Pollution......we’re all going to die.

There are several options on Amazon if you have a friend with a prime account.

Yeah, I'll propably spend $100, or so, for 50lbs through Amazon. About the best option per pound.. I had seen that stuff at Walmart, but for what I need (about 25 pounds) might as well get 50lbs.

Besides, somebody has to be the Guinea Pig on this supposed septic drain field remedy.

Stu Cook was the bassist for CCR.

For some reason I never really looked into the members ... except the Fogertys. I've got bunches of the records and a couple of disks so it wouldn't have been hard to do.

They were great. Stu Cook and Doug Clifford (drummer) are still touring as Credence Clearwater Revisited. Different singer and guitarist. Great show, highly recommend.

They are.. If you put the inspection ports on them, basically a pipe on the ends with a cleanout screw cap that rises to just below ground level, it gives flexibility on maintaining the field. i.e. check fluid levels/perc rate, and other good reasons to have them

My understanding is with a 4in clean out you can have the field pumped just like the tank.

Reactions: AM64
My understanding is with a 4in clean out you can have the field pumped just like the tank.

You can in fact.. and have them "jetted" out if you need to. Also in an emergency situation,. drain it over the bank.

Wrong thread for that last bit of info, though

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
They are.. If you put the inspection ports on them, basically a pipe on the ends with a cleanout screw cap that rises to just below ground level, it gives flexibility on maintaining the field. i.e. check fluid levels/perc rate, and other good reasons to have them

That may be what my next door neighbor used when they had their field line redone. I know whatever they used had cleanouts.

That may be what my next door neighbor used when they had their field line redone. I know whatever they used had cleanouts.
Probably so. I was in the process of digging the old field lines up 2 years ago, just to discover they were 7 ft down.. too deep to mess with. The ground had been built up, some time before, by several feet.

So, as a temporary solution, I put a run of infiltrators, over the old field bed, about 3 ft down. Put in a new relocated tank and tied into the infiltrators. It's not ideal, but until I settle on a new drain field location, it's better than nothing.. perc rate is horrible because the ground underneath is shot from the old failed lines. I was really hoping I could get by several years like that, but with the amount of rain we've had, it doesn't seem likely.

The inspection port is useful, that is for sure, will be especially useful when I dump a buttload of lye in there to try to help rejuvenate the old greasy dirt. It's worth a shot.

So, yeah.. It's not something anyone would want to have to do twice on a single property.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back