Practice 1 Updates 3.21

I am a JG fan because of his extra weapon, his legs. Dormady has never impressed me but I will back the winner, but my gut tells me Dormady will start the season and be replaced by JG. Of course that means another bad start.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks Fingers! It is refreshing to see this... a few days of excitement then........ WAIT AGAIN!

Go Vols!

Number 7 is one of the biggest kids on the field and his foot work and stance.... I thought "who the hell is that"... what do ya know....

McBride is smallish at 6'1, 195.....I don't think you're seeing what you think you're seeing.

Last edited:
I am a JG fan because of his extra weapon, his legs. Dormady has never impressed me but I will back the winner, but my gut tells me Dormady will start the season and be replaced by JG. Of course that means another bad start.

No offense to Dormady but he's not impressed me either with his passing or running in his limited playing time. I don't understand how they recruited and signed a kid with limited running skills for this offense. He's Worley or Petterman 2.0. He can probably play at this level but he would be much better fit in a pro style passing offense.

JG can run and throw and that fits this offense much better. Additionally, I would like to see more of Jones he can run and throw too and as a DT QB, he can make this offense go.

I think Dormandy transfers if he doesn't win the starting job. Maybe, JG will win the starting job in this spring, and Dormady can spare us the QB controversy this fall as we all know that Butch has mismanaged this position in the past, I would like to avoid history repeating itself.

Either way UT needs a DT QB to make this offense go, and step up and replace Dobbs as a leader on this team, JG seems like the logic choice.

Reactions: 1 person
No offense to Dormady but he's not impressed me either with his passing or running in his limited playing time. I don't understand how they recruited and signed a kid with limited running skills for this offense. He's Worley or Petterman 2.0. He can probably play at this level but he would be much better fit in a pro style passing offense.

JG can run and throw and that fits this offense much better. Additionally, I would like to see more of Jones he can run and throw too and as a DT QB, he can make this offense go.

I think Dormandy transfers if he doesn't win the starting job. Maybe, JG will win the starting job in this spring, and Dormady can spare us the QB controversy this fall as we all know that Butch has mismanaged this position in the past, I would like to avoid history repeating itself.

Either way UT needs a DT QB to make this offense go, and step up and replace Dobbs as a leader on this team, JG seems like the logic choice.

You know Peterman turned out to be a very good college QB, with a chance to make it in the NFL, don't you?

Reactions: 4 people

Tell me how you know JG is a better DT qb? QD's hs numbers were better and he played in Texas.

Reactions: 3 people
Tell me how you know JG is a better DT qb? QD's hs numbers were better and he played in Texas.
He played for his Daddy in Texas. He has failed to win a starting QB job at the collegiate level when his father had no influence. He truly is competing this year and he'll become better for it or fall by the wayside.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch Jones has a proclivity of making the wrong decision whether its personel or gameplan associated. I expect him to pick the wrong QB to start. Then the right QB will save the season. Guarantano is that right QB.

If Butch Jones makes this mistake that I am predicting, he should be fired.

If Couch Jones has done what many, (on here) think, will he "make the decision" on a starting QB, or listen to his staff and make a decision based on the overall staff thoughts? Many things will play into this choice, from O line, to receiver improvement, running back block protection, and so forth and so on . I just think input from the offense staff, as it relates to their group, is going to play into who is the best fit, maybe not just best at throwing or passing or reading, ect., but best fit for team ability at the start of season. These dynamics could change with a little time for the whole offense after a few games. Then a change could come. Its good to have two excellent guys (it seems) at this position for a change.

Last edited:
He played for his Daddy in Texas. He has failed to win a starting QB job at the collegiate level when his father had no influence. He truly is competing this year and he'll become better for it or fall by the wayside.

In my opinion (which ain't worth much) very few guys would have beat out Dobbs.

She lies and says she's in love with him,
Can't find a........

Reactions: 5 people

Did his "daddy" also rate him a 4 star prospect and one of the top prostyle QBs in the country. Iirc, that was Jon Gruden at Tennessee's qb camp evaluating and "signing off" on Dormady to Jones which led to his offer and eventual signing, not "daddy".

Nobody was beating Dobbs out last year, not QD, not Sheriron Jones, not JG, not anybody.

Why the animus against a kid who's very talented and done nothing other than put his head down, work very hard and carry himself very well since coming to Knoxville? I don't get it Remy.

Reactions: 10 people
McBride is smallish at 6'1, 195.....I don't think you're seeing what you think you're seeing.

Maybe it's just the perspective, maybe those measurements were taken before the ROCK got a hold of him, Maybe he IS young and growing into his body, but he jumped off the screen to me. Got a set of guns on him. :machgun:

I think the QD JG argument is ridiculous because they look and throw a lot a like. They are even built a like... long, lean, athletic. The ball comes out of thier hands like it's running in fear. They both do quick power passes (Before I though JG more of a finesse guy until I saw him toss it around on video). They will be running the same Offense, which will be built around the O line, no doubt about it. This will be a pro style attack this year, no high school woopsie doo's.

It's amazing. D4H can turn a thread about our first spring practice into a thread entirely about himself with one insane statement.

By amazing, I mean "completely expected" and "predictable."

VN Store

Back