Post game thoughts

Vols till I fall

Huepel is a A+ coach, working with a roster that has good players but not elite players

I consider this loss to UGA a moral victory since the game was a lot worse than what the score showed... this will pay off a month from now when we are in the playoff discussion

UGA, just awesome in every category, every position, etc. Absolutely 0 debate in that and I will admit greatness when I see it. I personally hope if we make the playoffs (which is still very plausible), we don't face Georgia.

If you would have told me in September that Tennessee would finished the season 11-1, I would have called insane, laughed in your face and muted you. The development in year 2 under Huepel is surreal. Rome isn't built in a day but Huepel has almost made it appear as so

Georgia has had top 5 classes year after year, our last one was 7 years ago.

For us to lose by only two TD's to a team like that is very respectable.

There's only so much scheming you can do until it comes down to raw talent and this is what happened tonight

This is the same roster that lost 30+ players to the transfer portal not too long ago

Needed to establish the run early on. Running the ball is huge for the offense to work. It’s ok, just big beat by a better team

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Huepel is a A+ coach, working with a roster that has good players but not elite players

I consider this loss to UGA a moral victory since the game was a lot worse than what the score showed... this will pay off a month from now when we are in the playoff discussion

UGA, just awesome in every category, every position, etc. Absolutely 0 debate in that and I will admit greatness when I see it. I personally hope if we make the playoffs (which is still very plausible), we don't face Georgia.

If you would have told me in September that Tennessee would finished the season 11-1, I would have called insane, laughed in your face and muted you. The development in year 2 under Huepel is surreal. Rome isn't built in a day but Huepel has almost made it appear as so

There's only so much scheming you can do until it comes down to raw talent and this is what happened tonight

This is the same roster that lost 30+ players to the transfer portal not too long ago
So, when Hyatt, and Tillman are too draft picks and Wright is a first round pick, are we still going to talk about lack of talent??

Reactions: andyk_14
I think we are playing way above our ceiling. We had our worst game of the year against an amazing secondary that didn't miss a beat from last years draft. I do think Hooker let doubt seep in after the early deep pick by Ringo. I haven't seen a coverage catch by a db since Prime21.

I don't think it was talent everywhere though.

It is ESPECIALLY so in Heupel's system - its all on the 1-1 matchups and besides Hooker being way off, we simply got beaten in the matchups. Couldnt believe that one interception where Tilman just got beat.

Proud of this team and I think with CJH, we are definitely back to being a real force nationally. Give us another year or two to get a deep roster of 4*s and I think we are going to keep being at the top 5.

That’s 3 guys. Not sure any defender for Tennessee would clearly start at Ga. Several would play. Several would NEVER see the field. That’s just a fact.
Baron is slooooow. To see him chase after plays is infuriating.

I’m just glad we scored a TD with how horrendous our offense played. Hooker made horrible decisions. Credit UGA defense for what they did, but ALOT of that was Hooker.
Takes elite qb play to beat Alabama or Georgia. And we didn't have that today. Period. However anyone wants to slice it.

VN Store

Back