Post game thoughts

I think we are playing way above our ceiling. We had our worst game of the year against an amazing secondary that didn't miss a beat from last years draft. I do think Hooker let doubt seep in after the early deep pick by Ringo. I haven't seen a coverage catch by a db since Prime21.

I don't think it was talent everywhere though.
If you don't think they have talent everywhere, idk what to tell you man!

Reactions: jackaro and Freak
Bye Bye Heisman and Playoffs… Terrible performance today… no other way to describe it, orange tinted glasses are in full force but reality- it is what it is… we don’t have anything for “actual talent”

Bye Bye Heisman and Playoffs… Terrible performance today… no other way to describe it, orange tinted glasses are in full force but reality- it is what it is… we don’t have anything for “actual talent”
Casual fan or just overly emotional?

You see what CJ shroud did against a 1-7 team today?

How is Hooker out of the Heisman discussion?

How is Tennessee out of the playoffs?

LSU and Bama game extremely important tonight, so is Clemson vs NF.

One loss to an undefeated team on the road is not a make or break deal.

IMO, this loss was needed for this team

I'm 24 years old, and I'm not even use to seeing Tennessee in the spotlight like this, so imagine what it's like for these guys on the team?

Was all in for the basketball team, and well, ya know . . .
Was all in for the baseball team, and well, ya know . . .
Was all in for the football team, and well, ya know . . .
And I’ll be back next week, ‘cause I’m not giving up! Hope springs eternal!

Things were off from our very first serious when we had a 3rd and 10 and Hooker threw a 5 yard pass--which I'm not sure I've seen him/us do in several games. (Maybe I missed one or two). I also thought we'd go for it on 4th--didn't, which I thought was very Un-Heupel. Hooker was throwing all these short passes on 3rd down that weren't even close to first-down yardage. Bizarre.

I agree with some of that sentiment but disagreed with a lot of it. This was the first time I really felt like heupel was outcoached and out schemed. From the very first drive it was obvious what Georgia’s game plan was. Drop a lot of defenders back deep and force us to throw underneath for short yardage. The idea behind that is it forces you to just put a ton of good plays together to have a successful drive. Eventually penalties and such come in to play as your lion gets fatigued etc. We let them dictate how the game was played and we weren’t prepared for some of the things they do… Such as the late shift

We needed to challenge them down the field more than we did. And another thing… it feels like we throw to the wrong personnel a lot. Those across the middle come back routes (that are only 5 yards deep) shouldn’t go to Jalen Hyatt. Hyatt is unique in that he can burn the Defense deep but not do much else. It is bizarre that he has no shake and bake. But he doesn’t. I don’t recall him ever making a man miss. Those comeback routes should go to Tillman, McCoy, or keyton. We should be sending Hyatt on deep crossing routes and hitch/goes etc. As effective as Hyatt has been in some games this year I really think we could eventually be better at the slot. A guy like squirrel white has great top end soeed but a lot more shifty/shame and bake than Hyatt. We also targeted McCoy and Princeton Fant on deep routes. But neither of those guys are that fast. The deep routes should go to Tillman and Hyatt. Just my opinion but I just felt like we weren’t using the receivers well based on their respective skill sets.

Also, there were a couple of crucial 3rd downs uga had where we showed pressure but then dropped everyone into coverage essentially allowing them easy gains. Those are just mistakes.

Overall the defense played good but I think the lack of elite talent on the roster finally showed up today…especially on the lines. Their defense was in our backfield all day and we rarely got pressure on their quarterback. Also, their defenders made a bunch of really solid open field tackles and we misted a bunch. To me Bands and slaughter were the only guys that made clean open field tackles.

Just Keep recruiting better players, which CJH is doing. We are very close to winning the East IMO.

I'm not even mad about tonight's game. 11-1 and we beat everyone except the probable national champion at their place. Who wouldn't take that?
It’s strange, Im not really mad either. Don’t get me wrong I would love to won the game but I realize where we are at in recruiting in comparison to the level GA has recruited the past few years. To make the Sugar Bowl this year at 11-1 this year is a win.

Was all in for the basketball team, and well, ya know . . .
Was all in for the baseball team, and well, ya know . . .
Was all in for the football team, and well, ya know . . .
And I’ll be back next week, ‘cause I’m not giving up! Hope springs eternal!

This is the sports fan cycle. Plenty of fanbases have never even seen a banner raised at the end of a season in any of the 3 top sports. It sucks sometimes, but we always come back.

Reactions: Jaingo

VN Store

Back