Pollution......we’re all going to die.

Once upon a time when you went to the grocery store they used to ask you if you wanted "paper or plastic", then they just offered plastic with a few paper bags left for people wanting to put their frozen stuff in them. Now you get 50 plastic bags with one item in each bag.

I was at a Walmart in Rhode Island a couple of months ago that had nothing but paper bags. First time I had seen that in a long time.

It really aggravates me that they won’t let me bring in a cup to get an icey. It really seems to bother them that I don’t take a straw. You’d think it saves them money so they would not care but nope.
I have my own straw. Stainless steel.
0A038ABC-1E3C-436D-8CAB-C91192DF2493.jpeg

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64
It really aggravates me that they won’t let me bring in a cup to get an icey. It really seems to bother them that I don’t take a straw. You’d think it saves them money so they would not care but nope.
I have my own straw. Stainless steel.
View attachment 211545

I've never seen one of those. A stainless steel sissy stick ... S to the 4th ... I like it. Only one question. When you drink iceys, how do you keep your lips from freezing to the straw? And imagine drinking milkshakes without collapsing the straw.

I've never seen one of those. A stainless steel sissy stick ... S to the 4th ... I like it. Only one question. When you drink iceys, how do you keep your lips from freezing to the straw? And imagine drinking milkshakes without collapsing the straw.

They are the best thing ever for a milkshake.
Even a Wendy’s frosty is no problem

Reactions: AM64
I would imagine better heat transfer cuts down on brain freeze. I’ve got plenty of 1/4” 316SS tubing in the lab. I’ll make me a nice straw from it and take it to CFA.

I’ve got 10-15 straws.
I take one with me every day.
People think I’m nuts but I’m doing my best to eliminate anything plastic I can

I’ve got 10-15 straws.
I take one with me every day.
People think I’m nuts but I’m doing my best to eliminate anything plastic I can

I'm going to have to get a couple or so ... Amazon? I've actually got at least one really old glass straw ... maybe even one of my aunt's with the little stirring spoon at the bottom. Not the thing for a car or rowdy environments, though.

I'm going to have to get a couple or so ... Amazon? I've actually got at least one really old glass straw ... maybe even one of my aunt's with the little stirring spoon at the bottom. Not the thing for a car or rowdy environments, though.
I actually got them at Aldi.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64
I hear they are going back to use the glass syringes for drug addicts. It's a win win.

Reactions: AM64
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't UCLA or some other cali university just come up with a very handy breakthrough in plastic recycling very recently? It was big news.

I checked; Amazon has them ... naturally. The even have silicone tips so you don't have to freeze your lips ... and some larger diameter SS straws for smoothies and milkshakes.
Yeah I was thinking I might want to go with the 3/8” tubing for the Frosty...

Reactions: 1972 Grad and AM64
Does it relate to a golf ball and a garden hose? Chrome and a trailer hitch?

Sorta. More like maybe you are too old to get the golf ball up the garden hose kinda thing. BTW, we think way too much alike ... just read your Bill Clinton / coach comment ... almost made that one myself but passed.

VN Store

Back