has a rare and extremely aggressive cancer. It has taken over all of her body, especially all of her internal organs. At this time in her life, the doctors said the treatment would only slow it down for a month, but she is only expected to live between a few weeks and 2 months. She is in so much pain, we are not able to see her. She is asleep most of the time because of the medication she is on. I have been able to spend a few hours over the last 2 days, but it isn't enough. I am asking each of you for your thoughts and prayers for us. This has got to be the most difficult time not only in my life but my family's life. I ask for peace, grace, and above all mercy. If you would and feel led to, send an extra prayer to the big man above for us. He knows all of our needs. I am having a difficult time as she was the rock of our family. I don't understand why this is happening and also imaging my mother being taken away at such as young age. Thank you for your kind thoughts and positive energy.

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother

It can be overwhelming watching a loved one suffer. Lost my Dad in 1983 to Lymphonia which took three years to take him. He was 57 when he died and we were at his bedside. The the treatment ravaged his 6'3 230 body. The ups and downs of good reports and optimism only to be followed by bad news was emotionally exhausting. Missed all the times we would have shared especially with reflecting, sharing family and grandkids. You have such a short time in which to tell them how much you love and appreciate them and the sacrifices they made in raising you. I hope they gave you that foundation in faith because that is the only thing that sustains. You and your family certainly have our prayers for comfort and peace.

I know your feelings all to well. In 2010 my mom was hospitalized for a few days due to what THEY called phenomena after seeing a small spot on her lungs. She died in in front of my eyes in 2011 as a result of stage 4 lung cancer. Makes me feel like it was cancer all along and she’d still be with us today if they’d have only have did a biopsy. My prayers are with you and keep your head up.

Reactions: malinoisvol

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother

Lean on god he will help you through this. Sending prayers up for you and your family.

Prayers sent on your behalf. I know your loss and pain. Hang in there. I wish I could tell you things will be alright but that would be a lie. I still miss my Dad. Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers. What you and your family are going through is tough beyond belief.

Sorry to hear this. I lost my Mom 16 months ago after a long period of serious health complications. Even though she was dealing with several life-threatening illnesses, you go on thinking that she will pull through again and again and I don't think you can ever really prepare yourself for the loss. I find it helps to remind myself how grateful I am to have had such an awesome Mom (not everyone does and they are far less fortunate than I am). I know she would want me to continue to live my life and be happy. Lean on your family and be strong for them and you'll get through it.

Sending prayers to you and your family for peace. I lost my mom and dad almost 2 years apart back in 2013. Spend as much time as you can with your mom and love her.

Lost my mom and dad in a similar fashion. No easy answers but as many have stated better than I can: Keep God first and last and tell your family how much you love and care. I have added you and yours to my prayer list and will continue to send them up to the big vol in the sky often.

Life hands us a rough go sometimes but the Lord is preparing us for something much better. Never forget that. I am going through some of the same issues right now and life has ground to a halt (besides coronavirus) but the Lord will bless us for our service to our parents.

I lost my Mom when I was 14 and my Dad at 18. Mom was 50 years ago. I am always a little envious of those folks who get to know their parents into their adult lives and get to share their children with them. But, I always feel like they are with me and my boys. God bless you and your family. Miracles do happen.

Sincerely,
Fellow Vol Brother
Prayers sent up for your mother,Butch

VN Store

Back