Potpourri

GameTime

A thread to catch a little of everything that is going on with the members of the Lady Vol Forum....Does not have to be connected with Lady Vol basketball, but please, no hooray for UConn recruiting posts either...

The storm last night was a real doozy.....My two dogs got extremely close to me, as the lightning flashed and the thunder roared...I'd pet their heads and rub their backs, to calm them down. They just looked up at me with those big brown eyes, as if to let me know we're all in this together.......

I have some birds nesting in a few bushes out in front of my house....I checked on them this morning and they were all good....When I peaked into one of the bushes this morning, mama bird was still sitting proudly on her nest....I believe she gave me the thumbs up sign, only with the raising of her wing.

Like all of you, I've watched a lot of television and movies the last few weeks...In the movie Aliens, the marine named Vasquez is played by a Jewish girl named Jenette Goldstein...It was her first role....She was so effective as a Latino, Cameron Crowe, the director, rewarded her as Janelle, the foster mother of John Connor, in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. In that film, she looks nothing like Vasquez...The girl is a real Chameleon, unrecognizable from role to role.
b46bef76156612cc7d40baf5ce9be822.jpg

Terminator-2-Jenette-Goldstein.jpg

OK, I'll start the first endeavor...most cherished sports memorabilia.
(must have pic to validate...)

A thread to catch a little of everything that is going on with the members of the Lady Vol Forum....Does not have to be connected with Lady Vol basketball, but please, no hooray for UConn recruiting posts either...

The storm last night was a real doozy.....My two dogs got extremely close to me, as the lightning flashed and the thunder roared...I'd pet their heads and rub their backs, to calm them down. They just looked up at me with those big brown eyes, as if to let me know we're all in this together.......

I have some birds nesting in a few bushes out in front of my house....I checked on them this morning and they were all good....When I peaked into one of the bushes this morning, mama bird was still sitting proudly on her nest....I believe she gave me the thumbs up sign, only with the raising of her wing.

Like all of you, I've watched a lot of television and movies the last few weeks...In the movie Aliens, the marine named Vasquez is played by a Jewish girl named Jenette Goldstein...It was her first role....She was so effective as a Latino, Cameron Crowe, the director, rewarded her as Janelle, the foster mother of John Connor, in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. In that film, she looks nothing like Vasquez...The girl is a real Chameleon, unrecognizable from role to role.

Wow. Never would've guessed that was the same actress. Good info

She vaguely resembles Adrienne Barbeaux. Don't know if I spelled last name right.
🐈 cat was real restless last night with the Storm. Fortunately we were blessed with no damage. I'm bored 😒 too. Working puzzle books and hopping in the car for a drive just to get out of the house. Not much of a TV watcher except sports and DVD old movies. Volnation makes a good posting place since I
don't do Twitter or Facebook. Done more praying and Bible reading . Everyone hang in there and maybe things will lighten up

She vaguely resembles Adrienne Barbeaux. Don't know if I spelled last name right.
🐈 cat was real restless last night with the Storm. Fortunately we were blessed with no damage. I'm bored 😒 too. Working puzzle books and hopping in the car for a drive just to get out of the house. Not much of a TV watcher except sports and DVD old movies. Volnation makes a good posting place since I
don't do Twitter or Facebook. Done more praying and Bible reading . Everyone hang in there and maybe things will lighten up

I collect old movies for a pasttime now....I like to find those hidden gems...the ones nobody has ever heard of, that are sensational.

One example is "Nick of Time" It is the only movie that I can think of where Johnny Depp played a straightlaced, non-quirked role.

Interesting tid bit....

In the movie Top Gun, in 1978 I got pulled over by a cop in the very spot that the Cruise character pulls over his motorcycle to meet Charlie, his instructor and love interest in the film....

This was 8 years before the movie was made...When I saw the movie, I was stunned at that scene....I knew that spot all too well.....The hill right behind them is called Laurel Hill...It is the steepest grade hill in San Diego...I grew up on Reynard Way, which is at the bottom of Laurel Hill to the right...
004.png

Last edited:
I collect old movies for a pasttime now....I like to find those hidden gems...the ones nobody has ever heard of, that are sensational.

One example is "Nick of Time" It is the only movie that I can think of where Johnny Depp played a straightlaced, non-quirked role.

Looks like a great movie 👍

Reactions: GameTime
Interesting tid bit....

In the movie Top Gun, in 1978 I got pulled over by a cop in the very spot that the Cruise character pulls over his motorcycle to meet Charlie, his instructor and love interest in the film....

This was 8 years before the movie was made...When I saw the movie, I was stunned at that scene....I knew that spot all too well.The hill right behind them is called Laurel Hill...It is the steepest grade hill in San Diego...I grew up on Reynard Way, which is at the bottom of Laurel Hill to the right...
004.png

That also looks like a segment of "Fletch", where he is driving the Triumph Spider convertible...do you know the scene?

