Post game controversy

volnationnj

The ND board is up in arms over our team supposedly gathering on the center court ND logo to celebrate the win. They said their coach (McGraw) and a policeman chased our players away.
Did anyone see this ?

Reactions: scores4fun
The ND board is up in arms over our team supposedly gathering on the center court ND logo to celebrate the win. They said their coach (McGraw) and a policeman chased our players away.
Did anyone see this ?
I saw them get scooted off center court by the cop. Seemed like they were spontaneously celebrating in the wrong location on the floor rather than anything malicious. Let McGraw's bench stay salty, they'll survive :p

Both teams have a long way to go... Too many turnovers by a lot of young players. Both teams will improve steadily as the season goes along. It will be interesting to see how well the coaching staffs preform. For the Vols, it was pointed out that half court offense was lacking. (didn't take an expert to see it, not much organization and execution) We know what McGraw and company can do. It will give us a measuring stick for Coach K and staff to measure too. I hope we don't get too "head up" for this team as the SEC is going to be an even worse mine field than usual this year. I do like the attitude and enthusiasm the lady showed which was much improved over the last couple of years.

Sore losers I didn't see anything that was negative they actually gathered at center court like they do at home for a prayer. As Tennessee gets better watch Muffet cancel the series. Two or three more wins we want see them again.[/QUOTE

They need to prepare to get back on the losing track because next year they ain’t winnin’ in Knoxville.

Did anyone see this ?
tenor.gif

Sore losers I didn't see anything that was negative they actually gathered at center court like they do at home for a prayer. As Tennessee gets better watch Muffet cancel the series. Two or three more wins we want see them again.

I'm not a Muffet fan, but I don't believe she will cancel the series even if the LVs do start beating them regularly again. Us Blue Hairs can remember when she NEVER beat Pat, and had a string of 15, 20, who knows how many, losses in a row. Her expression after games showed everything she was feeling, none of it good, but she kept playing us. I think she always will, even when we are down. Her home crowd obviously loves the chance to beat UT, as does their message board. That board really hated Pat, over the years called her classless, called our players classless, called our fans classless, blamed game after game on the refs - oh, how nice it would be if we get back to that stratosphere again! But I don't think Muffet will cancel.

Much ado over nothing. The Lady Vols, unlike Notre Dame, have had very few moments of the type of pure exhilaration in recent years that make you temporarily forget your manners. I'm sure Kellie will work with them on the proper place to take their jubilation huddle while on the road in the future.

I hope Notre Dame fans don't blow this out of proportion. They HAVE to know that the Lady Vols aren't known for being rude bullies, and were simply so over-the-moon happy that they'd beaten a RESPECTED program that recently won a national championship that they lost their minds and celebrated on ND's gathering spot. I am 100% positive they didn't do that to disrespect them.

I'm sure Kellie will work with them on the proper place to take their jubilation huddle while on the road in the future.

Great idea for a confidence booster and intimidation factor.

"What are they doing?"

"Oh, just showing where they're goung to celebrate after they beat us."

"(gulp)"

VN Store

Back