Potpourri

Rooster entry for driving in your car fast…it’s perfect, crank it up and let it play through till end..”Ahead while I’m driving, I’m driving”……..imagine you are in a rag top and cruising listening to this, open skies and foot on the pedal….”Ahead while I’m driving, I’m driving”…

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Guys, I know this is not music, but I came across this and other videos of fans reaction when the kick went through the uprights and the state of Tennessee went wild.....

As it happened, one of my dogs had to go outside to relieve himself right before the kick heard around the college football world was going to take place....He was a little slow, and I was trying to encourage him to hurry so I could get back in to see the kick....

And then it happened.....From every house around me, I heard loud screaming and joyful laughter and extreme jubilation....People just came running out of their houses screaming, going every which way cheering, and in some cases, crying happy tears....

I knew the many years of frustration and disappointments had finally ended....The tide had been drained.....

Played this song, and other hot rod songs, through my PA system while driving my ambulance, instead of the siren like I was supposed too....

When the traffic wasn't too bad, I would have my attendant pop in the 8 track I had connected to our PA system and let her rip...This song had the sirens in it, so it went extra fine coming through the PA system.....

Of course, I got reported by the public for whatever, but I didn't care, the song sounded so great blasting away down the streets, it was a must for this EMT...

Another goody was Thunder Road (listed earlier) played through my PA system too....It was a hoot...I really enjoyed driving my ambulance with hot rod car music blasting away.......

Several times at the scene a cop would tell me they love my music.....I'd tell them I do requests...
should-I-call-an-ambulance2-fb.jpg

Played this song, and other hot rod songs, through my PA system while driving my ambulance, instead of the siren like I was supposed too....

When the traffic wasn't too bad, I would have my attendant pop in the 8 track I had connected to our PA system and let her rip...This song had the sirens in it, so it went extra fine coming through the PA system.....

Of course, I got reported by the public for whatever, but I didn't care, the song sounded so great blasting away down the streets, it was a must for this EMT...

Another goody was Thunder Road (listed earlier) played through my PA system too....It was a hoot...I really enjoyed driving my ambulance with hot rod car music blasting away.......

Several times at the scene a cop would tell me they love my music.....I'd tell them I do requests...
should-I-call-an-ambulance2-fb.jpg
Great Story. Just for that, you get rewarded with another great fast rollin road trip song:

Reactions: GameTime
Bruce made an argument, and so did David Lee...but can't argue with the quintessential fast-driving song.

Bonus version with Sammy fronting VH:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
Great Story. Just for that, you get rewarded with another great fast rollin road trip song:

Al, when my bride and I drove from San Diego to Knoxville, I found several route 66 signs along the way...Of course, I took several detours to make sure she got her kicks on route 66....

I have some great pictures of her standing by several route 66 signs...She was just smiling away...So damn happy to find a 66 sign....To her they were lost treasures...I'd call her Buzz, and she would call me Tod to make the fantasy complete....

We stopped at an old restaurant on 66 and my bride wore out the old couples ears that ran the place with so many questions about what it once was like to live and work on 66......They didn't even charge us for the meal, but I left them a 50 dollar tip just the same...They were great people, so anxious to share!
1022174-route--in-california.jpg

We also went to Roswell New Mexico to see the Alien Museum...My bride was really into all that weird stuff....She ate it up with a spoon....We must have spent 3 hours, or more, in there....I could have done the place in 7 minutes, or less.

She bought several keepsakes from the museum for her chest of memorabilia....Sometimes I get them out and remember...Each item has a fun story attached to it.....

Each picture of her taken at the museum has her smiling ear to ear...The girl could not take a bad picture; great dimples...

RoswellUFOMuseum.jpg

Al, when my bride and I drove from San Diego to Knoxville, I found several route 66 signs along the way...Of course, I took several detours to make sure she got her kicks on route 66....

I have some great pictures of her standing by several route 66 signs...She was just smiling away...So damn happy to find a 66 sign....To her they were lost treasures...I'd call her Buzz, and she would call me Tod to make the fantasy complete....

We stopped at an old restaurant on 66 and my bride wore out the old couples ears that ran the place with so many questions about what it once was like to live and work on 66......They didn't even charge us for the meal, but I left them a 50 dollar tip just the same...They were great people, so anxious to share!
1022174-route--in-california.jpg

NIce story, GT. Good times.

In 59, I was a 10 year old, and my family drove cross country from Tennessee to CA. We caught Rt 66 in Oklahoma City and rode it all the way to LA. There were no interstates then. We went to the Grand Canyon, Petrified forest, etc. along the way. Great memories. Much later in life, I dated a woman from Flagstaff. Even more great memories of Rt 66. Go my way, take the highway that's the best.

NIce story, GT. Good times.

In 59, I was a 10 year old, and my family drove cross country from Tennessee to CA. We caught Rt 66 in Oklahoma City and rode it all the way to LA. There were no interstates then. We went to the Grand Canyon, Petrified forest, etc. along the way. Great memories. Much later in life, I dated a woman from Flagstaff. Even more great memories of Rt 66. Go my way, take the highway that's the best.

In 59 I was under water, under belly and under production

VN Store

Back