Post game controversy

They were about to do their traditional huddle or prayer, not to jump on the logo and celebrate. Once they got word Rennia respectfully guided the rest of the team to the free throw line. No harm or foul.

That is exactly what I saw - did not see the police, only Rennia motioning for our players to relocate to different area of floor. Obviously huddling for post game prayer, and nothing to taunt opposing players or fans.

That is exactly what I saw - did not see the police, only Rennia motioning for our players to relocate to different area of floor. Obviously huddling for post game prayer, and nothing to taunt opposing players or fans.

Definitely, a security guard motioned them to move down the court (100% positive on that). I don't think it was a big deal. For whatever, security did not want them at center court and they moved down.

On the FB page last night, people were trying to stir the pot that McGraw's handshake was abrupt. It is all silly. ND lost on their home court and they weren't happy. What does anyone expect.

Last edited:
I don't give a rat's ass if they celebrated on the ND golden dome! It is the LVs 1st road win against a ranked team in almost a decade. Yeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!!!
Welcome to Rocky Top coach KJH.

Incorrect. They have beat these ranked teams on the road in recent years:

Oregon State
South Carolina
Kentucky
Mississippi State (2017 - huge upset on senior night)
Stanford (2018)
Texas (2018)

But like you, I don’t care were they celebrated.

Obviously most of you that watch Lady Vols religiously know that last years coach never to be named again would still be standing in South Bend with her hands on hips looking around for an excuse why they lost. We have a COACH that will make this team better. Get rid of those turnovers. And eventually bring back an SEC and a National title to Knoxville.

Obviously most of you that watch Lady Vols religiously know that last years coach never to be named again would still be standing in South Bend with her hands on hips looking around for an excuse why they lost. We have a COACH that will make this team better. Get rid of those turnovers. And eventually bring back an SEC and a National title to Knoxville.

Is this directed at someone in particular? Seems random and unnecessary in response to the last few posts. Maybe you meant to quote someone? Otherwise why is it necessary to continue to dog on Holly?

Last edited:
No they were wrong about that we had won several on the road against ranked teams in the last few seasons.

Yes, Stanford was 18 and the LVs were 7 when they beat them at Stanford in Dec. 2017

And they beat number 4 South Carolina at Columbia, SC in Jan 2017

And won on the road against #7 Oregon Dec. 19, 2015

That mistake was really an odd one for ESPN to make.

Last edited:
Yes, Stanford was 18 and the LVs were 7 when they beat them at Stanford in Dec. 2017

And they beat number 4 South Carolina at Columbia, SC in Jan 2017

And won on the road against #7 Oregon Dec. 19, 2015

That mistake was really odd one for ESPN to make.
I guess it is nice to make the big bucks and not know what you are talking about half the time.

Is this directed at someone in particular? Seems random and unnecessary in response to the last few posts. Maybe you meant to quote someone? Otherwise why is is necessary to continue to dog on Holly?
Seems like he/she just expressed an opinion.

Reactions: peerless98
ND is not capable of playing better! This is the worst ND team in many many years!

Never seen so many short little white girls.

When they showed the Notre Dame bench, I thought they were selling Girl Scout cookies over there.

They were about to do their traditional huddle or prayer, not to jump on the logo and celebrate. Once they got word Rennia respectfully guided the rest of the team to the free throw line. No harm or foul.
Exactly what happened

What I saw was a gathering at mid court near the sideline and a police lady directing them to move away from the ND team that was also huddling in the same area. Didn't appear to be anything. But, when you get thumped on your own court there is always something to complain about.

You mean kinda like Penny Hardaway? Enjoyed that game, but not sure I want to witness the rematch.

Definitely, a security guard motioned them to move down the court (100% positive on that). I don't think it was a big deal. For whatever, security did not want them at center court and they moved down.

On the FB page last night, people were trying to stir the pot that McGraw's handshake was abrupt. It is all silly. ND lost on their home court and they weren't happy. What does anyone expect.

It was on my tape of the game . Right after the usual good game , high fives, UT players were gathering near mid court line and closer to the official tables ( not at middle of the court ) but that area was congested . ( which still had people moving up and down the court between the players and the tables ) A security lady made hand gestures for them to move a little further away and immediately the team moved down court ! This was a nothing issue ...... We did not stop at mid court and hurt their Leprechaun!!!!!! Everything happened within five seconds..... nothing here but people wanting to make something out of nothing! JMO🤷‍♂️

Honestly ya'll Coach McGraw is a classy coach. You have no idea what the police or she said to the team.

For the past several years after a big game (usually a loss) it was a nauseating lovefest from opposing coaches about what a great job Holly was doing with impossible shoes to fill.

Maybe the surest sign the Lady Vols are on their way back is our rivals are starting to feel butt-hurt again...

VN Store

Back