Potpourri

oops, turns out that home "IS" in a HOA... it didn't show that on the site I found it on yesterday.. But, it is not the same hoa as the 1st house and I like the house much better.

If they allow Bammers then the HOA standards are quite low.

well, it didn't matter anyway. Wifey wouldn't up her price 5k and while she was waiting a decision from the seller she found another house she liked better(and 66K) cheaper. It is very nice but there is a huge amount of yardwork to be done to keep it up.. I wonder how she is going to do it after I take off for Missouri? lol

drove 700 miles today with a little weiner dog sitting on my lap most of the way. Pickup truck was loaded to the max with "Wifey's junk". I'll turn around in two or three days and go get another load. After we go to settlement, I'll rent a 26ft box truck to bring the heavy stuff. I am looking for a 20 ft enclosed trailer to hook to my pickup, but so many of those things get stolen that I'm not buying anything new or expensive... it only has to last a couple of trips across Flawdaa.

the latest from gule central...

Took another load of glass & fragile items out to Pensacola and with creative packing managed to not crack a single thing. Stuck it all into a storage unit and now am back in Cutler Bay. Rented a trailer from UHAUL. for $30 a day if I returned it to origin. $700 if it was a one way drop off. So, cheap as I am I rented it on Saturday, packed it all out to the max along with my pickup. On Sunday, drove to Pensacola. Monday, unloaded it all and left to return the trailer. Got back @ 3:30 pm on Tuesday. Only cost $120 plus cost of gas to make the 1500 mile trip.

Settlement is scheduled for Sept 4th.

The saga continues! lol

Reactions: krichunaka
My DIL is a dog groomer and joined a 'Pom' group online. The theme was Woodstock so I present Garcia the tie dyed dancing bear. The coloring is vegetable based, so no harm to the dog physically, but mentally he is scarred with each contest.

mHvyQSn.png

Last edited:
Reactions: gule
Does Tennessee have a site where WBB fans can go to to watch games from the past (archives), games that include the three consecutive championship teams of the mid 1990's and the Parker championship teams? If so, how do I access it? The only games of those teams that I saw were those televised on network television and not many of those.

15 days, 2 trips back and forth to pensacola from miami. one hurricane, 4 days without power, but the OLE GULE will survive!

Settling in to the new house..... worked my arse off.

Reactions: krichunaka
15 days, 2 trips back and forth to pensacola from miami. one hurricane, 4 days without power, but the OLE GULE will survive!

Settling in to the new house..... worked my arse off.

Are you sill going to buy some land and move to Missouri?

sorry for the late response but I'm still busier than a bee on crack! I still plan to get a place in Shannon county, Mo. It won't be for a while though. After these past 4 months of stress and non stop activity, ole Gule needs to take care of #1. I have a hernia operation to undergo and a few things to fix here after the hurricane. Wifey has driven me half crazy with changes she wants to do to this place... Damn, why buy a place if you don't like what it is? We lost trees all over the neighborhood in the storm so it sure changed the view here. I've started planting a winter garden to at least make use of the new open spaces! lol

Well. good news and bad news. Bad first. the south side neighbor's property line has 3 huge oak trees that are dying and two of them have limbs overhanging our fenced in backyard. The top is broken on one and lodged in one of our trees. According to Flawdaa's crappy laws, those limbs are our problem. What is really bad is there is no easy access to our back yard for a bucket truck. We have to find a tree service that has a "spider" lift machine. 3 different companies have given us quotes and work proposals and they are way way way out of line with each other. So, now I have to go tell the neighbors that those trees are either coming down the easy way thru his/her property or we will butcher them up to suit us.

The good news, I found a 47 acre place in Missouri.. Have to arrange a trip to go see it asap.

Had COVID this week. It was so mild I didn’t even realize I was sick until almost a week in. Definitely part of why it spreads so readily. Many of us hardly felt ill! Had an upset stomach to start with, then a very mild fever a few days later. Then no symptoms at all for 5 days. Then Saturday I woke up a bit congested with absolutely no smell and no taste. Today marks day 13 since onset of symptoms. Very very mild for me thankfully. I’m essentially back to normal except my sense of smell is still diminished.

Wonder if they can have more fans if we can prove we’ve already had it?

Had COVID this week. It was so mild I didn’t even realize I was sick until almost a week in. Definitely part of why it spreads so readily. Many of us hardly felt ill! Had an upset stomach to start with, then a very mild fever a few days later. Then no symptoms at all for 5 days. Then Saturday I woke up a bit congested with absolutely no smell and no taste. Today marks day 13 since onset of symptoms. Very very mild for me thankfully. I’m essentially back to normal except my sense of smell is still diminished.

Wonder if they can have more fans if we can prove we’ve already had it?

That is the scary thing about COVID. You could not realize you have it and go on with your every day business and spread to folks that are more vulnerable and get really sick.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back