Okay, I was going to put this on the Happy Easter thread but was afraid it might be a little sacreligious.
So when singing Christ The Lord Is Risen Today yesterday, without the choir, to the IPad, it became starkly evident that I am a horrible singer and that song jumps every which way. We actually got the giggles we were so bad which really ruins the whole experience of the song. It is not like I have’t sung that song every Easter since I could read!
Anybody else notice that? I have a new appreciation for the choir!

Reactions: mssr_q
That also looks like a segment of "Fletch", where he is driving the Triumph Spider convertible...do you know the scene?

Coach I believe that is Los Angeles.....Saw Fletch many years ago while I was living in San Diego....Don't remember anyone saying anything about San Diego as a filming location for film....

If you will go to you tube and put in, Top gun bike chase scene, the scene I'm talking about pops up....I don't know how to put a movie clip into post, but you do...Thanks.
n7hdDuXKpG1AbwAJ5m5PnI3NwWec95tj2i0ATcMUggKrlzMFfE3Cf920z8nYYEyi60O3NFmbqua8WibLMKnXMX9CFqVIFiIWGKAUCJ2x2wMKd1z0siVgr_KxTsMAr5ZG

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
Okay, I was going to put this on the Happy Easter thread but was afraid it might be a little sacreligious.
So when singing Christ The Lord Is Risen Today yesterday, without the choir, to the IPad, it became starkly evident that I am a horrible singer and that song jumps every which way. We actually got the giggles we were so bad which really ruins the whole experience of the song. It is not like I have’t sung that song every Easter since I could read!

The giggles,,,classic.
I ove it when that happens
kind of like the olld Carol Burnette show

Last edited:
Coach I believe that is Los Angeles.....Saw Fletch many years ago while I was living in San Diego....Don't remember anyone saying anything about San Diego as a filming location for film....

If you will go to you tube and put in, Top gun bike chase scene, the scene I'm talking about pops up....I don't now how to put a movie clip into post, but you do...Thanks.
n7hdDuXKpG1AbwAJ5m5PnI3NwWec95tj2i0ATcMUggKrlzMFfE3Cf920z8nYYEyi60O3NFmbqua8WibLMKnXMX9CFqVIFiIWGKAUCJ2x2wMKd1z0siVgr_KxTsMAr5ZG
this one:

Reactions: GameTime

If you will go to you tube and put in, Top gun bike chase scene, the scene I'm talking about pops up....I don't know how to put a movie clip into post, but you do...Thanks.
LMAO!!

Impossible to name just 5 top films, but I will name 5 I really liked....

Old Yeller....(I love dogs...Film gets me every time)

Spartacus......

Raiders of Lost Ark....

Creature from the Black Lagoon.....

Ten Commandments.........

So many wonderful films.....

That’s fair. It’s hard to make that meatloaf without an oven, too, huh? 😉 (Just make a joyful noise....)🎶

Impossible to name just 5 top films, but I will name 5 I really liked....

Old Yeller....(I love dogs...Film gets me every time)

Spartacus......

Raiders of Lost Ark....

Creature from the Black Lagoon.....

Ten Commandments.........

So many wonderful films.....

Seen em all. When I think of spartacus I can't help but think of "Airplane"

Let me think on it a few minutes and come up with 5 sure fires...didja watch tim and harvey y et...I laughed so hard I cried

I have mine in a dbase,,,couldn't get to five, but here are some of my all-time favs;

Meet Joe Black... Primal Fear... Sleepers... Water for Elephants... the world's fastest Indian... Jeremiah Johnson... Liar Liar... Million Dollar Baby... the edge... Fletch ... fracture... the guilty... Harlem Nights... the howling... 3000 miles to Graceland ... American Beauty... Avatar... Benny and Joon ... The Bodyguard... The original Arthur with Dudley Moore ... Dances With Wolves

My 10 alltime favorite films

10. Fast And Furious
9. Dr. No
8. Forrest Gump
7. A View To A Kill
6. The Firm
5. The Wizard Of Oz
4. Christmas Vacation
3.Vegas Vacation
2.Bourne Identity
1. Ocean's Eleven

Reactions: NashVol11
My 10 alltime favorite films

10. Fast And Furious
9. Dr. No
8. Forrest Gump
7. A View To A Kill
6. The Firm
5. The Wizard Of Oz
4. Christmas Vacation
3.Vegas Vacation
2.Bourne Identity
1. Ocean's Eleven

I have both oceans 11,,,both good
FF 1 2 and tokyo drift were the best of that run
Roger Moor,,, the only Bond

Reactions: sport3500
An even dozen, in no particular order:
Casablanca
West Side Story
Grapes of Wrath
Annie Hall
Sigin in the Rain
The Godfather
2001 Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane
North by Northwest
Duck Soup
All the President's Men
Shawshank Redemption

Did you know Stephen King wrote Shawshank?

Bridesmaids
Talladaga Nights
My Fair Lady
Christmas Vacation - “If that cat’s got nine lives, he’s done spent’um all”
Key Largo - really any black and white movies which starts with a map
The Philadelphia Story - Katherine Hepburn version
Despicable Me - Because I’m happy
The Greatest Showman
Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey yes
The Italian Job

I need to rewatch these!!
What a great thread!!