Potpourri

haven't bought a home yet in Pensacola but Wifey & MIL are driving over Monday to check out a few possibles! I will be staying here to complete packing up the house hold! one house we like is in Pace Fl. just north east of Pensacola. It just came on the market today and I hope it's still available when Wifey gets there. :) It will be close to the Naval air station though so plane noise will have to be a consideration.

They rarely do night flights....I was stationed at Corry NTTC, next to NAS for over a year. I was there for AIT training (Advanced Individual Training) as an 05k10 ...Loved the pure white beaches and mix of Fla-Ala weather....I was there during hurricane Fredrick,,,The thing sounded like a freight train when it hit land.

good Lord, I'm tired!

All the Wifey's Lladros figurines, antique mirrors, crystal, china and precious glassware are packed up and loaded into my pickup until I can take a ride over to Pensacola. I don't have room for the glass table tops so they will have to be on a second load. We don't trust movers to take that kind of stuff and get it there in one piece. Wifey has glass to protect the wood top surface of every table, dresser, etc that she owns. Probably has $6,000 worth of glass to cover $1,000 dollars worth of furniture. lol

oops, I almost forgot her antique mantle clock from the early 1800's. it's still in working order but I hate winding the damn thing so it is mostly decorative. lol. Nobody wants antiques anymore except Wifey & her momma.

Reactions: krichunaka
found a nice pre-foreclosure property at 385 Citation dr. Cantonment, fl. Cash talks so we'll see how much the owner is willing to go. lol

Reactions: volnationnj
Look at Carol Burnette and Robin Williams, funeral; Carol Burnette and Tim Conway and the Elephant story. Good clean fun!
Tim Conway improvising that segment is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, but Vicki Lawrence's comment at the end really tops it off.

Well, Wifey has done it again. Found a house she likes that is over-priced, in a awkward lot with a large tax rate.. I just don't know how she does it!!!!! :(

I looked at it on-line as she was telling me about it and asked her how steep was the driveway down toward the attached garage(looks like at least 8ft.) and she didn't know. I asked her how far the property extended into the jungle behind the back deck, she had no ideal. I asked her how in the hell would her mom access the garage since she is unstable walking and stairs are a big problem even for me(I'm getting old) Last but not least, there was no pool which she has said was a priority.
But, she loves the kitchen! lol and it has a pretty front door.... Lord help me!

Reactions: volnationnj
Well, Wifey has done it again. Found a house she likes that is over-priced, in a awkward lot with a large tax rate.. I just don't know how she does it!!!!! :(

I looked at it on-line as she was telling me about it and asked her how steep was the driveway down toward the attached garage(looks like at least 8ft.) and she didn't know. I asked her how far the property extended into the jungle behind the back deck, she had no ideal. I asked her how in the hell would her mom access the garage since she is unstable walking and stairs are a big problem even for me(I'm getting old) Last but not least, there was no pool which she has said was a priority.
But, she loves the kitchen! lol and it has a pretty front door.... Lord help me!

Sounds like the sister of my ex-wife!
I feel you, g

It has been that way forever,,,Men are about function and women are about aesthetics

ftr Our 1st house in NJ was next door to a pizza store. 2nd was on a 2 acre lot surrounded by farm fields that has soon as we bought it, the property on both sides of us were quickly turned into mc mansions. 3rd house she picked in Fl. was next door to a family who had farm animals(goats and horses that they didn't feed and let get out all the time. 4th, we sold that house and moved into a larger house with a pool, that we rebuilt and added a mother in-law addition. All of these places were her picks and I let her do it because I love her,,,

I'm tired of fixing crappy houses and living in crowded places.

As soon as I get her and her mom settled in pensacola, I'm finding a 30+ acre worn out old farm and settling up a rv/camper/tent/ whatever in shannon county Mo. area and never leaving. if she wants to find me after her mom passes she'll know where to start.

ftr Our 1st house in NJ was next door to a pizza store. 2nd was on a 2 acre lot surrounded by farm fields that has soon as we bought it, the property on both sides of us were quickly turned into mc mansions. 3rd house she picked in Fl. was next door to a family who had farm animals(goats and horses that they didn't feed and let get out all the time. 4th, we sold that house and moved into a larger house with a pool, that we rebuilt and added a mother in-law addition. All of these places were her picks and I let her do it because I love her,,,

I'm tired of fixing crappy houses and living in crowded places.

As soon as I get her and her mom settled in pensacola, I'm finding a 30+ acre worn out old farm and settling up a rv/camper/tent/ whatever in shannon county Mo. area and never leaving. if she wants to find me after her mom passes she'll know where to start.

I know just what you mean...I live in a small complex in Pigeon Forge, where the mountains, waterfalls, variety theaters and solace is my backyard...anther 10 or so years and I will retire and start enjoying my surroundings
20200708_194035.jpg

Last edited:
yea! Wifey's house pick deal fell thru! Turns out the HOA it is in is a total bitch about what you can and can't do and even Wifey couldn't put up with that kind of bull crap! I found her another house not in a HOA and she and the MIL looked at it yesterday with their realtor. I don't know why that realtor can't locate houses there faster than I can? I'm busy packing all day... well half the day. lol Wifey is putting in a cash bid today so wish her luck ... This new place has a pool, big backyard and overlooks a small lake. The pics of the house shows that somebody there was a Alabama fan. Roll Tide banners and a game room painted red! that will change quick! lol

oops, turns out that home "IS" in a HOA... it didn't show that on the site I found it on yesterday.. But, it is not the same hoa as the 1st house and I like the house much better.

Well the trustees see no problem with KL remaining on the board. I would have thought she would get the hell out of our business but the board chairman has not got the balls to let her go! Smells bad to me!

Reactions: Benionsopinion
8ea1465d7c92c7e707debcbecf80064f.png

Reactions: Benionsopinion

VN Store

Back