Potpourri

Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief, having it once doesn't guarantee you won't get it again. Also, beware that many people who've had the seemingly minor symptom of loss of the sense of smell have reported as having later developed a bizarre sensory aversion to certain foods. For instance, a lifelong chocolate lover might suddenly find that chocolate smells and tastes like rotten eggs. Or the scent of something normally lovely and fragrant like lavender suddenly smells like rotting meat. There are many, many cases of this happening, so beware.
Adverse events from this disease can present weeks or months after the date of infection. The epidemiology of Covid is still being studied. One of the latest problems being studied is new cases of diabetes are being diagnosed in 14.4 % of people studied. Data on the duration are unknown, but both type 1 and Type 2 cases have been detected. These people will continue to be followed to obtain better data.

Adverse events from this disease can present weeks or months after the date of infection. The epidemiology of Covid is still being studied. One of the latest problems being studied is new cases of diabetes are being diagnosed in 14.4 % of people studied. Data on the duration are unknown, but both type 1 and Type 2 cases have been detected. These people will continue to be followed to obtain better data.

It will be interesting to see if these diagnoses are the chicken or the egg? Covid hits people with diabetes harder on average. My theory might be that these are undiagnosed cases of diabetes that are discovered concurrent to their Covid experience but not necessarily caused by it.

It will be interesting to see if these diagnoses are the chicken or the egg? Covid hits people with diabetes harder on average. My theory might be that these are undiagnosed cases of diabetes that are discovered concurrent to their Covid experience but not necessarily caused by it.
It could be. We will have to wait and see what the data show.

I used to have a pair of those (just a couple shades lighter). Only pair of boots I ever wore with a suit.

Love your hard-boiled accounts. If your granddads were Hammett and Chandler, your daddy must have been John MacDonald, uncles Mickey Spillane, James M.Cain, and Jim Thompson, and first cousins Elmore Leonard and Robert Parker.

Last edited:
IzQ-H-9gIAHAUrlxWJQhRLY0b5Ued0GaN5swW6umQ1bJIPl94qbDD77Ru53zzl2bIkDtYcmXszAhPk17v6MCMqLSfFIdAyQuFzLGiYNwmbnRvj2ExKC640AV

Last edited:
Without going into a lot of detail, my employer got his money, I got my boots back, but never wore them again...Gave them to a friend.

Hard to get certain stains out of those Dingos. ;)

GT, I sincerely wish (hope) that you would write down your experiences (or work with a co-writer) and publish them. As a big fan of literature (and hard-boiled crime fiction), I truly admire your ways with words. I'd pre-order the book!

Highly recommend Max Allen Collins' Nate Heller series. Written in first-person, laconic style like your true-life accounts.

Reactions: GameTime
A possibility that only three teams will get byes in a SEC Tourney with the Vandy opt out. There might also not be an opening round but instead have 10 teams play five games on the first tourney day. Those five teams would then join the three bye teams to play the next round then the semi-finals and final. This would mean on day one team 4 versus team 13, team 5 versus team 12, team 6 versus team 11 team 7 versus team 10, teams 8 versus team 9. The second day would be winner of team 4 and 13 plays winner of 5 and 12, winner of 6 and 11 plays bye 3 winner of 7 and 10 plays bye 2 winner of 8 and 9 plays bye 1. Winner of 1,8,9 plays winner of 1,13,5,12. Winner of 1,7,10 plays winner of 3,6,11. Then the two teams left standing meet for the title. I don't know if they will go this way but 13 causes some big problems from the usual format.

It'll last until I'm in the cross-hairs again. You know how this site is GT
Just take a breath and get back to posting the good feeling posts that define you.

9fb446384e0ca0cffc47a37e5c730de7.jpg

Reactions: GameTime
It'll last until I'm in the cross-hairs again. You know how this site is GT
Just take a breath and get back to posting the good feeling posts that define you.

9fb446384e0ca0cffc47a37e5c730de7.jpg

Hell of nice a post by you....
Looks like I had forgot what a good guy you are....

Jimmy Buffett's got us all covered...
Quotation-Jimmy-Buffett-It-s-those-changes-in-latitudes-changes-in-attitudes-nothing-102-81-60.jpg

VN Store

Back